Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 881 to 900 of 2,134

Ralizah

RE2 is seriously beautiful on my aging PC. I configured my DS4 so that it switches to gyro motion whenever I hold down the left trigger, which works beautifully with the control scheme! Took a few minutes of tooling around, but all of my shots are much more accurate now.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

skywake

Posting purely because the Verge is stupid. Don't want to go into it too much because there's plenty said about it already. But if you believe in fair use give his video a watch and a like:

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

6ch6ris6

Halo Master Chief Collection will come to PC
(steam and microsoft store)

my comment:
DAY ONE !!!

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ralizah

This might be a good opportunity to finally try this series. Still never played a Halo game for any length of time.

CanisWolfred

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Halo Master Chief Collection will come to PC
(steam and microsoft store)

my comment:
DAY ONE !!!

One game at a time!

They had one job. By the time it's all out, I could probably get a used Xbox One for less than the total price, especially since they're monetizing each mode separately, at least with Halo Reach. If nothing else, it'll be more convenient.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

6ch6ris6

@CanisWolfred the monetization of some modes of halo reach is only on xbox one as far as i understood. it's for the people who already have the MCC and now wnat to get halo reach, too. i highly doubt you have to pay for every single mode in the pc version. there will defintly be a proper bundle with all games. i only care about the single player anyway. never had an xbox 360 so the only games i played were halo ce and halo 2

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

CanisWolfred

@6ch6ris6 No, they specifically said:

Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST (Campaign), and Halo 4 will each be available for individual purchase within MCC as they become available.

Source: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/03/12/halo-mcc-coming-to-pc/

They're selling them individually. While it's possible the total price will be within the current $30 the collection retails, I'm not holding my breath, because it's equally possible that they're going to use the collection to obscure the total cost, and charge whatever they feel like, all while using the "ongoing development costs and lack of Xbox Live subscriptions" to justify charging more.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

edhe

@shaneoh

Already added to my wishlist.

I'd been meaning to donate to the developers for years, because this game is a marvel. I hope Dwarf Therapist works with it though.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

shaneoh

@edhe
Yeah I've been meaning to donate too. Time and money.... They'll get less of a chunk than other methods of donation, but every little bit keeps them fed (and healthy too it seems). Some of Toady's stories from his work on the Villain arc are simply amazing. I can't imagine what version 1.00 will be like.

I imagine Dwarf Therapist will work, they're just adding new tile packs, music, and adding mod support. Basically making things slightly easier to get in to.

As a side note, I love how, on the Steam page, the release date is set to "time is subjective."

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

6ch6ris6

with those new graphics i might actually try dwarf fortress for real this time. downloaded the classic version years ago but couldnt get into it. super complex game it seems

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

shaneoh

@6ch6ris6
It's certainly not something you can just pick up and play, but it's not nearly as difficult as people make it out to be. I found the best way to learn Fortress Mode was to learn only a couple of aspects at a time. First I started with how to view dwarves and change dwarf professions. Then it was digging and chopping down trees. Next it was building workshops, farms, walls, stairs and bridges (and how to use them). Afterwards it was learning how to build a waterwheel and have it power a pump. Finally I made a pump stack and brought magma up from the depths. That got me comfortable with fortress construction, after which it's keeping everything running and learning how to run a militia, which is reasonably simple.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

SViper

The games I still play on my PC:
PokéOne
Dragon Ball Online Global
Warcraft III
Borderlands series (1, 2, pre-sequel)
Overwatch
Diablo III
9 Dragons
Pokémon Revolution Online
Left 4 Dead 2 at mgftw.com servers
Youtubers Life
I hope this list will help someone to find what to play.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Ralizah

Ouch. The Outer Worlds and Control were both announced as one-year Epic Store exclusives.

Octane

@Ralizah I'm certain they're just burning through money for the sake of it. Or they just want to destroy Steam for the sake of it. Maybe a combination of both...

I would've thought that the cheaper price for customers and higher revenue for developers would've been enough to get people interested. But apparently they don't think so...

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Sweeney is trying to be competitive in the same Microsoft was last gen: signing deals behind the scenes and locking down a bunch of games as temporary exclusives to their platform.

It's most definitely about undercutting Steam, though, because a lot of these "exclusives" are showing up on the Windows 10 store, Uplay, and Humble Bundle as well.

The idea is to entice developers, because customers will go where the games go. They've also apparently been data mining information related to peoples' Steam usage.

They know they have to take this approach because, in terms of design and features, it's hot garbage compared to Steam.

This is understandably upsetting a lot of PC users, who don't like the console wars-esque exclusivity antics. In my case, I don't want to lose the features that make games uniquely fun to play on Steam.

There is also the problem of games being advertised on Steam and then later being announced as Epic Store exclusives. It'll be interesting to see how developers address the feelings of anger being generated by these exclusivity deals once the games do come to Steam.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah It's unfortunate. Because it doesn't feel like they're trying to improve their storefront, providing a better service than Steam and entice people that way. Instead, they're essentially forcing you to buy on the Epic Store by getting all these exclusive deals.

Octane

6ch6ris6

Octane wrote:

@Ralizah It's unfortunate. Because it doesn't feel like they're trying to improve their storefront, providing a better service than Steam and entice people that way. Instead, they're essentially forcing you to buy on the Epic Store by getting all these exclusive deals.

exactly this and this is why it is a shame that some people are defending epic and saying "oh we need competition". if you want competition then why not support a service that is actually consumer friendly like GOG??? why support epic?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic