6ch6ris6 wrote:

where is the PC gaming show? i cant find it anywhere :/

PC Gamer was the company, i so look there

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

6ch6ris6

@Faruko okay i found it but it seems there havent been any big announcements. HL³ still doesnt exist

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Chris720

I thought the PC Gaming Show was a bit naff to be honest, there wasn't that same kind of feeling to it that I got from Bethesda, Ubisoft and heck even EA. And while I mention Bethesda, let's just say I strongly believe they won E3 hands down, that was the best conference this year. Doom, Fallout 4, Fallout Shelter, ESO Expansion, ES Legends and uhh... Battle Fortress, I mean Team Cry, no wait... Battle Cry isn't it.

It's a good time to be a gamer again, this E3 was definitely the better one in quite a few years.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Faruko

I liked a lot more than the normal E3 conference, the talking show style with the much more relaxed enviroment and Sean (Day9) as the host was pretty good, it felt a lot more intimate and personal with each and every developer, no more those stiff shoulders and nervous jokes. Dont get me wrong, i like those big E3 conference but this was different and while it didnt had that "WOW" factor it was much more enjoyable for me.

its the first time and i thought it was a success.

Hoping for it to get better each time.

rallydefault

I really liked it. I liked the more laid-back, "conversation" style it had as opposed to the stiff, awkward, cars-coming-down-from-the-ceiling stiltedness of the console makers' shows. It was the first year with a PC-centric "show," so cut them a bit of slack as they figure things out.

I think it's great they had one, because "PC gaming" is really at a crossroads: Some argue that gaming really began on PC if you truly think about it, and games are still developed ON PCs, you know? BUT, consoles and mobile are putting more pressure on things being nice and "boxed" - as people become more and more accustomed to the pre-packaged items consoles and smart phones offer, true PC gaming (tweaking your rig, hosting your own servers, etc.) runs the risk of becoming very niche. So it was very nice for the PC community to get a couple hours of the spotlight, even just to bring awareness.

rallydefault

Faruko

To be fair, PC is indeed on the rise, last year PC revenue (even though i skwered towards MMO/MOBA) were higher than PCs, and so will this year...

But i get your point and just like consoles, AMD/Intel/Nvidia will have to come up with newer tech to answer to this shift IMO, whatever that means.

Edited on by Faruko

Faruko

I wont recommend you getting prebuild PCs, and even less from CyberPower.

Even if you dont know its better to get the parts separately and pay someone to build it for you, a lot cheaper also.

dumedum

Faruko wrote:

Even if you dont know its better to get the parts separately and pay someone to build it for you, a lot cheaper also.

Who would that someone be? Will it really be a lot cheaper?

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Faruko

dumedum wrote:

Faruko wrote:

Who would that someone be? Will it really be a lot cheaper?

Its cheaper and it let you choose your kind of gaming you want, i mean some stores here charge about $30 to build your PC (assemble the pieces). Imean, you could get a built PC but it would be something extra and CyberPower isnt exactly the best company to do so

And for the record, if you really want to get into PC Gaming, make a steam account and start buying some games lol, there are Steam sales going and, for example, Fallout 3 and NV with DLC for 6 dollars each, RE games with 66-70% disscount (6 for 7 dollars, 4 for 6, all pack for 20)

Edited on by Faruko

Faruko

Give this Reddit wiki a look, it has many Gaming builds with price and where to buy the parts from micro PC to Full HD 4k/114FPS Gaming

It even has a description for each build to know more or less what you will be getting

And the FAQ at the end its amazing to see why should you build your own PC and not build prebuilt ones

http://www.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds

Edited on by Faruko

6ch6ris6

lol i need a new monitor. it seems that mgs ground zeroes can not be displayed in 4:3 ratio.
but hey at least it runs in HD with max settings and constant 60fps. glorious FOX engine!

looking at that reddit list, my PC is somehwere around the "Next gen crusher"
3,8ghz quad core
1x8gb RAM
GeForce GTX 750 (2gb VRAM)

but i ordered mine online for 450€ i think

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Faruko

6ch6ris6 wrote:

lol i need a new monitor. it seems that mgs ground zeroes can not be displayed in 4:3 ratio.
but hey at least it runs in HD with max settings and constant 60fps. glorious FOX engine!

