Forums

Topic: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360?

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Phobos

I'm not interested in all this Move/Kinect stuff, just more into the traditional conso- Yay, I.M. Weasel is on!

Apologies, as I was saying, I don't really know which I should go for, as I'm not familiar to their individual features and I don't really know the difference, being more Nintendo.

Which one is better for me to go for, the PS3 or Xbox? I'm leaning towards the PS3 but a lot of friends go for the Xbox. I'm particularly afraid of the Red Ring of Death, as I have no repair service near me. Opimions and help, please?

My 3DS Blog | YouTube Channel
CUAF - Administrator/Chef/Logo Creator

SMEXAIZELDAMAN's Official Undercover Assassin

OldBoy

New Xboxes are much more reliable than the first few batches Re:RROD so I wouldn't let that sway your decision. As a 360 owner I have been very pleased with the console. Many great games (and no they are not all FPS's despite what some would have you believe!) , a fantastic online service (though you do have to pay) , an amzing online store with some fantastic Retro and Indie titles , Sky TV ,Zune ,works great as a media centre when synced with your PC etc and one of the best controllers I think I've ever owned (no not kinect! LOL). The harddrive is upgradable though you do have to use an official MS hard drive
As for the PS3 , well I don't own one but it seems also like an excellent console. Blu-Ray , free online , good exclusives ,easy to upgrade the harddrive. I'm sure some PS3 owners will tell you some more plus points.
At the end of the day it should come down to which games you would prefer to play and make your choice.It does seem like the 360 gets the better deal generally when it comes to multi platform releases though.
Just get both

What's this bit for again?

The_Fox

Yeah, they're both pretty great. Like Luigi I lean towards the 360 but you can't go wrong with either. Again, like Luigi said the newer models of the system are much more reliable, but you might want to do your research if you're buying used. Older models of both systems are prone to hardware failures (Red ring of death for the 360 and the Yellow light of death for the PS3) so be aware of that.

Beyond that, I guess for you it depends how much you want to be able to game online with your friends.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Phobos

Aaaargh, such a hard choice. I'm familiar with most of the simple features. Many friends have the Xbox, but I can't pay for the Microsoft Live service; such money is needed elsewhere. I do like the Xbox though, but the PS3 is quite good itself from what I hear. Wish I could get both.

I'm not buying used ones though, a brand new one from the store. I'll go do a bit of scouting for more opinions, then decide. Thanks, guys.

My 3DS Blog | YouTube Channel
CUAF - Administrator/Chef/Logo Creator

SMEXAIZELDAMAN's Official Undercover Assassin

AlexSays

Unless you have both, you're missing out either way.

It pretty much comes down to what you don't mind missing out on most.

AlexSays

LordJumpMad

Their both good but, your better off with a X-Box 360.
Unless the games you like are on the PS3, then go for it.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

brooks83

If you love retro gaming and the VC in particular, you would probably do better with a PS3 as you can download PS1 games.

brooks83

Lotice-Paladin

Online is better for the 360 as well as it's DD games but I feel the PS3 has better exclusives (I'm not into FPS') overall.

I'd lean to the 360 if you want the better online and DD games.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

BedCommando

Online is a big part of both consoles, and the 360 has the better online service (You get what you paid for, right?). Because both consoles are so heavy on online, considering what your friends have. If most of them have PS3's, go with that, if most have 360, go with that.
As far as downloadable services, the XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) and IGM (Indie Game Marketplace) have a much much bigger and more robust library of games to choose from, both retro and current.
Also take into account exclusives titles, which generally make or break the decision if not buying both.
As someone who owns both, I bought the 360 first because as an FPS guy, it has a better library, both in current-gen titles, and retro for FPS games (Duke Nukem 3D was released onto the XBLA, which already had DOOM), so I went with that.
If you're worried about missing out on certain features for not paying for XBL, the main different between free and Gold account is Gold has access to online multiplayer, and DotWs (Deal of the Week). Just about everything else *Buying online games, DLC, renting movies, downloading demos, etc) is accessible through a free account.
Lastly, one thing that the XBLM shines with is demos. There is a demo for EVERY single XBLA, IGM, and most retail games. Demos are scarce on PSN because Sony has a different system for putting online content on their services.

Bedloggery
Currently playing
Pokemon Black (DS)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (OnLive)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (XBLA)

andyutd97

If your a fan of the media the ps3 is the one for you. I also know that both are accident prone, and the disk drives mess up aswell.

andyutd97

Highwinter

The new 360 models (the slim ones) don't suffer from the red ring problem, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I'd say the 360 has the better library of games and generally, multiplatform games tend to be a lot better on it, XBL and XBLA provide a better service and I much prefer the 360 controller. The PS3 does have much better games coming in the near future but I'd expect Microsoft to announce more of a line up shortly.

Highwinter

theblackdragon

Unfortunately, these 'should i buy system1 or system2' threads tend to go up in flames. For reasons to buy a PS3, ask in the PS3 fan thread. For reasons to buy a 360, ask in the 360 fan thread. You're also more than welcome to check out some of the past locked 'vs.' threads if you'd like to wade through the aftermath of what came before. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.