Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 441 to 460 of 2,134

DefHalan

6ch6ris6 wrote:

is it safe to buy codes on ebay? the elder scrolls online would cost over 50€ on the official site or steam. but there are sellers on ebay that sell codes for 20€! how is that even possible??

I would be careful about that. They could have purchased those codes from a different region and then DRM would basically take that game away from you. So you paid for the game but got nothing.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

6ch6ris6

@DefHalan: well the seller is from germany (like me) and the boxart is german too. he says he will open the box and then send the code via mail. the rating of the seller is at 99,7% so it seems pretty legit.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

@Tops: new or old games?
first thing that comes to my mind when someones asks about great PC games is Half Life. it relies more on the amazing atmosphere and gameplay than on story though. you could say the story is told through the atmosphere and environment.
i never played the system shock games but i heared they were groundbreaking and have a very cool story. the first one was just rereleased a few weeks ago. i will get that when the price drops a little further. already purchased system shock 2 but havent played it yet.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

MegaMari0

@Tops If you want storylines and characters try games like the Witcher. Music and story and environments such as Bethesda's Elder Scrolls Series. I have Skyrim and love it, though i haven't played in awhile(music in skyrim is epic). I'm looking to get back into it soon since my kid is now old enough to leave me alone. I'm no expert PC gamer but I game on occasion.(I got back into Diablo 3 but not for the story) I'm into RTS like Supreme Commander. Story is interesting(not amazing). Just my 2 cents.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

6ch6ris6

think i will get elder scrolls online tomorrow. my local gamestop has it for 30€. pretty good deal. i'll let you know how it plays (with an 360 controller)

@Tops like MegaMari0 said, the elder scrools is a great series. morrowind can be hard to play today because the mechanics are kinda archaic by todays standarts. try skyrim. that game will suck you in ! every quest has an interesting storyline.

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

hey is this a good and safe site to get download codes? https://www.g2a.com/

TESO is only 20€ there

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

crazycrazydave

@Tops I can't say anything for the other games you mentioned, but Bastion is totally worth it. A top down isometric action adventure game with a variety of different weapons, an awesome visual style and an interesting narrator. Well worth a look as I really enjoyed it.

As for other PC games, there's so much more, and you don't have to buy them all from Steam. Elder Scrolls games such as Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim are recommended (you can mod them to your liking, unlike console versions). To be honest, there's really too many to list in a single post. You just have to explore and read user and critic reviews and have a look at gameplay videos and see if you like it.

We're going on a bear hunt! We're going to catch a big one!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4881-6959
Super Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/crazycrazydave?type=posted

6ch6ris6

so i finally got the elder scrolls online. bought a retail version as the code on g2a was just 5€ cheaper and i don't like buying codes.

i started the game as an orc and wanna be a tank with a two handed weapon. so far i am kinda disappointed. the combat feels lame. it takes a few levels until you get some useful skills that you can use in battle. the ones i got until now are not very interesting. the game is very open. there is an opening tutorial level which kinda fails as a tutorial IMO but after that you can do whatever you want. too bad the game doesnt tell you what quests are good for you at your current level. maybe i just failed some quest fights cause i statted my character wrong? not sure. i think in the beginning you have to go full stamina to not die again and again.
the quest design is interesting. it is very much like in singleplayer RPGs. you very rarely have the traditional "kill X of Y and bring amount X of Z". the quests all have a little story and you have to do different tasks. not sure if this is good though because i think i prefer more of the old school grinding stuff
i havent had any real interaction with other players yet. but i am playing with my 360 controller so i guess that's a good thing^^ playing the game with a controller works well. you can tell that the game was made with consoles in mind.
i'm level 7 now and i will definetly try to find a cool guilde at level 10. anybody wanna play with me?

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ryu_Niiyama

...So my psu died....before I could even test out my new GPU.... I have to buy a dining table for thanksgiving so I likely won't replace it until the end of the month. My shiny new copy of fallout is just staring at me.... sigh.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

SuperWiiU

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

...So my psu died....before I could even test out my new GPU.... I have to buy a dining table for thanksgiving so I likely won't replace it until the end of the month. My shiny new copy of fallout is just staring at me.... sigh.