looking at that reddit list, my PC is somehwere around the "Next gen crusher"
3,8ghz quad core
1x8gb RAM
GeForce GTX 750 (2gb VRAM)

but i ordered mine online for 450€ i think

For your GPU get a 1080p screen but play at 900p for best result, you might want to use MSI Afterburner too, sometimes a game is too demanding for it to mantain a real stable frame rate and putting a 30fps cap with everything on Ultra its worth it (which is way above what the ps4/xb1 can do, most games are about medium settings of their PC counterpart, and sometimes, even less)

Edited on by Faruko

dumedum

Thanks. Not sure about that website. It seems confusing. They say that i7 is not important but when you look at what Arkham Knight specs recommend they say i7. It seems like I can spend months researching this. Prebuild is better for me I think if I decide to go that way.

Faruko

No game actually needs an i7, in fact, an i7 its the same as an i5 except for hyperthreading, which doesnt matter in gaming.

But good, gives us your budget because the problem with prebuilt PC is that they tend to go cheap on the most important part of a gaming PC, the GPU, maybe i can find you a good prebuilt PC

For example i just played the Witcher 3, i dont have an i7 (i have an i5 3450) and it played without problems on 1080p, i put it a cap at 30fps because i didnt like the jumps between 40-55 or so.

Edited on by Faruko

rallydefault

i7 versus i5 matter A LOT if you get deep into overclocking, but otherwise, the difference doesn't mean much for most people.

rallydefault

dumedum

@Faruko - if I buy one, I could probably spend up to $1,200 considering a monitor won't cost too much.

Faruko

@dumedum
This one cost $1100, its a beast its CPU will handle everything you throw at (yes, even if its an i5) and the GPU its just a tier below the 980/Titan fromNvidia, pretty much the best right now without breaking the bank, should last you the entire generation if not more with games running at Ultra/1080p/60fps, it comes with Windows 8.1 (upgraded to 10), headphones, keyboard, mouse and even some free games, pretty much connect and play

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z97-Core-i5-Configurator...

and this is the AMD CPU version if you want one of them http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Special-C

Just for the record, my GPU its about half its power (270x) and it can run pretty much every game Maxed out with a 30fps cap no problem, 60fps if i reduce details to Medium/High, and by the way, the 270x its more powerful than the PS4/XB1 GPU, so imagine what the 390 can do.

If you ever call them ask what does "PSU standard means", because never go cheap on it, its like the heart of the PC and if you want you could even change a few of the stuff to reduce price a little bit or add a GTX970 for $30 more.

The card you are getting its even for 2k+ gaming, at 1080p its a beast.

Like i said you could save some bucks if you build it yourself, but iBuyPower its a pretty good company and its not that expensive.

Edited on by Faruko

rallydefault

@dumedum

Exactly what @Faruko said about the PSU. I spent the extra money when I built my rig a few years ago and got a 750W PSU, and boy has that come in handy! I just upgraded my GPU and wouldn't have been able to if I didn't have 750W (some people even go higher, especially if you're going to hook up multiple graphics cards).

But be careful, the language of "PSU standard" makes me think you're only looking at a 500W or, gasp, maybe even only a 250W PSU... which would not be good if you want to use it for gaming (most people would laugh at you, though there are some graphics cards that could use a 250W). It's kind of like using a laptop for PC gaming... technically, yes, it "can" work, but it's not good.

rallydefault

Azooooz

I'm on fence whether to choose AMD or Nvidia graphics card for my first ever PC build. I'm looking for a power efficient GPU that's able to do 1080p at 60FPS maxed details and able to run high details at 1440P in the future, not to mention, good game optimizations and long term driver support. Can you help me choose one? So far my choices are:

GTX 970: Yes, I know people will say that it's a 3.5GB + 0.5GB card, but from what I have read, it's a good price/performance card.
GTX 980: A bit overpriced, but I'll try to find better deals either online or at local retails.
AMD Radeon Fury Nano: a 4K powerhouse in a small form factor. If only I have the patient to wait for the card to be released.

If you have other suggestions, please share. Many thanks

Budget for GPU $200-$400.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic