Other Gaming Forum

Topic: PlayStation Vita Not Coming Until 2012 in US and EU

Showing 1 to 20 of 20

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

Corbs

1. Posted:

It seems Sony is going to miss the holiday season in the US and Europe by deciding to wait until 2012 to launch PlayStation Vita. Japan will still get the system in 2011 (of which I will certainly buy a unit on day one), but gamers in other regions will have to wait until early next year. They're sure missing a golden opportunity with Nintendo 3DS sales struggling a bit, but perhaps it will set the system up for a better launch lineup of games. :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Fuzzy

2. Posted:

Ah well. As long as they have some good games ready to go from the start, I'll get it close to release. :)

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

3. Posted:

Street Fighter X Tekken might be a launch title now. :)

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pikku

4. Posted:

Apparently Sony doesn't want to rush it, which is good.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HandheldGuru97

5. Posted:

Missing the crucial holiday season in one of the biggest markets (USA) is a bad move. I mean look what happened to the 3DS.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperSpank

6. Posted:

That's...a bit dumb.

I ca vind party hay

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

7. Posted:

Yesssssssssss! Nintendo will own the holidays. :3

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bass_X0

8. Posted:

Is it region free?

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

hatty475

9. Posted:

That's going to make things more difficult for Sony. The 3DS will have a huge install base by the time PS Vita hits the market. They should have started development earlier, and had just skipped the PSP Go.

Beethoven was right when he said it don't come easy.
Currently Learning: Electric Guitar
Bad Wolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pikku

10. Posted:

Bass_X0 wrote:

Is it region free?

Yep.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ToadFan

11. Posted:

MM I'm still getting it on launch, even in Early 2012. I'll definitly have enough money for it by then. :P

ToadFan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Magi

12. Posted:

hatty475 wrote:

They should have started development earlier

How do we know they didn't?

This news makes me sad but my wallet happy. :( An R2D2 xbox plus the vita woulda put the smackdown on my discretionary funds.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

13. Posted:

Corbs wrote:

It seems Sony is going to miss the holiday season in the US and Europe by deciding to wait until 2012 to launch PlayStation Vita. Japan will still get the system in 2011 (of which I will certainly buy a unit on day one), but gamers in other regions will have to wait until early next year. They're sure missing a golden opportunity with Nintendo 3DS sales struggling a bit, but perhaps it will set the system up for a better launch lineup of games. :D

You're ever so optimistic :P

Honestly, this was a dumb move on their part, considering Nintendo has no competition in the West this fall/holidays. I think maybe the price drop scared Sony ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

14. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Street Fighter X Tekken might be a launch title now. :)

I hope so.:D

Anyways, all this means to me is that I can still get a PS3 this year and won't have to start saving up for a Vita until next year.:)

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

15. Posted:

good to know! i need time to save my money anyway... maybe i'll luck out and it'll hit around tax season so's i'll have a fat return check to use :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

16. Posted:

Wow. Good news for Nintendo - glad Sony announced this after the price drop, because otherwise there might not have been the motivation to drop the 3DS's price so quickly. Either way, it's a shame for Sony to miss the holiday season. Sales aren't all that high in the spring - people stock up on new toys at X-mas.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

17. Posted:

Token_Girl wrote:

Wow. Good news for Nintendo - glad Sony announced this after the price drop, because otherwise there might not have been the motivation to drop the 3DS's price so quickly. Either way, it's a shame for Sony to miss the holiday season. Sales aren't all that high in the spring - people stock up on new toys at X-mas.

That seems to be changing though - there were a lot of really high profile game releases after Christmas last/ this year. That wouldn't have happened if the publishers thought they were releasing to a slow sales period.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

18. Posted:

Makes me wonder if Vita's sales will be lower because of this :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

19. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Token_Girl wrote:

Wow. Good news for Nintendo - glad Sony announced this after the price drop, because otherwise there might not have been the motivation to drop the 3DS's price so quickly. Either way, it's a shame for Sony to miss the holiday season. Sales aren't all that high in the spring - people stock up on new toys at X-mas.

That seems to be changing though - there were a lot of really high profile game releases after Christmas last/ this year. That wouldn't have happened if the publishers thought they were releasing to a slow sales period.

Gotta spend your money presents from GramGram somehow.:3

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pntjr

20. Posted:

THey missed a golden opprotunity to kill the 3DS once and for all... and they blew it.
In other words...

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx