Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 9,981 to 10,000 of 10,099

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

I'm thinking about getting Castlevania: Symphony of the Night while it's on sale. Would anyone recomend it? How well has it aged?

It's only one of the best games in existance. Why do you not have it already?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I'm thinking about getting Castlevania: Symphony of the Night while it's on sale. Would anyone recomend it? How well has it aged?

It's only one of the best games in existance. Why do you not have it already?

I think I'll get it then. Wasn't expecting that positive of a reaction. Now I'm looking forward to it. (Whenever I get around to it that is...)

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

I don't know if you've played any other Metroidvanias, but they don't really deviate from the formula that SotN hit just right the first time. In fact, I still think SotN is the best of the Metroidvanias, if only because it's the most like Metroid, with most of the equipment you'd need being scattered around the environment, and even Health/Heart/MP? upgrades are scattered throughout the overworld, reducing the need for grindiing. Some of the weapons has secret moves you can pull off, too. In fact, the game is just brimming with personality and little touches that puts it a cut above the rest. I'm really surprised there's anybody left who needs to take the time to consider whether or not to get it, especially when its on sale. It's an absolute must for any action-adventure fan.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Jaz007

So I started playing Castlevania: SotN. It's a pretty good game so far, I quite like it. The graphics have well due to the art style, the animations go a long way to making you feel like a descendant of Dracula, the combat feels good, and so far (even though I've only played it a bit) the difficulty seems to be quite fair and manageable.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

So I started playing Castlevania: SotN. It's a pretty good game so far, I quite like it. The graphics have well due to the art style, the animations go a long way to making you feel like a descendant of Dracula, the combat feels good, and so far (even though I've only played it a bit) the difficulty seems to be quite fair and manageable.

It only gets better.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Fafnirchaos07

My favorite game on the ps3 was Burnout paradise had over 400 hours on that game. my next favorite was WKC till it went down, and also Soldner x 2 final prototype.. I kinda miss my ps3 but those trophies drove me nuts (spent money on games i had no interest in, just to get a higher lvl then my friends) can't do that anymore(cost way too much)

Fafnirchaos07

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3764-6565

Jaz007

I just played a bit of Lone Survivor. It's really good so far. It is a scary game. I still feel a bit creeped out. Excellent atmosphere, music, story so far. I don't have much experience with the horror genere either, so this probably get me nice and good.

Jaz007

RR529

Found all my old PS1 games earlier today, so I used the PS3's backwards compatibility feature to get re-acquainted with some of them. Gex 3 has aged terribly, but Contra: Legacy of War was still good fun, if a bit clunky.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

CanisWolfred
Okay, pretty psyched for Yakuza 5 now. I mean, I was excited before, but in a "This will be nice to play at some point when I finish the 3rd and 4th games in the series."

Now it's a "I gotta rush through the 3rd and 4th games to prepare for this!" kinda game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Jaz007

I got The Awakened Fate Ultimatum yesterday. I'm loving it. The story and characters are great. It's really mature (not M rated gore and cussing mature, but actually mature) with some of it's themes. It has a lot of realities of war and the fact everything will not always be alright present a lot. There are some touch choices too. Not good or evil, but to try and save everyone at a high risk to everyone involved, or save less people and probably succeed. It's not clear cut which is the right choice, one time I made a decision leaning on the former, and I wished I hadn't. I've also felt kid of emotional at times too playing it. The gameplay isn't anything to wright home about, but it's still above average. The story dominates anyway though. I don't it takes up more than a third of the game, and that's a good thing as you play the game for the story. It's only $40 too, definitely get it if you're interested.

Jaz007

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ironically I keep hearing the opposite, but those are usually fans of Guided Fate Paradox...

I never played that one, but I doubt I would like it as much from what I know of it. Maybe that one had the gameplay take up more than a third of the game at most?

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Yes. In fact, the biggest complaint with AFU is that it doesn't have enough gameplay. Considering Rogue-likes are supposed to be quicker and easier to play than your usual RPG, I feel that's a very legitimate complaint. It just misses the point of the genre to make it so story-focused...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Jaz007

I beat the Awakened Fate Ultimatum. It was an amazing game. Gameplay was still nothing to write home about, but the story was amazing and very impactful. A lot of the choices had a lot of weight to them. (First spoiler doesn't say anything, but sort of implies, second is a full-on spoiler.)
I cried so much at the end of the game. By the time it was over, my eyes were too dried for actual tears to come out.

I had to choose between which of the too girls to save. I chose Ariael, then Jupiel died, and I had to kill her because she turned into a monster. I was crying during that whole thing pretty much. Man, the game is harsh. The war goes just goes on afterwards. There's no real resolution. True to life I suppose. You can't save everyone, and there isn't always a right decision to make.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

DefHalan

I only found two things I wanted but I never play my PS3 (my wife got it to play a certain game with her friend and she bought it for pretty cheap) so I decided it wasn't worth it to buy the few games I wanted

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jaz007

DefHalan wrote:

I only found two things I wanted but I never play my PS3 (my wife got it to play a certain game with her friend and she bought it for pretty cheap) so I decided it wasn't worth it to buy the few games I wanted

Then why not use it? Is it boxed away or something?

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

DefHalan

Jaz007 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Then why not use it? Is it boxed away or something?

I am busy trying to catch up on my Wii U, 3DS, PC, and Android games. I don't really have time to play the PS3. I would probably make time for games like Uncharted and Last of Us but I don't own them, so only my wife plays the PS3. And no, it isn't in a box, it is hooked up for when my wife wants to play which is probably once or twice a month.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic