Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Persona 5 for PS3 and PS4

Showing 21 to 40 of 44

AuthorMessage
Ralizah

Ralizah

21. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Do I need to make a seperate thread for Persona Q for 3DS? I really wanna talk about that game with you guys.
Persona 5 for PS3 should be pretty epic. I don't blame Atlus for sticking with PS3. The Japanese crowd loves the PS3 and 3DS.

I don't think you'd need to make a separate thread. The first discussion on these new Persona games was a thread in the 3DS forum. It is still there, last I checked.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
MAN1AC

MAN1AC

22. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yeah, I have no idea why people were expecting it to be on Ps4. That's not how Atlus rolls.

I thought it was really odd when I saw people campaigning for this game was going to be released on the PS4. Persona 4 was released in late 2008, which is 2 years after the PS3 came out.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage
banacheck

banacheck

23. Posted:

Sanquine wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm not surprised it just sucks I don't have a ps3 and the one the 3DS does get is a spinoff.

When Persona 5 arrives at the west a ps3 is just 150 bucks.. Not expense and it got a great library of games. If you love rpg's : Ni no kuni, tales of Xilia :D and Persona 5 are enough reasons to purchase a ps3 IMO

Sorry you forgot Dragons Crown & Demon's Souls, how?

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Ralizah

Ralizah

24. Posted:

I've been trying to avoid buying a PS3, but I just can't resist this. It'll work out in the end, because there are a ton of PS3 exclusives I'd love to play.

Other than The Last Guardian, which I think I've given up hope on at this point, Persona 5 is pretty much THE killer app that was going to determine which playstation I bought and played for the next several years. PS4 might be great and all, but PS3 has Persona!

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Icefreak45

Icefreak45

25. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I've been trying to avoid buying a PS3, but I just can't resist this. It'll work out in the end, because there are a ton of PS3 exclusives I'd love to play.

Other than The Last Guardian, which I think I've given up hope on at this point, Persona 5 is pretty much THE killer app that was going to determine which playstation I bought and played for the next several years. PS4 might be great and all, but PS3 has Persona!

I have the same mentality, which is why I picked up a PS3 bundle yesterday (250gb w/ Last of Us and Batman, such a steal). There was no way I couldn't pick one up after the announcement. Plus it'll be great to experience the gaming library that Song has accumulated over the generation while waiting for the next gen (or current gen now, whatever >_>) consoles to build up their own library.

3DS FC: 2277-6750-5893

AuthorMessage
AutumnShantel

AutumnShantel

26. Posted:

I'm glad it's coming out for the PS3. I'm more likely to buy a PS3 just for Persona 5 than I am to buy a PS4...

AutumnShantel

AuthorMessage
Peach64

Peach64

27. Posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc

I was already really excited about this but it looks incredible! 2015 is shaping up to be an amazing year for games.

Peach64

AuthorMessage
Ralizah

Ralizah

28. Posted:

This game looks incredibly stylish. Also, is that a stealth mechanic I spy where you're zipping from hiding place to hiding place? VERY neat.

My hype is through the roof on this one.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

29. Posted:

Oh god I need this!

...Wolf O'Donnel later crashed his Gundam, and went back to flying Wolfens...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

30. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc

I was already really excited about this but it looks incredible! 2015 is shaping up to be an amazing year for games.

WOW

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

31. Posted:

BTW, @Ralizah, might want to change the title to include the PS4 since it was confirmed for the PS4 months ago...
http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/6/7345411/persona-5-ps4-playst...

...Wolf O'Donnel later crashed his Gundam, and went back to flying Wolfens...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

32. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yeah, I have no idea why people were expecting it to be on Ps4. That's not how Atlus rolls.

Unless Sony gives them the same giant bag of money they've given every gaming company they can find of course!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

33. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yeah, I have no idea why people were expecting it to be on Ps4. That's not how Atlus rolls.

Unless Sony gives them the same giant bag of money they've given every gaming company they can find of course!

I know, I keep forgetting about those bags of money, too...and judging from all the indies, they're just giving them away...maybe I should start a kickstarter so I can start an indie game studio and get in on this. (Obviously I have to make sure our game is coming to every other platform except the PS4, first)

...Wolf O'Donnel later crashed his Gundam, and went back to flying Wolfens...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Ralizah

Ralizah

34. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

BTW, @Ralizah, might want to change the title to include the PS4 since it was confirmed for the PS4 months ago...
http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/6/7345411/persona-5-ps4-playst...

To be honest, I'd forgotten I was the TC!

Title and first post have been altered.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths

35. Posted:

It seems this has been the generation of remasters and moneyhats, tbh.

One of my most anticipated 2015 games for sure and I'm glad I don't have to buy new hardware to play it!

What is this ominous light that threatens to engulf me?!

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

36. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yeah, I have no idea why people were expecting it to be on Ps4. That's not how Atlus rolls.

Unless Sony gives them the same giant bag of money they've given every gaming company they can find of course!

I know, I keep forgetting about those bags of money, too...and judging from all the indies, they're just giving them away...maybe I should start a kickstarter so I can start an indie game studio and get in on this. (Obviously I have to make sure our game is coming to every other platform except the PS4, first)

I'm pretty sure Sony is helping to fund half of the entire industry right now.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Ralizah

Ralizah

37. Posted:

More information from Famitsu (via NicheGamer):

"The protagonist is a second year high schooler who moves to Tokyo during the springtime. Instead of living with relatives, he lives with the friends of his parents in a coffee shop. While the Shibuya district is specifically mentioned, the game will take place across various locales in urban Japan.

The aforementioned ball and chains seen in previous trailers are referenced with the protagonist harboring some kind of problem which, if gone unnoticed, could be a huge problem later on. This is evident in the scene depicted in the trailer with the protagonist trapped in some kind of mental trap, or prison.

Unlike previous games in the series, the trailer confirms that now dungeons are not entirely randomly generated. There are set piece areas that are crafted to showcase the thievery motif shown in the trailers, while also having special things added in. However, this doesn’t mean randomly generated areas are gone completely.

The Social Link option is seemingly making a comeback, despite not being seen in the latest trailer. Famitsu teases that a Social Link-esque system is currently in the works, but that’s as far as they mention.

Finally, we’ve gotten confirmation of the protagonist’s first Persona, dubbed simply Arsène (probably a reference to Arsène Lupin). When characters summon their Personas, they no longer make the “ka!” sound, now they make a “buchi!” sound."

Source: http://nichegamer.net/2015/02/heres-the-first-info-for-person...

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

38. Posted:

This game continues to sound fantastic. Thanks for linking the info, Ralizah.

...Wolf O'Donnel later crashed his Gundam, and went back to flying Wolfens...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths

39. Posted:

Totally down with mix of set pieces and random dungeons. Stealth mechanic is cool. Retaining the base plot premise from previous games is cool. Everything is cool.

I really need a NA release date. Why does Atlus play with my heart?

What is this ominous light that threatens to engulf me?!

AuthorMessage
Blanc

Blanc

40. Posted:

I'll be getting it for the PS3.

I'll kick your ass if you mess with me!

Nintendo Network ID: WayTooCold123 | Twitter: