Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 9,321 to 9,340 of 10,146

CanisWolfred

@CactusJackson

Does the platforming get better after the first mission? Again, I can't stress enough how frustrated I was with the platforming in the demo mission. That angel glide especially drove me bonkers. And then that church section...ugh....

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Knux

I still need to play the demo of DmC first. But even if the demo blows me away or impresses me, I'll probably wait to buy it until the price lowers. That, and I feel like I should at least buy and play the other Devil May Cry games first. The HD Collection is probably where I'll start out with, and then I would need to buy and play Devil May Cry 4.

I guess this would be the perfect year to give the series a shot.

Knux

CanisWolfred

Knux wrote:

I still need to play the demo of DmC first. But even if the demo blows me away or impresses me, I'll probably wait to buy it until the price lowers. That, and I feel like I should at least buy and play the other Devil May Cry games first. The HD Collection is probably where I'll start out with, and then I would need to buy and play Devil May Cry 4.

I guess this would be the perfect year to give the series a shot.

...it's a reboot, though. Not DmC5, DmC1.1 - a completely unrelated game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Knux

CanisWolfred wrote:

...it's a reboot, though. Not DmC5, DmC1.1 - a completely unrelated game.

And I know that. But it would be a much better value to buy the HD Collection which contains three games for a much cheaper price than to pay $60 for one game. By the time I get through playing all of the other DMC games, I can buy the reboot at a much cheaper price. In other words, I can eat my ice cream after I finished devouring my cake.

Knux

Chrono_Cross

Bankai wrote:

Ninja Theory is easy the most underrated game dev out there.

They make brilliant games that sell crappily, and 'hardcore' gamers seem to hate that they're the one developer in the west that really tries to be different.

Considering Devil May Cry is a huge franchise in the west, and this game is miles better than 4, I'm assuming it's going to sell very well.

CanisWolfred wrote:

@CactusJackson

Does the platforming get better after the first mission? Again, I can't stress enough how frustrated I was with the platforming in the demo mission. That angel glide especially drove me bonkers. And then that church section...ugh....

It's something that you need to practice at in order to breeze through it. The game teaches you as you progress, so by the time you're at a really "difficult" platform section, you'll be prepared.

I haven't played the demo, so I have no idea which level it was. All I know is that, if the platforming is going to ruin in for you, rent it or borrow it. No need to waste $60.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

Bankai wrote:

Well. Ni No Kuni is the best thing ever.

Okay, I wasn't worried at all about Ni no Kuni before, but now I really am.

...like, no seriously, I am. Every time this guy says a game is that great, I end up severely disappointed. We're, like, 5 of 5 now.

What's your take on the gameplay so far? I at least want to hear that bit.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Aviator

Bankai wrote:

The demo was so much fun. Can't wait for it.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Bankai

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bankai wrote:

...like, no seriously, I am. Every time this guy says a game is that great, I end up severely disappointed. We're, like, 5 of 5 now.

The combat is reasonably simple and straightforward, and fairly slow paced. Not turn based, but not stressful-fast either. I am playing it on the higher difficulty level, and haven't been too challenged.

It's got bounty-style side quests, gorgeous graphics, once of the best soundtracks you'll ever hear and, impressively for a JRPG, it has a lot of lore. There's a book that contains stories and fables and so on, none of which is required reading, but it helps make the world seem a whole lot more vibrant and real - just like Skyrim's books do.

The actual dungeons and main story line are very linear just like every other JRPG, but the story is really worth following - a very sad but touching plot.

And most importantly (and why this is better than the DS game) it looks stunning in HD.

Also I think we both enjoyed Star Ocean 4 and FFXIII-2 and Skyrim. The only point of difference between us is that I like the OOT Otaku-style RPGs from Compile Heart, NIS and GUST and you don't

Edited on by Bankai

CanisWolfred

Bankai wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bankai wrote:

The combat is reasonably simple and straightforward, and fairly slow paced. Not turn based, but not stressful-fast either. I am playing it on the higher difficulty level, and haven't been too challenged.

It's got bounty-style side quests, gorgeous graphics, once of the best soundtracks you'll ever hear and, impressively for a JRPG, it has a lot of lore. There's a book that contains stories and fables and so on, none of which is required reading, but it helps make the world seem a whole lot more vibrant and real - just like Skyrim's books do.

The actual dungeons and main story line are very linear just like every other JRPG, but the story is really worth following - a very sad but touching plot.

And most importantly (and why this is better than the DS game) it looks stunning in HD.

Also I think we both enjoyed Star Ocean 4 and FFXIII-2 and Skyrim. The only point of difference between us is that I like the OOT Otaku-style RPGs from Compile Heart, NIS and GUST and you don't

But thank you, perhaps there is a chance this'll turn out better than the last couple of times.

I didn't know you enjoyed Skyrim. I was thinking more like Nier, Arland, Morrowind, Star Ocean 3, Final Fantasy XIII, and Demon's Souls.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Slapshot

I still think Demon's Souls difficulty is overrated! Haha

I'm hoping I'll make it to Ni No Kuni this year, but I'm dead set on wrapping up the many games I've already got, before buying new titles.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter:

Knux

Hey guys, I wanted to ask a question. Persona 4 Arena is having a $20 sale at GameStop. If I can get over there while the sale is going on, then I'm thinking about buying the game. The problem is that I'm afraid that I won't understand the game's story at all without playing Persona 4. I was planning on buying Persona 4 Golden first and completing it first, but my God $20 is almost impossible to pass up.

So what I'm basically saying is that if there's ANYONE who has managed to beat Persona 4 and played Persona 4 Arena, could you tell me if the game spoils Persona 4 or requires you to understand the story? I have never played a Persona game before, even though I own unplayed PSP copies of Persona 2 and 3. I just haven't had the time to play them due to being busy and having a massive backlog of games. I wasn't even planning on touching Persona 4 Arena since I know next to nothing about the series, but the sale is too incredible to resist and I've heard nothing but good things about this game.

And yes, I thought about buying Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena all at once on my next trip to GameStop. The only problem is that there are other games I wanted to buy like Zero Escape, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed. Man...there are seriously way too many awesome games that came out last year and are coming out this year.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

CanisWolfred

If the sale's still on by tomorrow, I'll be headed to the store to get it. I have to go there anyways, for a job fair.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

turtlelink

I just came to post about that sale... I'm so pissed. I bought the game last week for $45.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Chrono_Cross

Are you sure Waltz? Are you sure it's better than Nier?

Just for you.

Chrono_Cross

Color me excited. Aside from GameInformers review, I've heard nothing but good things about Ni No Kuni.

You got the job!

Just for you.

Slapshot

Oh... I was just about to head into the site to see if you had a draft for the review that I could take a peak at, but you've already gotten the review up - time to read! Haha

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic