Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Showing 9,781 to 9,800 of 10,222

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,781. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Still Binary Domain is better than both so its a pretty moot point.

What...what have you done?! You've shattered the very fabric of time and space with the sheer, mind-bending audicity of your claim! You've doomed us all!! Doomed us, I say!!! DOOOOOOOOOO- okay I'm done.

But seriously, I never thought I'd hear anyone say that. :P

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

9,782. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Vanquished is like a Fast-Paced Gears of War that gets right everything that Gears of War did wrong, namely by actually being fun for more than 5 minutes.

while this is probably completely true, it's still similar enough to Gears of War that I liked it way less than I probably would have otherwise. "HEY YOU KNOW WHAT A FAST ARCADEY SHOOTER NEEDS? COVERSHOOTCOVERSHOOTCOVERSHOOTCOVERSHOOT"

Cover based gameplay is one of the worst things about last generation. Or this generation. Whatever floats your boat.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

9,783. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Vanquished is like a Fast-Paced Gears of War that gets right everything that Gears of War did wrong, namely by actually being fun for more than 5 minutes.

while this is probably completely true, it's still similar enough to Gears of War that I liked it way less than I probably would have otherwise. "HEY YOU KNOW WHAT A FAST ARCADEY SHOOTER NEEDS? COVERSHOOTCOVERSHOOTCOVERSHOOTCOVERSHOOT"

Cover based gameplay is one of the worst things about last generation. Or this generation. Whatever floats your boat.

Agreed. I mean I kinda get why people like Gears of War, but my god the cover shooter. And it's always overdone and done to waste your time and ugh. Forget the FPS, at least we get some cool stuff like Borderlands and Bioshock and Crysis or whatever, this is what's hurting the quality of modern gaming, if anything.

The only example I can think of that I liked would be Mass Effect 2, and even then that's probably only because of how much I loved everything else about Mass Effect 2 and how much I didn't like the combat in 1.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

9,784. Posted:

Splat wrote:

Anyone played Vanquish? It's going to be on PS+ tomorrow in the US. I know very little about it.

It's awesome! ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Fuzzy

9,785. Posted:

Back. Now for Ni No Kuni.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

9,786. Posted:

I really want to like Uncharted 3, but it's just so difficult to. I adore the humor, the graphical achievement and the wonderous treasure hunting and exploring, but the combat and silly nilly gimmicks are just too much.

I mean, the events are downright hilarious in the sense that it isn't physically possible for it to happen. Though, the cover based combat is absolutely atrocious. There are chest high walls everywhere as if God thought it was okay to conveniently placed these chest high walls in convenient places so you can conveniently take cover whilst shooting conveniently placed foes.

The lack of aim assist bugs me because it's quite tedious aiming at a moving soldier when all my bullets are just following him. And the guns are familiar in an absolutely great fashion, but like most super models, they're ugly behind the scenes. In other words, each gun handles terribly. I play too much Dead Space.

And the stealth sections are so tacky, it makes the 1980s look cool or "rad". It's like Battlefield implementing a platforming section in the worst way possible and if you miss a jump, you're bombarded with three tanks and one RPG clip. ****.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Aviator

9,787. Posted:

@Chrono_Cross Perhaps we will think the same about the ending then.

(Then again, we are brothers so why not).

Also were there stealth sections in Uncharted? I remember shooting, running from death things and terrible puzzle solving.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

9,788. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

@Chrono_Cross Perhaps we will think the same about the ending then.

(Then again, we are brothers so why not).

Also were there stealth sections in Uncharted? I remember shooting, running from death things and terrible puzzle solving.

I bet the ending is going to be... something "special".

In Uncharted 3 there's a stealth mission in that night time ruins place. It's not strictly stealth (you can get caught, but a horde of psychotic ***holes ambush you), though, when a developer makes a stealth section, I want to take advantage of it. Yet it's so baaaad! Seriously, there is no skill to it. It's all trial and error.

When I played Metal Gear Solid as a kid, I scanned my environments thoroughly and planned my next COA accurately even if it failed. But I knew what I was doing and it was MY fault I got caught.

Uncharted 3 has one of those stealth sections where enemies are placed in random spots, there's no distinct route and silenced weapons are myths.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Fuzzy

9,789. Posted:

I thought the treasure hunting in the Uncharted games were a bad distraction. Instead of enjoying the areas I was in, I found I was getting to obsessed with finding them. It doesn't feel right that if you're running for your life from enemies, that you keep stopping and looking for treasure.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,790. Posted:

I thought the treasure hunting was a nice dstraction. Gives you something to do once you've cleared out the enemies.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,791. Posted:

So. I don't like FPS.

I flippin' love Crysis 3.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,792. Posted:

Is it as good as Crysis 1 at least? I always liked that one. In fact, I should get Crysis for the PS3 someday.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Splat

9,793. Posted:

I always loved treasure hunting in the Uncharted games. That said I pretty much like collectibles in most games.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,794. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Is it as good as Crysis 1 at least? I always liked that one. In fact, I should get Crysis for the PS3 someday.

I haven't played enough of Crysis 1 to really comment.

I do like it much more than Crysis 2. And Crysis 2 was the only FPS I could stand for the last couple of years.

And yes, that includes Halo 4, Far Cry 3 and those Tom Clancy thingies that are FPSers from a third person perspective.

I scored Crysis 3 4.5/5

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Emaan

9,795. Posted:

Ni No Kuni isn't a limited release right?

I just am trying to find the money in between all these 3DS releases to go out and buy it, but haven't gotten around to it. I don't want to get in a similar situation with something like Xenoblade Chronicles, where I waited and then it became very expensive and hard to find. :O

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Splat

9,796. Posted:

Did anyone else get a message from PSN giving them a $10 credit to the PS store? It just said to thank you for being a loyal PSN member here is a code for a $10 credit. Pretty sweet. :)

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

9,797. Posted:

I was just about to comment on that. No, I haven't gotten it yet. :(

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Karakato

9,798. Posted:

Checked my PS3 and got nothing. Apparently, I've noticed that only Plus members are receiving the $10 code. Makes sense though :|

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

9,799. Posted:

Onikato wrote:

Checked my PS3 and got nothing. Apparently, I've noticed that only Plus members are receiving the $10 code. Makes sense though :|

No, I've heard it's just random. I've seen non PSPlus users get it too.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,800. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I haven't played enough of Crysis 1 to really comment.

I do like it much more than Crysis 2. And Crysis 2 was the only FPS I could stand for the last couple of years.

And yes, that includes Halo 4, Far Cry 3 and those Tom Clancy thingies that are FPSers from a third person perspective.

I scored Crysis 3 4.5/5

Well, I didn't play Crysis 2 since it didn't seem that interesting to me. Maybe I'll get into Crysis 3 someday.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~