Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 9,321 to 9,340 of 9,907

CanisWolfred

I saw the Concept Art trailer and story details, it sounds pretty good. Too bad they already have a new Phantasy Star, or I'd be completely ecstatic. I'm still looking forward to more info, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Splat

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Uncharted 3 is surprisingly really good. Unlike its predecessors, I'm actually enjoying it. So far.

(The acting and storyline flawless as of now. Very good.)

I would rank them 2,3 then 1.

It's not the one isn't good it's just that 2 and 3 are so much better.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

CanisWolfred

I've only watched videos of 2 and 3, but I was very disappointed with Uncharted 1 at first because it obviously wasn't as polished as the later ones.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

CanisWolfred wrote:

I've only watched videos of 2 and 3, but I was very disappointed with Uncharted 1 at first because it obviously wasn't as polished as the later ones.

I thought some scenes and the story in uncharted 1 were better than the other games. Shame it isn't as polished as 2 or 3, but it's still great.

Slapshot

Gamer83 wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

Oh, (and yes I'm double posting) save your pennies for Urban Trial Freestyle this Tuesday!

Cross-buy?

Nope. It's two separate titles independent of each other.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

irken004

Anyone still play Borderlands 1? I got the GOTY edition today and started it up.

Gamer83

Slapshot wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

Oh, (and yes I'm double posting) save your pennies for Urban Trial Freestyle this Tuesday!

Cross-buy?

Nope. It's two separate titles independent of each other.

Thanks for the info.

Gamer83

Chrono_Cross

Jaz007 wrote:

It gets better as you progress in the game. A set piece near the end is one of, if not my best of all time across all forms of media too.

Now I'm excited. I just hope I dont need to know the entire story from the previous games to get the impact you experienced. lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Aviator

I'll wait until you get to the end of the game before I talk about what I thought of it.

(I dunno if I could talk without spoilers and whatnot.)

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Jaz007

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

It gets better as you progress in the game. A set piece near the end is one of, if not my best of all time across all forms of media too.

Now I'm excited. I just hope I dont need to know the entire story from the previous games to get the impact you experienced. lol

I'm sure playing the previous games helps but you should be good since I played Uncharted 3 before I played Uncharted 2.

Jaz007

Splat

Anyone played Vanquish? It's going to be on PS+ tomorrow in the US. I know very little about it.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

_zoipi

Splat wrote:

Anyone played Vanquish? It's going to be on PS+ tomorrow in the US. I know very little about it.

It was fun, but i didnt kinda like it. It's like a fast paced Gears of War. Also, the characters were so horrible i always skipped cutscenes. That's only my opinion.

_zoipi

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Vanquished is like a Fast-Paced Gears of War that gets right everything that Gears of War did wrong, namely by actually being fun for more than 5 minutes.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

I liked Vanquish, but it's short since it's more of a high-score attack type of game. The graphics are very nice and the gameplay is very fast paced.

Dezner

Vanquish is RIDICULOUSLY awesome. It's potentially right around my #2 mark for best game this generation, only behind Bayonetta.

And yes, I fully admit to being a Platinum Games fanboy so there's just a tad bit of bias there.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

Vanquished is like a Fast-Paced Gears of War that gets right everything that Gears of War did wrong, namely by actually being fun for more than 5 minutes.

while this is probably completely true, it's still similar enough to Gears of War that I liked it way less than I probably would have otherwise. "HEY YOU KNOW WHAT A FAST ARCADEY SHOOTER NEEDS? COVERSHOOTCOVERSHOOTCOVERSHOOTCOVERSHOOT"

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wouldn't your premise be wrong if someone else had fun with Gears?

also isn't the point that its really isnt a fast paced game On insanity and playing mulltiplayer its pretty easy to be killed so you think about your next action more.

Still Binary Domain is better than both so its a pretty moot point.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 wrote:

Still Binary Domain is better than both so its a pretty moot point.

What...what have you done?! You've shattered the very fabric of time and space with the sheer, mind-bending audicity of your claim! You've doomed us all!! Doomed us, I say!!! DOOOOOOOOOO- okay I'm done.

But seriously, I never thought I'd hear anyone say that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

while this is probably completely true, it's still similar enough to Gears of War that I liked it way less than I probably would have otherwise. "HEY YOU KNOW WHAT A FAST ARCADEY SHOOTER NEEDS? COVERSHOOTCOVERSHOOTCOVERSHOOTCOVERSHOOT"

Cover based gameplay is one of the worst things about last generation. Or this generation. Whatever floats your boat.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kkslider5552000

Chrono_Cross wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Cover based gameplay is one of the worst things about last generation. Or this generation. Whatever floats your boat.

Agreed. I mean I kinda get why people like Gears of War, but my god the cover shooter. And it's always overdone and done to waste your time and ugh. Forget the FPS, at least we get some cool stuff like Borderlands and Bioshock and Crysis or whatever, this is what's hurting the quality of modern gaming, if anything.

The only example I can think of that I liked would be Mass Effect 2, and even then that's probably only because of how much I loved everything else about Mass Effect 2 and how much I didn't like the combat in 1.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.