Forums

Topic: Predict: Gaming in 2016

Posts 1 to 20 of 56

IceClimbers

The new year is upon us, so I thought it'd be fun to make some predictions about gaming in 2016.

I'll start:

-VR struggles to find a mainstream audience. The high price is turn off for many. Oculus does better than PS VR, though the latter is announced to be compatible with No Man's Sky.
-No Man's Sky is exactly as advertised, but was overhyped by the internet. Amazing sense of scale, but gets boring somewhat quickly.
-Gotta address Nintendo's elephant in the room - NX. It does launch in 2016, and it is the multiple form factor ecosystem.
-Gravity Rush 2 will be one of the hidden gems of the year.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

-Green-

As I stare into my crystal ball I see...lots of salt flying everywhere. It's frightening.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

veeflames

-Red- wrote:

As I stare into my crystal ball I see...lots of salt flying everywhere. It's frightening.

LOL!!!!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

Ok:

• VR fails completely, doesn't do much better than the Virtual Boy.
  • NX is announced in March but the combination of 2016 release date and very poor launch lineup leads to sales being worse than Wii U. Most people question why it wasn't released in 2017.
  • Despite the NX reveal and Splatoon content ending in January, Splatoon sales continue to massively rise in Japan.
  • Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian and FFVII remake are all delayed by about 6 months as Sony realizes that PS4 doesn't need games to sell well.
  • XB1 sales are moderate though Scalebound, like all other Platinum games are very well received by critics and the fanbase but sell very poorly.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SuperWiiU

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The VB failed so bad it's impossible for VR to do worse. There are already more VR users than VB owners in the world.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

6ch6ris6

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Ok:

• Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian and FFVII remake are all delayed by about 6 months as Sony realizes that PS4 doesn't need games to sell well.

ha. so true.

i honestly have no idea how 2016 will be for gaming.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Ok:

• NX is announced in March but the combination of 2016 release date and very poor launch lineup leads to sales being worse than Wii U. Most people question why it wasn't released in 2017.
  • Despite the NX reveal and Splatoon content ending in January, Splatoon sales continue to massively rise in Japan.
  • XB1 sales are moderate though Scalebound, like all other Platinum games are very well received by critics and the fanbase but sell very poorly.

In other words; The sky is blue...

Octane

Shinion

AAA publishers do the usual s***. Consumers suffer on newer lows as publishers push the boundaries even further and milk all they can from their big budget, mature and rehashed franchises that include, but not limited to:
. More expensive Season Passes with less content.
. More microtransactions than ever before.
. Games sold in pieces as per Square-Enix's dream.
. More content exclusive to preorders.
And of course we can't exclude the traditional s*** they will continue to pull:
. COD, FIFA & Assassin's Creed no 1000000000000 do nothing to shake up their formulas and still are amongst the highest selling games.
. Broken launches for online games.
. Lying previews for the biggest games. Games look better than the final product, Ubisoft's 'mic trick' etc
. Konami dies as far as AAA gaming is concerned. Finally. But not without one last anti-consumer hurrah.
. Multi-million $$$$$$$$$$$ cars will be lowered from a stage to coincide with an AAA car game's reveal at a preview event. Said game will then be filled with microtransactions and DLC and the publisher will cry poverty to justify it. Clueless sheep will lap it up as they will continue to be unable to put two-and-two together and see how these companies have them repeatedly dancing to their tune.
. There will be an SJW controversy or several where an SJW will do something mean that reflects badly on an AAA publisher. Said SJW will then be hounded by the 'Gamergate' community who stick up for the oppressed company which is under serious threat from the SJWs and might not be able to release games as a result. After a week of insults and childish behavoir, an intern at said company reads this controversy on 4chan and it is the first this company has heard about this. Nothing further comes of this and publisher does what publisher was always going to do anyway.
. Gamergate will continue to not exist.
. Sony will release about 3 new excellent exclusives from their in-house dev teams in a year they say will be filled with a 'rush' of Sony games.
. No one will be allowed to criticise Sony on the Internet as the PS4 will continue to be the highest selling console and that will automatically exempt them from criticism.
. Nintendoomed. And that is all that needs to be said about Nintendo.
. Xbox One will continue to do alright. There will be a few great games for its audience that will be forgotten about when the next entry in their respective franchise is better than it. Also Phil Spencer will say what he is advised to say and the Xbox sheep will continue to worship him and overlook his lies. For some reason or other.
. There will be a few rubbish games released on Steam. In fact, add 'thousand' after few there and it will be more accurate.
. Memes.

