Forums

Topic: Overrated Xbox 360 games

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

Chrono_Cross

Microsoft's insanely popular Xbox 360 console is home to a variety of games within it's library. And by that I mean about 50% of them are in first person. The rest? Well... ...moving on now. This topic is where everyone can name and complain about all the overrated games on the 360. Let me start off by saying a few games I just hate.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2- This game is just awful compared to the hype it gets even to this day. It's good in all but not great.

Bioshock- Yeah a good FPS. Under water. With a boring story. Bland characters. No memorable events take place throughout the entire game besides the credits because that was the best part. And all that junk. Go play Metroid Prime 1 then play that and you'll see a difference in the fun factor.

Halo 3/Reach- Get out.

Gears of War- Worse than Halo. I hate this game. The combat is terrible, the storyline makes me punch myself in the face and the main character well, lets just say I can name about 100 better protagonists than him. He is very forgettable. The guns don't kill ****, graphics look like cement and puke EVERYWHERE, online sucks with little kids and punk teenagers cussing. It's ridiculous. /end of rant

Edited on by theblackdragon

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Ravage

-Call of Duty MW2: It has Call of Duty its name, what do you expect?

-Bioshock: Amazing game. Absolutely amazing story concept and atmosphere. The gameplay is hard to compare to Metroid Prime, I don`t really see the comparison, unless you are just talking about which you found more fun.

-Halo: No you.

-Gears of War: I haven`t played this game much, but the multiplayer could be really fun.

Also, two of the, arguably, best games of 2010 on the 360 were Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption; neither of which are first person...

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

SkullMan

I agree with everything you said EXCEPT Bioshock.

Bioshock is a masterpiece, and no memorable events and characters with no story? The characters were very memorable, the story was awesome, and no memorable events?

We must not have played the same game here, because everything you listed this game has and more to spare. It not only oozes with style but has great characters in a driving narrative, and certainly has some great events that I remember even 2 years after the fact.

The sequel is also quite genius.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Dezner

MW2 and BioShock are on the PS3 too, that's not fair.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

MasterGraveheart

Mass Effect 2. It's an overrated PS3 game too. As is Red Dead Redemption. Even though that one is arguably better than the GTA games... by and large.

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

SkullMan

Ravage wrote:

-Bioshock: Amazing game. Absolutely amazing story concept and atmosphere. The gameplay is hard to compare to Metroid Prime, I don`t really see the comparison, unless you are just talking about which you found more fun.

I concur Ravage...I'm not sure he knows what he is talking about. Comparing Metroid Prime a first person adventure game now almost 9 years old, that focused on exploration and solitude. To BioShock, which quite arguably has been one of the best games this console gen.

MasterGraveheart wrote:

Mass Effect 2. It's an overrated PS3 game too. As is Red Dead Redemption. Even though that one is arguably better than the GTA games... by and large.

ME2 is overrated as is RDR, I was bored by both. But no, man just no. GTA 4 any day over RDR.

Edited on by SkullMan

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Ravage

I agree that Mass Effect 2 is largely overrated, but that doesn`t stop it from being extremely popular and highly rated. Red Dead Redemption is game of the year for me, not even a nostalgic romp through Donkey Kong could stop that, but to each his own.
Oh, the point was just that there are more than first person shooter games, as implied in the first post...

Edited on by Ravage

SwerdMurd

I'd agree with COD MW 2 and Gears of War pretty wholeheartedly...haven't found a lot to love about either game or series.... Gears in general is just an awful exercise in stay-in-cover-forever...makes Uncharted combat seem like a light-gun game. Multi's not bad but nothing too remarkable...

Halo...less so. I've had a lot of fun with Halo (specifically the first in the series) but I feel it grew stale 2 entries ago...and they did kinda the same thing Call of Duty's been doing in that they just sorta give the series a Madden-esque facelift every year and charge new-game price...granted it's not quite the same as Madden but I think the parallel stands to a degree...All 3 Xbox 360 Halo games, while I like the art-style, are pretty rough-looking considering the sea of better looking titles on the same hardware.

I have yet to play Mass Effect 2 but I have a lot of gaming friends--a specific group in which I have great faith, and they were all blown away by Mass Effect 2. Again--gotta reserve judgment til I play it officially...but I'm really, really excited (I just need a computer that can handle it...)

Bioshock was awesome. One of my favorite FPS sub-genre fusion experiences...the RPG elements were great, the atmosphere rocked, and I loved the sense of exploration. I'd have to agree that it has no business being compared to Metroid Prime...MP was a great game but shares almost nothing aside from perspective. Battling in Metroid Prime (pre-Wii-controller version) was such a sleeper save for a few boss encounters. But yeah--can't agree with Bioshock at all--I had a great experience with it and I'm actually playing it again on the hardest difficulty. It coulda been longer I guess...but a substantial portion of Metroid Prime was aimless hallway wandering for the third time anyway.

And yeah--2 of the 4 listed are multiplatform

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

LordJumpMad

Tasuki wrote:

Halo
Halo 2
Anything with Halo.

Pretty much.
it all what I see people play all day.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

Ravage wrote:

-Halo: No you.

My pleasure. I'd rather sit out in the cold by my self than endure another match of that franchise.

Roopa132 wrote:

I see a lock soon.
Before the lock I'd just like to say:

• stop flaming
  • half of the games you listed are multiplatform
  • BioShock is a critically acclaimed game and has many fans

There's a difference between flaming and voicing an opinion. That's just it though. They're on 360. And most of those games I said that are multiplatform are preferably noticed on the 360 prior to the other consoles. And on the Bioshock thing uh... your point? It's my opinion friend.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Ravage

There is a difference between voicing an opinion and noticeably writing flame-bait

We`ve also had about 50 other underrated games threads, we don`t really need another...

Edited on by Ravage

HolyMackerel

ALL OF THEM.

Just kidding. Gears of War was a bore-fest travesty when I tried it though.

Halo and Halo 2 are not overrated however. They are genuinely good games. They're also not Xbox 360 games so they shouldn't even be mentioned here. Halo 3 on the other hand...

HolyMackerel

Philip_J_Reed

Ravage wrote:

There is a difference between voicing an opinion and noticeably writing flame-bait

Correct.

Feel free to start a less dismissive topic at your leisure, OP. Thanks.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.