Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 9,081 to 9,100 of 9,907

irken004

CactusJackson wrote:

Devil May Cry is the best way to start off 2013. Anyone who disagrees hasn't played it.

The demo was better than expected

Chrono_Cross

The actual game is astonishing. Every aspect is of triple A quality.

Oh and... Vergil.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

turtlelink

CactusJackson wrote:

The actual game is astonishing. Every aspect is of triple A quality.

Oh and... Virgil.

Really now? DMC4 was good and this one looks good too. I plan on getting Rising next month for my action game fill, though.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Chrono_Cross

turtlelink wrote:

Really now? DMC4 was good and this one looks good too. I plan on getting Rising next month for my action game fill, though.

Out of the five DMC games, 4 is by far the worst one. This one is up there around 1 and 3.

So yeah, if you liked 4, you're going to thoroughly enjoy this one.

Just for you.

Drobotic

I'm thinking of getting a PS3 so my dad will finally have a Blu-Ray player.Also so I could play some LBP.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

turtlelink

You really didn't like 4? I thought it was good. Nero was a pretty cool character imo. Except for when he said Kyrie. 3 was fun too but I never finished it. Want to play 1 though. It should be on PSN as a PS2 classic.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Chrono_Cross

turtlelink wrote:

You really didn't like 4? I thought it was good. Nero was a pretty cool character imo. Except for when he said Kyrie. 3 was fun too but I never finished it. Want to play 1 though. It should be on PSN as a PS2 classic.

The DmC collection is dirt cheap at GameStop. Only around $25. But yeah, 4 wasn't as good as the original trilogy. Choosing Nero over Dante was a terrible choice and in its entirety, felt like a barebones sequel to 2.

Just for you.

irken004

Drobotic wrote:

I'm thinking of getting a PS3 so my dad will finally have a Blu-Ray player.Also so I could play some LBP.

Both reasons are good so do it

Splat

Drobotic wrote:

Got mine a little over a year ago and haven't looked back. I love it.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Aviator

I really should have gotten into DMC when I had the chance. The demo was fun. Might grab it when it goes cheap.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Chrono_Cross

Aviator wrote:

I really should have gotten into DMC when I had the chance. The demo was fun. Might grab it when it goes cheap.

Rent it or borrow from a friend. Seriously, I dislike 95% of the hack 'n slash genre, but DmC is beyond awesome. It's better than the majority of the crap to come out 2011 and 2012 and it's already a great sign for the rest of 2013.

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

I actually thought DMC4 was up there with DMC3. Not as good, but damn close. For every step back, it also took a step forward. I actually think DMC1 is the worst in the series, though. It's incredibly unrefined. The DmC reboot is at least better than that, if not better than DMC2 in my eyes as well (which I actually really enjoyed, but then again, I played it after DMC1, which I did not enjoy). I've only played the demo of course, but it already has some obvious problems - platforming is the worst I've seen in the series, it's too easy (all of my deaths were due to the platforming...and I played it on hard), the combat feels more akin to a really refined, faster-paced version of Heavenly Sword, and the voice acting flat out sucked. Not cheezy, just sucked. Still, it's the very best I could hope for out of an unrelated party like Ninja Theory, and I'm hoping the rest of the game will continue to exceed my expectations when I finally get a chance to pick it up. Maybe that'll be what I use my Target Gift cards on?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

So I completed DmC with a friend tonight and, uh, yeah. It was amazing. Every level was appropriate in every feasible way. Not too long, very enjoyable, cleverly hidden secrets, fun platforming and enjoyable waves of enemies to practice hundreds of sick combos on.

The bosses weren't half bad either. And let's just say the final boss was, in one word, amazing. Truly amazing.

The combo lists, upgrades, new moves and cool weapons made the game's gameplay very, very enjoyable. Unlike most hack 'n slash games, DmC's gameplay flowed fluently and was addictive simultaneously. The graphics were top notch, too. Very little pop in, character models looked great and the environments in their entirety were fantastic!

The humor was lol funny as Dante is a humorous and likeable guy! The music was probably my only gripe, though. Most of the songs were good but I had to cover my ears during some.

I say let Ninja Theory make Devil May Cry from now on. Capcom has hit pure gold with this developer and they know exactly what they're doing. Two weeks into the year and I'm already enjoying this year more than the last two. Bring on the rest of 2013!

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

@CactusJackson

Does the platforming get better after the first mission? Again, I can't stress enough how frustrated I was with the platforming in the demo mission. That angel glide especially drove me bonkers. And then that church section...ugh....

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Knux

I still need to play the demo of DmC first. But even if the demo blows me away or impresses me, I'll probably wait to buy it until the price lowers. That, and I feel like I should at least buy and play the other Devil May Cry games first. The HD Collection is probably where I'll start out with, and then I would need to buy and play Devil May Cry 4.

I guess this would be the perfect year to give the series a shot.

Knux

CanisWolfred

Knux wrote:

I still need to play the demo of DmC first. But even if the demo blows me away or impresses me, I'll probably wait to buy it until the price lowers. That, and I feel like I should at least buy and play the other Devil May Cry games first. The HD Collection is probably where I'll start out with, and then I would need to buy and play Devil May Cry 4.

I guess this would be the perfect year to give the series a shot.

...it's a reboot, though. Not DmC5, DmC1.1 - a completely unrelated game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Knux

CanisWolfred wrote:

...it's a reboot, though. Not DmC5, DmC1.1 - a completely unrelated game.

And I know that. But it would be a much better value to buy the HD Collection which contains three games for a much cheaper price than to pay $60 for one game. By the time I get through playing all of the other DMC games, I can buy the reboot at a much cheaper price. In other words, I can eat my ice cream after I finished devouring my cake.

Knux

Chrono_Cross

Bankai wrote:

Ninja Theory is easy the most underrated game dev out there.

They make brilliant games that sell crappily, and 'hardcore' gamers seem to hate that they're the one developer in the west that really tries to be different.

Considering Devil May Cry is a huge franchise in the west, and this game is miles better than 4, I'm assuming it's going to sell very well.

CanisWolfred wrote:

@CactusJackson

Does the platforming get better after the first mission? Again, I can't stress enough how frustrated I was with the platforming in the demo mission. That angel glide especially drove me bonkers. And then that church section...ugh....

It's something that you need to practice at in order to breeze through it. The game teaches you as you progress, so by the time you're at a really "difficult" platform section, you'll be prepared.

I haven't played the demo, so I have no idea which level it was. All I know is that, if the platforming is going to ruin in for you, rent it or borrow it. No need to waste $60.

Just for you.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.