Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Showing 9,641 to 9,660 of 10,222

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,641. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Good news, everyone! Sony wiped my PS3, so now I have to redownload 100+ Gigabytes of games!

...oh wait, that was the bad news. The good news is that my PS3 did get back in time for me to play Ni no Kuni. So yeah, I'll be playing that for a while now.

Only 100GB, you need to download a few more games. Haha

Not if my System gets wiped or swapped every time it breaks I'm not.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

9,642. Posted:

I believe I may have spotted a LBP Easter Egg in MLB '10 the Show.

My dad has been playing it so long, that he's in the 2050 season. At this point, the game has all real world players retired, and the teams are made up of computer created players. Well, one of the players' last name is Sackboy.

I'm not sure if that is all that random or not, but it looks like it could be an Easter Egg (I should mention that the MLB the Show franchise is Playstation exclusive).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,643. Posted:

Downloaded the Dust 514 beta in the hopes that I'd get to kill some dudes before I went to bed. However, it took me a half an hour to get ready, and by then I was too tired to play. :( Who knew this game would be so complicated before you even got into battle?

I will say that this looks like it could potentially be a great game...that I'll only play 3 times. Because there's no singleplayer whatsoever. I don't think there's even a training mode.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

9,644. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Downloaded the Dust 514 beta in the hopes that I'd get to kill some dudes before I went to bed. However, it took me a half an hour to get ready, and by then I was too tired to play. :( Who knew this game would be so complicated before you even got into battle?

I will say that this looks like it could potentially be a great game...that I'll only play 3 times. Because there's no singleplayer whatsoever. I don't think there's even a training mode.

It's called an MMO FPS for a reason :P I usually just jump into the instant action modes and use the starter dropsuit. I still haven't quite figured out how to customize my dropsuits yet, but I've only been able to play it twice so far.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

9,645. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I've been playing DUST 514 for well over a year now and yes, it's a great game that makes great use of the F2P model. It does take awhile to download and get into, but once you do - it's flippin great.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

9,646. Posted:

Any videos or interviews about how closely its tied to EVE online?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,647. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I've been playing DUST 514 for well over a year now and yes, it's a great game that makes great use of the F2P model. It does take awhile to download and get into, but once you do - it's flippin great.

Really? From my time on the closed Beta I got the impression that it was little more than a stock-standard multiplayear FPS.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,648. Posted:

@Bankai - IIRC (as in if I'm not thinking of someone else), you have very high standards for an FPS. So your "standard" is pretty great for the rest of us. :P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,649. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Bankai - IIRC (as in if I'm not thinking of someone else), you have very high standards for an FPS. So your "standard" is pretty great for the rest of us. :P

I dunno if I would call it 'standards,' lol. I really don't like the genre as a whole, so for a FPS to impress me it really does need to do something original/ innovative/ better than everything else in the genre.

Of recent years that has meant Serious Sam 3, Crysis and.... that's about it, really :P

Edit - I should say that I fully accept that Dust is probably a good game for fan of the genre. I wouldn't necessarily give it a "bad" review.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

SilentJ

9,650. Posted:

I've been racking my brain all week over what games to buy before the sale ends tomorrow. I finally decided to go with Machinarium and Warp since they both look cool and $5 for both seems pretty good. I've also been waiting for a price drop on Unfinished Swan so I had to get it. I really wanted LBPK but passed on it because I have a feeling we'll end up getting it for free sometime this year.

This is my first time purchasing any games in well over a year thanks to Plus.

PSN ID : MrPink78

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,651. Posted:

For those playing Ni no Kuni, while I'm sure you could find similar info on GameFAQs, if you want generally spoiler free advice on what tamable monsters are good to fight with, Agent D. on RPGFan keeps running into a lot of good ones, starting from reply #52 on: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=12105.45

Of course, the fact of the matter is that you're good with almost anything, but still, a lot of people have found his advice helpful. And he found a God Chichu-level monstrosity that seems to destroy everything it encounters, especially as it levels up. Actually, I'm finding this thread in general to be helpful, and very few spoilers so far, too.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,652. Posted:

The good thing about this time of year is that it is relatively easy on the purchases/ new games to play.

I'm going to take advantage of this downtime to run through the Atelier Arland trilogy again in preparation for March's release of Ayesha.

AuthorMessage

Dezner

9,653. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

I'm going to take advantage of this downtime to run through the Atelier Arland trilogy again in preparation for March's release of Ayesha.

Nice! I just wish I could get around to my first run through of the trilogy, period. :p

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Rod64

9,654. Posted:

I just bought Lollipop Chainsaw!!
I f****** love SUDA 51 games.

Rod64

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,655. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Nice! I just wish I could get around to my first run through of the trilogy, period. :p

The fact you of all people haven't played these games cuts me to the very bone :(

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

9,656. Posted:

So yeah. Crysis 3. Awesome. Better than Call of Duty and Battlefield. And Killzone.

Yeah I said it.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,657. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

So yeah. Crysis 3. Awesome. Better than Call of Duty and Battlefield. And Killzone.

Yeah I said it.

+1/ Retweet/ Like/ etc.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

9,658. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Yeah I said it.

You act like that's difficult to believe in any way. I didn't like Crysis 2 as much as a lot of people (granted I didn't play more than a couple of hours or so) and it's still better than those games.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,659. Posted:

Yes. Crysis is one of those FPS franchises that even people that don't like FPSers can enjoy.

Speaking from experience here.

AuthorMessage

Swiket

9,660. Posted:

^ This is irrelevant, but that article you wrote about the Souls series makes me want to start up Demon's Souls again. Previously I only got up to the Flamelurker, and I'd love to apply what I've learned in my 100+ hours of playing Dark Souls.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323