There's your bright outlook on the year 2016 in gaming from the way I view things. Think I'm gonna screencap this and see if my predictions come true

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Vinny

Some of my realistic/safe guesses:

• Lots of games will get delayed to 2017.
  • A new Pokemon will be released for the 20th anniversary.
  • NX gets announced at E3 2016.
  • Sega will release a 2.5D game for Sonic's 25th anniversary. Unfortunately, it'll probably miss the point of what made the originals so good, much like Sonic 4.
    Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice will be pretty bad.
  • Rhythm Heaven 3DS and Dai Gyakuten Saiban aren't going to get localized. And probably not in 2017 as well, or 2018, or...
  • There will be dank memes.
  • Earlier in 2015, Nintendo commented that some classic games were going to be released for the 3DS at low prices. They dropped the idea.
  • Zelda U will be very well received and praised by critics, but Zelda fans will say they hate it and that Skyward Sword was better.
  • We're going to see Pikmin 4, Retro Studios' secret game (that is NOT Metroid) and the 3D Mario EAD is working on.
  • There will be some new smaller, first party titles announced for the 3DS. Kirby is a good guess, since it's common for Kirby games to be released late into a console's life.
  • Konami will continue to antagonize humanity.
  • This one is obvious: More Amiibo. I think a Zelda line is very much possible, with 8-bit link being one of the figures. And of course, a Disney Infinity-like game where everything gets unlocked with Amiibo.
  • The Undertale mania will die down a bit.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Shinion

Vinny wrote:

• Zelda U will be very well received and praised by critics, but Zelda fans will say they hate it and that Skyward Sword was better.

^This. This x100. It'll both annoy and please me if this is the case, as a genuinely huge fan of Skyward Sword, I want it to get the praise from Zelda fans I believe it merits, but at the same time I don't want it to happen as part of the infamous 'Zelda Cycle'. Overall I want Zelda U to be amazing first and foremost, but I have a suspicion that Skyward Sword will remain my favourite Zelda still after playing Zelda U, and I don't want to be seen as a Zelda U hater for believing that. God I hate the Zelda Cycle

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

Vinny wrote:

Replace with Twilight Princess HD and I agree.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Freeon-Leon

Vinny wrote:

• We're going to see Pikmin 4, Retro Studios' secret game (that is NOT Metroid) and the 3D Mario EAD is working on.

And all 3 games will be amazing. Can't wait for that to happen in 2016!

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

IceClimbers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Vinny wrote:

Replace with Twilight Princess HD and I agree.

Can't be Twilight Princess to fit the Zelda cycle. Skyward Sword is the most recent 3D Zelda, so it's next in line for people to suddenly appreciate when the hatedom for Zelda U starts. Also, by the Zelda cycle, Zelda U will be seen as the worst in the series as the general consensus once the hatedom spreads.

veeflames

Today's literally the first day I've heard of something called The Zelda Cycle.
Sometimes internet people aren't just their smartest. :/

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers: Remakes/remasters don't count in the Zelda cycle?

Grumblevolcano

NintendoFan64

Vinny wrote:

Some of my realistic/safe guesses:

• Lots of games will get delayed to 2017.

This is a given.

Vinny wrote:

• A new Pokemon will be released for the 20th anniversary.

Probably Pokemon Z

Vinny wrote:

• NX gets announced at E3 2016.

It's a safe bet that E3 is when they talk about it (before anyone goes on about how it has to be before that because the NX is going to be released next year, I don't think that's going to happen. I'm seeing a 2017 release.)

Vinny wrote:

• Sega will release a 2.5D game for Sonic's 25th anniversary. Unfortunately, it'll probably miss the point of what made originals so good, much like Sonic 4.
    Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice will be pretty bad.

Well, at least I'll still have Freedom Planet 2 to look forward to...

Vinny wrote:

• Rhythm Heaven 3DS and Dai Gyakuten Saiban aren't going to get localized. And probably not in 2017 as well, or 2018, or...

Damnit, don't say that, man! What? I'm not in denial. YOU'RE in denial!

Vinny wrote:

• There will be dank memes.

This is a given.

Vinny wrote:

• Earlier in 2015, Nintendo commented that some classic games were going to be released for the 3DS for low prices. They dropped the idea.

Pretty sure that was obvious at this point.

Vinny wrote:

...Yeah. I can see that happening.

Vinny wrote:

I might sound crazy, but Pikmin 4 is the only one I can see. I don't know...I just don't foresee Retro Studios' and the next 3D Mario game being shown just yet. Would like to be proven wrong, though.

Vinny wrote:

• There will be some new smaller, first party titles announced for the 3DS. Kirby is a good guess, since it's common for Kirby games to be released late into a console's life.

I'll gladly take some more Kirby!

Vinny wrote:

• Konami will continue to antagonize humanity.

Well, we've pretty much gone past the point of no return with Konami's insanity this year, so...yeah.

Vinny wrote:

• This one is obvious: More Amiibo. I think a Zelda line is very much possible, with 8-bit link being one of the figures. And of course, a Disney Infinity-like game where everything gets unlocked with Amiibo.

Oh, yeah. Definitely.

Vinny wrote:

• The Undertale mania will die down a bit.

This is a given.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: Nope.

Anyways, here's some more predictions:
-The Division will suck.
-Horizon Zero Dawn will be delayed into 2017.
-Zelda Four Swords Adventures Anniversary Edition is announced.

Just because I feel like playing devil's advocate:
-Zelda U does not come to NX.

NintendoFan64

IceClimbers wrote:

Just because I feel like playing devil's advocate:
-Zelda U does not come to NX.

Permission to laugh in @LetsGoRetro's face if this happens and the NX isn't released until 2017?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Whydoievenbother

Zelda U will be a disappointment
Konami will still be Konami
No Man's Sky will be 2016's Spore
Time Crisis VR
Rocket League 2!

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.