Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 1,001 to 1,010 of 1,010

Tasuki

So in a few weeks here I will be looking to get a laptop, nothing to fancy but I would like to be able to play games on it like World of Warcraft. My budget is no more then $500. Any suggestions?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

skywake

Have redeemed my 3 months of free XBox Game Pass with my Ryzen CPU. Currently downloading Bro Force and Forza Horizon 4. If anyone has any suggestions on what else I should give a spin during the free trial I'm open to suggestions.

@Tasuki
For lighter games like WoW really anything will do. Just make sure that you have a decent SSD rather than going with a HDD because these days HDDs don't make any sense. Also avoid the really, really cheap and nasty laptops with 32GB of Flash.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Magician

So if you like crpg games (Wasteland 2, Planescape, etc) then keep an eye on Disco Elysium. Early impressions are that it's one of those generational great games. Since I'm not a PC gamer, I'll spend the days waiting for the inevitable console port. I'd like a Switch port, but chances are this'll be a PS5 or Xbox Scarlett console port. The game is gorgeous.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 457 games (as of November 9th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Criminal Girls (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

edhe

Crusader Kings 2 is now free to play on steam. The DLC is also discounted 50% across the board for a short time, although the whole lot still amounts to over £100, so I'd advise you to be selective as to which DLCs are worth buying. "Charlemagne" allows you to start in the year 769AD, as opposed to 1066 in the base game, and 867AD in "Old Gods" (which allows you to play as pagan rulers), "Sword of Islam", "Rajas of India" and "The Republic" allow you to play as Muslim rulers, Indian rulers and republics respectively, and various other expansions add various other mechanics like relics and secret societies.
I'd certainly recommend it. Certainly now that DLC production should be winding down a bit.

In related news, Crusader Kings III has recently been announced. I'm not too eager to buy it, with the investment I've made into the previous one, but I'd be interested in checking out some gameplay when it's closer to release.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

redd214

Death Stranding coming to pc in 2020!

redd214

Vinny

One of my PC gaming highlights this year was Katana Zero. Great indie title. Has that Hotline Miami feel.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

BruceCM

What would I need in a PC for serious gaming, please? I had a laptop years ago but that certainly wouldn't have run much
So, I've no idea what sort of specs I'd need to be able to play seriously....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Link-Hero

I got a new PC over a month ago and have been meaning to take a few screenshots to show off my build.

All these images were made by me.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic