Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 9,901 to 9,907 of 9,907

gcunit

@Xyphon22 I don't know if it's normal or not, but I wouldn't have thought it is. Doesn't sound ideal. What model did you get?

I have the slim 320gb and it's never done what you've described, though I've probably only played about 20 hours in total on it since having it (bought used last year) and I've not played Journey on it yet.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Xyphon22

@gcunit I got an original model 60 GB, so I''m sure that it doesn't have all the technology and stuff to run cooler that the newer versions do, but that still seems a little excessive for it to happen that quickly.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

gcunit

@Xyphon22 Did you buy it used? I assume so after all this time. If you've still got any right of return from where you bought it I'd get testing it with some other games asap and return it if symptoms persist.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Xyphon22

Yeah I got it at Gamestop and it's already past the seven day period (unless there is a longer one for systems as opposed to games, but I doubt it). I only had to spend $35 on it, so it's not a huge loss if something bad happens, but I was looking forward to finally playing non-Nintendo games like Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect, which I am assuming will definitely require longer playtimes than 5 minutes at a time to get anywhere.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Tasuki

@Xyphon22 The original models were notorious for overheating alot, it's one of the reason they removed PS 2 backwards compatibility IIRC.

That said not quite sure what to do. Maybe try putting a fan on it while you play it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Vinny

The PS3 is one console I intend to buy in the future. Great library plus many HD collections of games I missed on previous consoles.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.