Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 9,681 to 9,700 of 9,907

irken004

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Today I was in the mood for indie games and plugged the PS3 again (after months), and I purchased a couple of them through the PSN store. Right after payment I noticed that I accidentally bought the PS Vita version of one of the games. Bugger! So I called the Sony customer centre and they told me they're not going to refund my purchase, even though I didn't even download the game.
And yeah, I'm an idiot for not reading the description carefully, but I don't really understand what's the bloody point in selling games that play on a certain system on another machine. Am I missing some of the marvels of modern technology or does it just makes things more complicated?!
I wonder how many extra money is Sony making thanks to those "accidental purchases".
Nintendo doesn't do that, does it?! You don't accidentally purchase a 3DS game on WiiU and then someone says "Sorry mate, you should have purchased the game below it - we didn't write it in the title, but it's written in the description!!".

Which one was it?

spizzamarozzi

irken004 wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Today I was in the mood for indie games and plugged the PS3 again (after months), and I purchased a couple of them through the PSN store. Right after payment I noticed that I accidentally bought the PS Vita version of one of the games. Bugger! So I called the Sony customer centre and they told me they're not going to refund my purchase, even though I didn't even download the game.
And yeah, I'm an idiot for not reading the description carefully, but I don't really understand what's the bloody point in selling games that play on a certain system on another machine. Am I missing some of the marvels of modern technology or does it just makes things more complicated?!
I wonder how many extra money is Sony making thanks to those "accidental purchases".
Nintendo doesn't do that, does it?! You don't accidentally purchase a 3DS game on WiiU and then someone says "Sorry mate, you should have purchased the game below it - we didn't write it in the title, but it's written in the description!!".

Which one was it?

Limbo.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

irken004

spizzamarozzi wrote:

irken004 wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Which one was it?

Limbo.

I believe that's a cross-buy title! Check your PS3's download list in the store.

spizzamarozzi

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yeah, it's cross-buy, don't worry.

apparently not - it WAS a cross-buy title until 2 days ago.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

CanisWolfred

Still might be worth Hassling Customer Support, though, since PSN doesn't seem to note that it's no longer cross-buy, which you could argue puts the burden on Sony's head.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

spizzamarozzi

CanisWolfred wrote:

Still might be worth Hassling Customer Support, though, since PSN doesn't seem to note that it's no longer cross-buy, which you could argue puts the burden on Sony's head.

Last night I bought the game again for PS3 - what the heck I though, it's just a few quid, and they won't refund anyway. Turns out the file it downloads is only 6Kb and obviously it doesn't run. So I call the customer centre again, and after 30 minutes of queue + trying to convince them that "no, I didn't download the demo and I can't see the demo on its page" + waiting on hold because the guy on the other end was obviously clueless, they said that the demo only shows up in a certain section (and it's not even in its proper alphabetical position), not on the game's page and not using the search option. So I guess, if I sum up the mistaken purchase, the proper purchase and the money I wasted on the phone trying to work this thing out, I think I ended up paying three times the (discount) price. There you go, that's business. Hope the game is worth it.

CanisWolfred

Ouch. Again, that's a big booboo on the Playstation side. And from what I've heard it should be worth it, so long as you don't hold its length against it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

banacheck

Been playing Dark Souls II Beta on Sunday for a few hours, so if your into Dark Souls II you'll be glad to know the Beta was excellent. your health is like the health system from Demon's Souls which i'm happy about, if your a PS+ member download the Dark Souls II Beta as thay are holding another Beta on the 10th Nov from 7am - 10am EU.

banacheck

CanisWolfred

Ugh, so I just found out that XCOM: Enemy Within isn't just an expansion - it includes the original game as well! All this time I thought it was a separate game. Now I only need to get Enemy Within. Guess that just jumped way up on my wishlist.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

Swiket wrote:

Next month's PS+ games are DmC, Bioshock Infinite, and Brothers on PS3 and Don't Starve on PS4. Good games!

Is that US or EU (i'm guessing US since I think EU got DMC already)? If so, good deal. I sold my copy of Bioshock Infinite awhile back and wanted Brothers.
@Odnetnin Welcome! feel free to add me on PSN. My ID is irken005 and check out my BL collection

Edited on by irken004

Peach64

Today I played Journey for the first time. After almost two years of hearing it get praised I was worried it had been built up too high, but that was one of the most magical gaming experiences I've ever had. I joined up with someone early on and stuck together til the end. I got quite lost twice but they were waiting for me when I managed to move forward.

Peach64

KarrotMan

Hmm. Got Blazblue. played an hours worth and just realize how much I suck at these types of games (ie competitive 2d fighters). That, and the Dpad of the DS3 is not responsive enough to pull off some specials. I just want a nice, casual Multiplayer game that will be a fun (and a bit mindless) romp with a dash of fan service. I'll be swapping this for the following options:

• DBZ Bodukai HD Collection (got Raging Blast 2 but the modes are better here)
  • PS All stars Battle Royale (Haven't tried a smash type fighter yet and there are definitely characters I want to try out)
  • Any Naruto or Bleach game since my Cousin's are into those for some reason.

Any thoughts on what to get?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

shingi_70

Damn those PS+ games look awesome. I hope the PS4 Gaikai stuff has PS+ content.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

irken004

Karakato wrote:

Hmm. Got Blazblue. played an hours worth and just realize how much I suck at these types of games (ie competitive 2d fighters). That, and the Dpad of the DS3 is not responsive enough to pull off some specials. I just want a nice, casual Multiplayer game that will be a fun (and a bit mindless) romp with a dash of fan service. I'll be swapping this for the following options:

• DBZ Bodukai HD Collection (got Raging Blast 2 but the modes are better here)
  • PS All stars Battle Royale (Haven't tried a smash type fighter yet and there are definitely characters I want to try out)
  • Any Naruto or Bleach game since my Cousin's are into those for some reason.

Any thoughts on what to get?

PS All Stars is very accessible compared to other fighters, about as accessible as SSB. Plus you can find it really cheap nowadays.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.