Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 261 to 280 of 2,134

crazycrazydave

Yeah, I use a wired 360 controller on my T100 (which can sit upright). And while I could buy the grip and use it on that, I was hoping for something that could accommodate a smaller tablet.

We're going on a bear hunt! We're going to catch a big one!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4881-6959
Super Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/crazycrazydave?type=posted

Neoproteus

crazycrazydave wrote:

Yeah, I use a wired 360 controller on my T100 (which can sit upright). And while I could buy the grip and use it on that, I was hoping for something that could accommodate a smaller tablet.

Sounds like you're waiting for this thing:
http://kotaku.com/meet-steamboy-the-portable-steam-machine-15...
Though I wouldn't consider a device like that to be suitable for PC gaming really... we've still got a good decade before mobile technology catches up THAT far...

Neoproteus

crazycrazydave

Neoproteus wrote:

crazycrazydave wrote:

Sounds like you're waiting for this thing:
http://kotaku.com/meet-steamboy-the-portable-steam-machine-15...
Though I wouldn't consider a device like that to be suitable for PC gaming really... we've still got a good decade before mobile technology catches up THAT far...

@Neoproteus You'd be suprised at what some of these tablets can do. I can play Counter Strike Source at decent framerates (low settings) on my T100. I imagine a device like that being made within the next 5 years at a decent price.

I don't expect it to replace my gaming PC, I just want a neat little device that can play all my indie and retro PC games and take it on the go. The T100 is quite small but it's still not small enough, and requires a controller or a mouse.

Edited on by crazycrazydave

We're going on a bear hunt! We're going to catch a big one!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4881-6959
Super Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/crazycrazydave?type=posted

Chris720

Right guys, explain this to me:

Untitled

This is on GTAV, now, can someone explain to me why the water is doing this? I haven't changed my settings and they're all within the GPU limit, so... what gives?

EDIT: No idea why it's upside down, I hate you photobucket...

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

To me it looks like you left the flash on your camera on. I suggest looking for people who had a similar problem on the GTAV/steam forums.

Ryu_Niiyama

I know i said that I wouldn't game on my surface pro..but I'm slightly tempted to have oblivion on the go I know skyrim would look fugly so I won't bother. Also I'm going to have to build a new machine for my RTS games... playing Age of Empires on my TV is killing my eyes. This is why I have no money.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

rallydefault

I really should be in the market for a new GPU when the next wave hits. I'm good on RAM, and my processor/mobo/ps should be fine for awhile yet. But I'll be looking to invest in a fairly higher-end GPU to ensure a few more good years before a totally new build.

rallydefault

Chris720

SuperWiiU wrote:

To me it looks like you left the flash on your camera on. I suggest looking for people who had a similar problem on the GTAV/steam forums.

Wish it was. After restarting the game it seems to have disappeared, still don't know why it happened. Just like multiple colours glowing on the water surface... really weird looking. :/

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Pkmns

rallydefault wrote:

I really should be in the market for a new GPU when the next wave hits. I'm good on RAM, and my processor/mobo/ps should be fine for awhile yet. But I'll be looking to invest in a fairly higher-end GPU to ensure a few more good years before a totally new build.

I'm in the same situation, I'm getting a new GPU sometime next year. I'm not sure my current one is able to run The Witcher 3 and Mankind Divided (the only two next-gen games I'm interested in at the moment) decently.

Pkmns

Socar

I never got myself exposed into AAA games a lot and the only ones that I can remember that I played AAA games are Return to Castle Wolfenstein and that's about it. Don't know if either Duke Nukem, Descent or Unreal Tournament counts.

I guess as a game designer I have to expose myself into the AAA games but I honestly feel like not every dev will be able to make huge budget games. My biggest issue with these games is that you need a powerful PC/laptop inorder to even get the best out of them. My laptop had a hard time running Valkyria Chronicles proper smooth and it turns out that no matter what I do, it runs sometimes smooth and sometimes it doesn't even though steam says that it requires 2GB min.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

so i wanted to buy flatout and flatout ultimate carnage on steam (80% off last few days), but the controller support is terrible. i can not properly use the menu with my 360controller. i have to use the keyboard. really stupid. guess i will get flatout again for my old xbox and maybe flatout 2 later, although the demo for the second game is kinda meh compared to the first game.
controller support is really important for me^^ i wanna lean back when i play my games!

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

nacho_chicken

6ch6ris6 wrote:

so i wanted to buy flatout and flatout ultimate carnage on steam (80% off last few days), but the controller support is terrible. i can not properly use the menu with my 360controller. i have to use the keyboard. really stupid. guess i will get flatout again for my old xbox and maybe flatout 2 later, although the demo for the second game is kinda meh compared to the first game.
controller support is really important for me^^ i wanna lean back when i play my games!

There's always xpadder and GlovePIE for those one-off games that won't support gamepads.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

6ch6ris6

@nano-chicken xpadder looks good but it does cost money. arent there free alternatives?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

unrandomsam

6ch6ris6 wrote:

@nano-chicken xpadder looks good but it does cost money. arent there free alternatives?

There is one called joy2key but the free version is quite hard to find these days.

http://149.255.108.232/joy2key_freeware.zip (No guarantees the link will be kept alive forever).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

SomeBitTripFan

@6ch6ris6: Don't forget about GlovePIE. It's free and you can use it for Wiimotes and such.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

nacho_chicken

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

@6ch6ris6: Don't forget about GlovePIE. It's free and you can use it for Wiimotes and such.

I use GlovePIE, personally. It works for virtually every single input you could possible imagine. Whether you have a Wiimote (Classic Controller is supported), 360 Gamepad, or Dualshock, it'll work with GlovePIE. Once you learn the ins and outs of the program, you'll love it. It's simple, and does what it's supposed to.

If a little coding doesn't scare you off (as in, very little), it's the best. When I say "code", I mean very simple, proprietary stuff like "Keyboard.Z = Wiimote.Classic.A".

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

FarukoSH

Witcher 3 looks way too good on Ultra on PC, holy moly it runs and looks awesome

Edited on by FarukoSH

3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473 // Games: RE: Revelations, MK7, Kid Icarus: U, MGS3D, SM3DLand, EO4, Donkey Kong CR3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, Castlevania: LoS MoF, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Monster Hunter 3U and Pokemon Y
Steam: Farukool
PM me if you add

3DS Friend Code: 4640-0256-4473

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp it is time for a new graphics card. I have finally added enough texture mods to skyrim that my card doesn't have the vram to run it. Will install the Witcher 3 this weekend. Does it matter that I never finished the other two?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic