Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 801 to 820 of 2,134

6ch6ris6

i can't really get into fallout 3. the map feels empty, which is nothing spectacular because of the setting. the gameplay isn't fun for me. the fighting is either too easy when you use that pause thing or too difficult when you don't use it. managing inventory and weapons is awful.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

redd214

@6ch6ris6 yeah I agree. Tried my hardest to like Fallout 3 after the reviews and all the buzz. Found it to be woefully boring unfortunately. Just couldn't get into it at all.

redd214

6ch6ris6

it's like the complete opposite of my experience with skyrim. playing skyrim for the first time, i immediately felt home. of course there was a learning curve for all the mechanics and such, but i learned everything super fast. and the game world has so much more to offer. both visually and on a gameplay level. i mean it is one of the best games ever made so i don't need to repeat what has been said a thousand times

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

edhe

I beat Fallout 3 recently. Because its such a big world, I'd reached the level cap well before I'd explored every location.

It was interesting to read the lore - how people reacted to the bombs dropping etc, but it was nothing I couldn't find on the wikia. When I finally finished the game (DLC and all), the last place I checked out was Mama Dolce's - a clandestine Chinese base, and one of the few places where you could see some Chinese remnants, or soldiers who had survived for those hundreds of years after the bombs fell, and who believed the war was still going on.

For me though, the combat became a bit dull - it was exciting when I was taking on Super Mutants with the hunting rifle (and no VATS) at the early-midpoint.

For me, the most interesting aspect of the game was the world building, although I might have appreciated it a bit more if I had visited Washington DC. It probably had a greater impact on Americans seeing the capital desolated.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

6ch6ris6

i will probably buy Rage, Doom 2016 and Wolfenstein New Order this week, because it is my birhtday today and all games are on good sales and have been on my wishlist for quite some time. can't wait to play these visually stunning games on my pc

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

Hunt Showdown can be played for free this weekend on steam. it is in aerly access. it's a western style coop horror shooter with pvp and pve at the same time.
i played it for 8 hours today and love it so far. make sure too have a good pc as this game is not well optimized yet but it looks amazing when you have the right hardware for it. i get 45-60fps with my gtx 1060 on high settings

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ralizah

@6ch6ris6 Wolfenstein: The New Order and DOOM are two of the best shooters ever made. Both are also extremely well-optimized. Before my current PC was built, I was running Wolfenstein at 60fps on a middle-range PC I got around 2011 to play Skyrim.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

6ch6ris6

@Ralizah sadly i will not buy wolfenstein, because it is heavily censored in germany. no swastikas, the protagonist is not protrayed as a jew, hitler has a different name and dialogues are different, too. however there is kind of a new law in germany and the game could actually be released in an uncensored version now IF bethesda decides to release it again. i will buy the game if they will

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

so i am thinking about selling my old pc, but i really don't know how much i could ask for it. i bought the pc in 2014 i think.

AMD FX 4300 Quad Core 3,8GHz
2x8GB RAM 1333MHz
Nvidia GTX 750 2GB VRAM
1TB HDD
DVD drive
Front: 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, Card Reader
Back: 2x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0

what do you think? i live in germany btw so the prices will be probably be different

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

in what chairs do you sit while gaming on pc?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

my 4th post in a row in this thread which kinda fits my topic for this post:

do you know any cool pc gaming forum similair to nintendolife? like where people actually respect each other for the most part and just have some civilized conversations about gaming?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

gcunit

@6ch6ris6 I used to frequent the forums at bit-tech.net once upon a time. Not especially gaming oriented, but there is a gaming sub-forum, and the people there tend to know their stuff about hardware. Though it was getting pretty sparsely populated when I drifted away from it so I don't really know how active it is now.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

misanthrope

@subpopz
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2123?tab=description

there's a mod for Geralt and a mod for animals/monsters.. it really is night and day difference after installing the mods... like you can get a griffon trophy mounted on the horse, and the hair moves so fluid with the mod.. just run in a circle and watch the horse hair, Geralts hair and the griffon hair

But looking through my mod folder, the other mods I would recommend are:

Beatable guards ( not realistic to me that guards would be godlike)
Colored map markers
Fast Travel from Roach

It's been a while since I played the game so it's hard to remember what a lot of the other mods are exactly that I have in here

oh
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/498?tab=description
turn Roach into however you want him to look, excellent mod.

I mostly try to keep the base gameplay the same when I mod, just try to improve graphics or the UI, quality of life types of things... looks like I have some camera mods installed as well. But if you look around on Nexus, you'll see there's no shortage of mods for the game lol.

misanthrope

Octane

I found a cute little game called Megaquarium. It's the Zoo Tycoon sequel we never got.

No, but seriously, it's a good game. It chugs a little, despite its simple graphics, so optimisation isn't the best at the best. But the game does a lot of clever things and is in ways more enjoyable than Zoo Tycoon ever was, and it has more depth than ZT2.

Octane

misanthrope

@subpopz you're welcome.. yea like i said, whenever you finally get to the game that is, equip the griffon trophy and just walk the horse around in a tight circle to demo the mod and take joy in the glory of PC gaming lol

misanthrope

darkfenrir

@Octane It's only aquarium though... T_T/ I still wait for the future of Zoo Tycoon game. (Although putting Megaquarium and Two Point Hospital in my wishlist though, these two look real good)

darkfenrir

Octane

@darkfenrir I know, but that makes it a bit more unique. I wouldn't mind it is those guys used the framework of this game and made their own zoo version of it. Zoo Tycoon itself is a lost cause, Microsoft is doing what they can to erase the original game from existence, and they're pushing their rebooted baby's-first version of Zoo Tycoon.

Octane

darkfenrir

@Octane That's true, hopefully they'll think about it in their future works after megaquarium.

And oh my god Microsoft why Zoo Tycoon is a nice series why do you need to do that...

darkfenrir

Octane

@darkfenrir I don't know. It's weird. When they released the 2013 game, they removed the classic games (1 and 2) from their online store. And since it's Microsoft, those games aren't going to be on Steam or GOG without their permission. They were good games, I wonder why they don't want us to play them.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic