Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 821 to 840 of 2,134

darkfenrir

@Octane Oh my god. MICROSOOOOOOOOFT.

Seriously, that really sucks... I want to replay those games again legitly... (There's no place to buy original stuff here when I was small, even CD stores are all selling cracks)

I'll just hope they might relook at this series. Although I guess that's pretty much a 0 hope... sighs.

Thanks for telling though, I really didn't know that.

darkfenrir

noe22

I saw the test of the game Megaquarium, it did not make me want to play it, I am already immersed in my aquarium management aquascaping, then take care of the virtual no thank you ...

Pirate Bay YIFY RARBG

Edited on by noe22

noe22

Heavyarms55

Hey guys, just out of curiosity, if I were to buy a gaming laptop and was willing to spend as much as 1500-2000 dollars on it, what sort of specs should I be looking for and who would be a good company?

I'm talking processor speed, ram, hard drive (solid state or regular HDD?) graphics card/GPU etc...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

darkfenrir

that amount of money and since you are at US, I think you can look at Asus ROG series? Maybe even the newest Zephyrus M GM501...

It got 1070 inside iirc, which is more than good enough.

darkfenrir

LuckyLand

I would like to recommend Super Lucky's Tale to anybody who like platformer games. It was an XBox exclusive at first I think but now you can find it on Steam too. I bought it on Steam and soon it has become one of my favourite 3D platformer games ever.
I mean it is not even close to Super Mario Galaxy of course but I am almost 100% sure that no other platformer will ever be able to get close to that absolute excellence and I have never seen games of other genres do something like that for their own genre either, so it would not be fair to blame Super Lucky Tale for that.
I honestly like it more than Super Mario Odyssey, because imo the level design and the more linear structure of the whole game make it more fun and replayable. It does a better job in going straight to the point of what a platformer game need to be imo. And it is incredibly charming and fun.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Buizel

@Heavyarms55 I bought mine within that range (£1300, ~$1700) about this time last year. It's a Medion Erazer X7853: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16 GB GDDR5 RAM, 1TB HD, 256 GB SSD.

And it's been great. 1080p 60 fps on high/highest settings on almost every game I can think of (and I regularly play 1440p as well). Only thing I would personally look out for is larger SSD and/or HD.

At least 2'8".

6ch6ris6

@Buizel 16GB GDDR5 ram? you mean DDR4, right?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Buizel

@6ch6ris6 The product description says GDDR5...is that maybe a type of DDR4? I'm not entirely in the loop when it comes to RAM tbh.

At least 2'8".

Buizel

To add to what @subpopz said, don't assume it can be upgraded easily. My Medion certainly doesn't seem easy to upgrade, or even open up for that matter.

At least 2'8".

6ch6ris6

@Buizel *G*ddr is for graphics cards. the graphics card has its own seperate ram which is normally faster than the other system ram

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Buizel

@6ch6ris6 thanks... It does appear I have DDR4 RAM!

At least 2'8".

Heavyarms55

@Buizel Good to know, thanks!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Dezzy

Did any PC gamers follow this whole Diablo incident? Just watched those clips of the audience booing the devs. Lol that was brutal.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

6ch6ris6

@Dezzy yeah i downvoted every single diablo immortal video. i never even played diablo, but what activision-blizzard did is just exactly what i hate about modern gaming.

PS: yes i know i have to play diablo some day. i will. i promise

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Dezzy

@6ch6ris6

Yeah I've never played a single Diablo game but I can understand the anger.

For me it would be like if they announced that the Pocket Edition of FFXV was the only version of the game. That would make me angry.

redd214

I find the whole thing pretty childish myself. Just seems like a very immature reaction by some gamers imo. Never played Diablo either so I'm neutral on the franchise as a whole but the way people are acting you would think Blizzard stole their copy of Diablo 3 and ran over their dog lol.

redd214

Dezzy

redd214 wrote:

I find the whole thing pretty childish myself. Just seems like a very immature reaction by some gamers imo. Never played Diablo either so I'm neutral on the franchise as a whole but the way people are acting you would think Blizzard stole their copy of Diablo 3 and ran over their dog lol.

So how do you express extreme dislike of something without it counting as childish/immature/entitled?
These seem to be used almost synonymously whenever there's a strong negative reaction to anything in the games industry.

I'm not sure what the alternative is supposed to be. Are people supposed to never have extremely negative reactions to things? Or are they supposed to just not vocalise it when they do?
The first of those seems impossible because the potential for extreme positivity always makes extreme negativity a possibility. And the second of those seems counterproductive for everyone involved. Developers won't know why their game didn't sell.

Edited on by Dezzy

Freelance

I have no idea what you all are talking about, but if I have an extreme negative reaction to something, I pretty much just keep it to myself. I don't see any reason to tell everyone and everything about it, unless someone asks me specifically. I'd probably tell my closest friends, but in, say, a public forum or social media? Nope.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Dezzy

@Freelance

Like I said, the main reason is so people understand why you didn't buy their product. That way they can at least choose whether to correct that thing in the future.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic