Forums

Topic: Pinball Discussion (Real Tables, Zen Pinball, Pinball Arcade, etc)

Posts 101 to 120 of 184

RR529

TPA made Victory the free table of the month, so I played it a lot today.

My highest score was a bit over 4 Million, and I even managed to win the race a couple times

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Woohoo! My new high score on Victory (TPA) is over 8 Million!

Oh, and the new table they added this month is No Fear: Extreme Sports (haven't tried it myself, yet).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Freelance

It's good to see someone enjoying pinball. Sadly, No Fear hasn't appeared yet for the Vita, along with everything else in Season 5.
Did you buy any pins yet, or are you still doing trials?

Freelance

RR529

Haven't bought anything yet. Haven't even played any new trials yet, since Victory is the free table of the month, and it's one I like (got a new high score of over 12 Million yesterday).

Actually, right now I'm more focused on saving up, so I can get Hyrule Warriors Legends & Fire Emblem Fates come springtime (if I get a Google Play card for Christmas, like last year, it's going all into TPA for sure, though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Freelance

FS is aiming to get some Season 5 pins out for PS3/Vita before Christmas, so keep your fingers crossed, everyone!

Freelance

mystman12

Went to the arcade today, played Lord of the Rings the whole time. I still didn't manage to destroy the ring, and I feel like I was shooting pretty well, too. I love the challenging settings the machine is set to, though. Makes the game extremely awarding when you know what you're doing, and I love trying to plan out different strategies for the game. I guess I'm pretty lucky to have such a nice LOTR nearby!

Anyways, next time I'll destroy the ring... Next time!..

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

RR529

I was in the mood, so for the first time in awhile I played a new trial in TBA:

Fish Tales - I had a tough time keeping the ball alive the first time around, but I managed to hit the score limit on my second try. Pretty unique theme for a pinball table as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Freelance

TPA has finally released the first 3 Season 5 pins to PS3/Vita! Problem is, they forgot to send the patch too that adds those 3 pins to the game, so even if you buy the pins, you can't play them. I'll get F-14 Tomcat once the patch is out. I hope it's soon. I'd like to play a new pin before Christmas.

Yay the patch came out today

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

RR529

Got a new high score on High Speed last night!

6.6 Million

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

mystman12

Slightly old news now, but Farsight announced that TPA will finally be releasing on Wii U early this year! I probably won't buy a whole lot for it since I have so many tables on mobile already, but they do still owe me a copy of Twilight Zone for Wii U from the kickstarter!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

Tasuki

@mystman12: That's great news for Wii U owners especially if they don't have any of the other platforms that it's on. I won't get it simply cause I have it on PS4 and I am not going to pay again for the same tables again. Now if it came to the 3DS I might consider it so I can have it on the go and not worry about touch screen controlls.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ThePirateCaptain

I recently got myself a PS3 and was interested in getting Thhe Pinball Arcade. I know it's a free download on PC and mobile and you have to buy the tables individually, but the PS version is 10 dollars. My question is what exactly comes with the base $10 purchase. If anyone has an answer I would be very grateful.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Tasuki

@ThePirateCaptain: If it's anything like the 360 version it comes with a couple of tables. I am not sure which ones but they should have a description of it in the PS store.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Freelance

@ThePirateCaptain: Black Hole, Ripley's Believe it or Not!, Theatre of Magic, and Tales of the Arabian Nights. It's odd that the store desc doesn't mention the pins, but you could guess the themes from the screenshots included.

P.S. The movie's great. I have it on DVD.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

mystman12

Stopped by the arcade today and got a new high score on LotR of 49,007,250 points! Still didn't destroy the ring, and it's only a about one million over my old score, but I'll take whatever I can get!

Also, I've finally saved up enough to start looking for a pinball machine! I'm looking for games in the $1500 range. Definitely want a system 11. Diner, Taxi, Whirlwind, Mousin' Around, among others I'll consider. Almost managed to get a Taxi off of craigslist but I was never able to get in proper contact with the seller. Anyways I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled, got a few leads to go on too. I'm really excited, I've wanted my own pin for like, eight years now, can't believe it's finally happening!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

Freelance

Lucky you. I don't have the space and the money to get a pin. I hope you get Radical! That pin is awesome, and I'm HOPING it'd come to TPA one day, but sadly I don't think it will. Not many units were produced and therefore not many people know it exists, and won't suggest it in their forums, and FS usually takes ppl's requests in account. LE SIGH.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

mystman12

Ha, I don't know about Radical, I think that game somehow managed to be too nineties for its own good! Never played it though, definitely looks pretty crazy.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

mystman12

Well, I finally got my first pin, Stargate!
Untitled

Here's a album of pics: http://m.imgur.com/a/SLH7t

It's in really nice shape, albeit a few unresponsive targets and a wonky glidercraft. I've been having a ton of fun with it though, both playing and fixing it! I've already cleaned a crazy sensitive opto and readjusted the right flipper! Soon I'll get a soldering iron and work out the rest of the kinks.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

Freelance

No Radical!? I am disappointed. I've never played Stargate. The only real pins I've played was Sterns' Indy and Batman.

Freelance

mystman12

Really, that's all you've played? You should really try to find a place with some games sometime. Have you checked out the pin map on Pinside? That list is usually kept pretty accurate.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

Sorry, this topic has been locked.