Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Showing 9,341 to 9,360 of 10,199

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

9,341. Posted:

smithers wrote:

So now for my question: How good is Playstation All-stars Battle Royale?!?

That really depends on how indifferent you are to innovation. Your mileage may vary.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

9,342. Posted:

@whiteknight, does Playstation All-stars Battle Royale have NPCs like in ssbb when you go to vs. mode and you can use them instead of other people? And if so is the ai as enjoyable as it is in SSBB?

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Splat

9,343. Posted:

The first Mass Effect on PS3 this Tuesday can't wait...

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

smithers

9,344. Posted:

@jaz007 I know it does have NPC's but I'm not sure how good they are since i havent played it.

This has also sparked quite the debate.
My takeL PSASBR definitely takes inspiration from smash bros, which isnt a bad thing. Its a succesfull series that tons of people enjoy, so why not. I would be a little annoyed if they did NOTHING different, but the whole super moves is significant different and changes up the game alot since youre not just knocking people off, so it doesnt bother me that it takes alot of influence

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

9,345. Posted:

Splat wrote:

The first Mass Effect on PS3 this Tuesday can't wait...

You've been waiting on that game for 5 years. A few more days won't kill you.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

irken004

9,346. Posted:

Finally got Assassin's Creed 3 today and made it to sequence 6 so far. It's amazing, almost everything was improved compared to the older games. Also Uplay sucks because I had to figure out some account stuff to get logged in to get Uplay rewards. But I finally figured it out and grabbed the AC3 theme from it.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

brooks83

9,347. Posted:

On Tuesday it looks like Zanac X Zanac is coming to PSN as an import PS1 classic. It is the sequal to the NES game (that just so happens to be on the NA VC), and from what I understand this game also contains the NES game as well. If you check ebay you will see it is going for around $200-300, so this is a much cheaper option if you want to play Compile's last shooter!

brooks83

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

9,348. Posted:

apparently there's gonna be a demo for Ni No Kuni.

I really hope that succeeds. It actually surpasses Xenoblade as a game that gives me hope for console JRPGs, simply because it isn't on a console largely abandoned by everyone and maybe will even make a decent profit without relying exclusively on the effort of the European localization team.

Basically if there's any chance Xenoblade is a legit return to relatively consistent greatness for the genre outside of handhelds, Ni No Kuni could be the more successful 2nd step to that.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

9,349. Posted:

Didn't the game bomb in japan? I can't see it doing worse than that here. In fact with a decent marketing campagin (From the makers of spirited away and Professor Layton) and Namco keeping its expectations in check.

Really hoping at next year's E3 and TGS we see with the new consoles a resurgance of the JRPG.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Splat

9,350. Posted:

BioShock 2 is this weeks PS+ game in the US. How lost would I be having not played the first one?

AuthorMessage

Dezner

9,351. Posted:

Splat wrote:

BioShock 2 is this weeks PS+ game in the US. How lost would I be having not played the first one?

Lost enough you'll regret not playing the first game first! :o

But really, there's an entirely unique atmospheric WORLD down below the sea and an amazing artistic vision that just needs to be seen through the eyes of the first game's protagonist. Plus, the creator of the first game had nothing to do with the second game at all. It would be like playing Snake's Revenge before Metal Gear. :D

There's nothing really wrong with BioShock 2, it's just simply not as groundbreaking as the first game. :p But hey, at least download it for now and maybe if you want to get BioShock Infinite, it comes with the first game and will be Move-ified. :) Then you'll have all 3 to play! ^_^

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,352. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

apparently there's gonna be a demo for Ni No Kuni.

I really hope that succeeds. It actually surpasses Xenoblade as a game that gives me hope for console JRPGs, simply because it isn't on a console largely abandoned by everyone and maybe will even make a decent profit without relying exclusively on the effort of the European localization team.

Basically if there's any chance Xenoblade is a legit return to relatively consistent greatness for the genre outside of handhelds, Ni No Kuni could be the more successful 2nd step to that.

I loved it - much preferrered it to Xenoblade. But then I was pretty meh about Xenoblade so.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

BanjoKirby

9,353. Posted:

Add me on PS3.
Gamertag below...
I play Fat Princess Demo and Uncharted 3 online and I'll get Black Ops 2 in December.

3DS:5412-9898-7765 KidIcarus,MK7,StreetFighter
XBOX 360:SSxPotato-DeadIsland,ResEvilORC,5,6
Playstation 3: The_Ham_Slapper-BlackOps2,Uncharted3,PSAll-Stars
Wii:Soon

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9898-7765

AuthorMessage

Splat

9,354. Posted:

I final got around to playing Skyrim and after all the hate I have heard about the PS3 version I expected the worse. I have put in over 100 hours in to it and other then it freezing a hand full of times I had no problems whatsoever. I thought it was pretty awesome.

AuthorMessage

SimonB79

9,355. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Finally got Assassin's Creed 3 today and made it to sequence 6 so far. It's amazing, almost everything was improved compared to the older games. Also Uplay sucks because I had to figure out some account stuff to get logged in to get Uplay rewards. But I finally figured it out and grabbed the AC3 theme from it.

It's a fantastic game (currently playing it) but the horrendous load times drive me crazy. /facepalm (don't know if the 360 version is any better)

Edited on by SimonB79

SimonB79

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0015-7850 | Nintendo Network ID: SimonB79 | Twitter: SimonB79

AuthorMessage

irken004

9,356. Posted:

SimonB79 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

It's a fantastic game (currently playing it) but the horrendous load times drive me crazy. /facepalm (don't know if the 360 version is any better)

I heard about how bad they supposedly are on PS3 but I don't seem to mind the loading times, they aren't that bad to me. The only time there's a lot of loading times is if you use Fast Travel points a lot.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

9,357. Posted:

SimonB79 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

As a general rule of thumb 360 games tend to load faster (due to PS3 using blu ray I assume) so it probably is a bit quicker.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

9,358. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

SimonB79 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

As a general rule of thumb 360 games tend to load faster (due to PS3 using blu ray I assume) so it probably is a bit quicker.

Yeah I know that from playing Borderlands on the PS3 at my friends house and than playing Borderlands at my place on the 360.

I dont know about the PS3 since I dont own one and I never asked anyone who does but with the Xbox 360 you can install your games to the hard drive and that cuts down on loading time as well.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

irken004

9,359. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

SimonB79 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Yeah I know that from playing Borderlands on the PS3 at my friends house and than playing Borderlands at my place on the 360.

I dont know about the PS3 since I dont own one and I never asked anyone who does but with the Xbox 360 you can install your games to the hard drive and that cuts down on loading time as well.

Some PS3 games have certain files it installs onto the HD (in AC3's case, it was about 4 GB plus the updates), and the only issue I remember hearing about Borderlands/Borderlands 2 on PS3 were texture pop-ins, which happens a lot with Unreal Engine 3 games on PS3.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SimonB79

9,360. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

SimonB79 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Some PS3 games have certain files it installs onto the HD (in AC3's case, it was about 4 GB plus the updates), and the only issue I remember hearing about Borderlands/Borderlands 2 on PS3 were texture pop-ins, which happens a lot with Unreal Engine 3 games on PS3.

tbh ... even with these ridiculous mandatory installs the xbox360 still spanks the ps3 interms of load times lol /facepalm (insert slow bluray seektimes vs dvd argument here) ... im gonna just buy multiplatform titles for the xbox360 infuture & the ps3 will be used for exclusives only. ;-)

SimonB79

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0015-7850 | Nintendo Network ID: SimonB79 | Twitter: SimonB79