Get a cheaper dining table, a PSU isn't very expensive so you don't need to save much.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

gcunit

Sell Fallout and buy a new PSU.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

6ch6ris6

gcunit wrote:

Sell Fallout and buy a new PSU.

a solution that is not a solution

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ryu_Niiyama

@gcunit: Pipboy edition...you will have to pry it from my cold dead hands....

@6ch6ris6 Please keep giving us updates on your ESO experience as I've been on the fence about this game since it came out. I love TES but I hate MMOs ... decisions decisions.

Well I'm RMAing the PSU (W00T 5 year Warranty!) so I can get it replaced but I'll likely order a new one soon since im nearing the end of the warranty for this one anyway.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

6ch6ris6

@Ryu_Niiyama well so far eso has been a singleplayer experience for 99%. i havent talked to anybody nor has anybody tried to talk to me. i had one group invite but thats it.
if you want you can play the game all by yourself. there are dungeons that you can only enter with 3 other players but i havent seen them yet.

the quests have the same quality of storytelling and gameplay like in the normal elder scrolls games.
i think you can go ahead and get the game. ESO is like a singleplayer MMO. if that makes any sense

the more i play it the more i like it

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

SuperWiiU

6ch6ris6 wrote:

@Ryu_Niiyama well so far eso has been a singleplayer experience for 99%. i havent talked to anybody nor has anybody tried to talk to me. i had one group invite but thats it.
if you want you can play the game all by yourself. there are dungeons that you can only enter with 3 other players but i havent seen them yet.

the quests have the same quality of storytelling and gameplay like in the normal elder scrolls games.
i think you can go ahead and get the game. ESO is like a singleplayer MMO. if that makes any sense

the more i play it the more i like it

Then they should've added a singleplayer mode. I really hate forced online for games that can be completed as a singleplayer experience(The Crew/NFS 2015).

edhe

@crazycrazydave
@Tops

Hey! I've recently played and beaten Bastion. I'd recommend it - and certainly at £2.49.

Haven't played Undertale yet, but I'd recommend you get it, because I hear it will soon be illegal to be an internet user and not own a copy. I understand it's funny, yet quite deep.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ryu_Niiyama

SuperWiiU wrote:

Then they should've added a singleplayer mode. I really hate forced online for games that can be completed as a singleplayer experience(The Crew/NFS 2015).

I would say the fact that they are using all of Tamriel is why they had to go MMO ....if that had been a normal bethesda game it would take 10 years to be playable...bugs! Bugs everywhere!!!

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

6ch6ris6

ESO diary:
so yesterday i finally had some real mmo gameplay!
i met someone during a quest and invited him in to a group and then we did the quest together. after that we chatted a bit and decided to play some more together and add each other as friends. later we wanted to do a group dungeon together. the monster in there were level 16 and we were 10 and 11. so we died very quickly. then he took the lead of the group and enabled the search function so we could get 2 more players to the group and stand a chance in the dungeon. one of the new players coming to the group was level 4 veteran. the game automatically adjusted our stats to the highest player in our group. so while we were still level 10 and 11 our stats were way higher and now we were kinda equaly as strong as the other play. then we played the dungeon and succeeded. it was awesome! got some cool loot from the boss, too.

im liking this game more and more

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

ESO diary:
my main character is now lvl 30 and i am currently questing in the Alik'r desert. beautiful place! i have entered a few trade guildes. that is the only way to sell something to a broader audience of other players. the system could be better but im okay with it.

i will start a new exploration-only based character in the next days. there is an attribute you can add to armor that let's you get 6%more exp for every equipped piece of armor for exploring places and such. i will not do any combat with that character. i will just explore, harvest ressources, make new gear with that and eventually steal a few things here and there

i really like this game. been playing way too much

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

there is a huge steam sale going on until the first of december. so many games are on sale. many with 75% discount.

so many games form my wishlist are on sale, but i am way too busy with the elder scrolls online right now. and my backlog is filled with enough games to play for 2 years or so. AND just cause 3 is coming out in a few days, which i will probably wont get because of ESO

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic