Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Possible Xbox Tech?

Showing 1 to 19 of 19

AuthorMessage
Crazybrain1

Crazybrain1

1. Posted:

I was looking at the articles on Yahoo! and I saw this:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/microsoft-illumiroom-...

Take a look at it, it's pretty interesting.

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everything.

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

2. Posted:

Ya, Im getting this.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Jaz007

Jaz007

3. Posted:

That is some pretty cool stuff. Slightly unsure if will be too distracting or not, probably not though. I really doubt it will ship with the Xbox 720 though. Also as the video pointed out light messes up the experience which coulda le this pretty unusable during the day because light will come through the windows, that alone could prevent this from full taking off. There is also the problem that your living room TV might be up against a half wall. If it has to be plugged in that could also be a big problem which. You also might not have a any table or anything between you as the TV, combine that with plugging it in and you have a big problem. I would imagine it wouldn't be cheap for Microsoft or the consumer either. You also might also need to sit too close to your TV. It's neat, but has many potential problems.

Jaz007

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

4. Posted:

@Jaz007
I get all the problems you mentioned, but as-is, it would be pretty easy to set up right. For me at least.
As for non-gamers, I could see the current build being a problem. It isn't the final build(obviously), so they could easily add more options of where it can function brightness, etc. problems with the prototype.
This reminds me of the Wii remote projector mod that was around years ago...
I will probably get an Xbox with this, but the projector is probably expensive as heck. It will probably be expensive even without this thing, but we'll just have to see.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
MAB

MAB

5. Posted:

This has gimmick written all over it ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
KingDunsparce

KingDunsparce

6. Posted:

Wow, that's pretty cool. Probably not enough to convince me to get the next Xbox alone though.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage
19Robb92

19Robb92

7. Posted:

Looks great for movies, but really bad for games.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Drawdler

Drawdler

8. Posted:

It looks like it will boost immersion, if not really being innovative for games.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

9. Posted:

You're not supposed to be looking at the projection most of the time. You will be looking at the TV, and use the other view as peripheral vision. There's alot they can do with it, along with Kinect and regular games.
Everythings a gimmick in at least one point in time.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Jaz007

Jaz007

10. Posted:

How many devs would actually support though? It seems like a small market if it's not a pack in.

Jaz007

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

11. Posted:

Yo peeps do your research before posting. This tech is at least five years out on a commercial scale and is a mircosoft research project and not from the xbox team.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

12. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Yo peeps do your research before posting. This tech is at least five years out on a commercial scale and is a mircosoft research project and not from the xbox team.

Doesn't matter. If they are going to implement this tech for Xbox, than it will be new for most gamers. Besides, I would argue it's even older than 5 years. I'm pretty sure I've seen tons of stuff like this at arcades and themeparks for a while now.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
RancidVomit86

RancidVomit86

13. Posted:

This is old news. MS showed illumiroom a long time ago. I always felt it could be distracting for games but is a cool piece of tech.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
RikuzeYre

RikuzeYre

14. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Yo peeps do your research before posting. This tech is at least five years out on a commercial scale and is a mircosoft research project and not from the xbox team.

Doesn't matter. If they are going to implement this tech for Xbox, than it will be new for most gamers. Besides, I would argue it's even older than 5 years. I'm pretty sure I've seen tons of stuff like this at arcades and themeparks for a while now.

I think he's saying it wont be out for another 5 years

RikuzeYre

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

15. Posted:

RikuzeYre wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Yo peeps do your research before posting. This tech is at least five years out on a commercial scale and is a mircosoft research project and not from the xbox team.

Doesn't matter. If they are going to implement this tech for Xbox, than it will be new for most gamers. Besides, I would argue it's even older than 5 years. I'm pretty sure I've seen tons of stuff like this at arcades and themeparks for a while now.

I think he's saying it wont be out for another 5 years

Oh, I see. Well still, I've seen this sort of thing at arcades. Alot of arcade machines mess with projectors.

The resolution of the projector doesn't matter much, because they would most likely use it as a peripheral vision display, which isn't that clear anyway.
I think it looks interesting. The prototype already looks pretty good.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Crazybrain1

Crazybrain1

16. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

This is old news. MS showed illumiroom a long time ago. I always felt it could be distracting for games but is a cool piece of tech.

I didn't know that. :O

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everything.

AuthorMessage
RancidVomit86

RancidVomit86

17. Posted:

Crazybrain1 wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

This is old news. MS showed illumiroom a long time ago. I always felt it could be distracting for games but is a cool piece of tech.

I didn't know that. :O

When I posted about it on Sega-Addicts.

http://nr89.x10host.com/SegaAddictsForum/index.php?topic=383.0

But, its cool. Not everyone see's every announcement right away.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Crazybrain1

Crazybrain1

18. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Crazybrain1 wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

This is old news. MS showed illumiroom a long time ago. I always felt it could be distracting for games but is a cool piece of tech.

I didn't know that. :O

When I posted about it on Sega-Addicts.

http://nr89.x10host.com/SegaAddictsForum/index.php?topic=383.0

But, its cool. Not everyone see's every announcement right away.

Especially Yahoo!, since that's where I got the article from.

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everything.

AuthorMessage
V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja

19. Posted:

While this is most certainly neat, I feel like this will just become another Kinect; a rarely used, half-functional device that is released and only rarely staying on store shelves because Microsoft makes ludicrous amounts of money.

Also, RADIAL WOBBLE!!!

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery and My Anime List
My Blog - Latest Post: 150 Words on Stealth B*****d Deluxe
You can email me here.