Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 9,061 to 9,080 of 9,907

KarrotMan

So after replacing my busted TV, I can finally play my PS3 after 2 months. I Bought a $20 Store card along with Vanquish, Zone of Enders HD and UMvC3. Right now, I'm looking for a PSN/PSOne exclusive title that is either a 3D Platformer (ala Sly and Ratchet and Clank), an atmospheric and gripping title with a great art style or just some fun Local Multiplayer game that I can unwind with my friends. Since it's been a long time since I last logged on the console, what do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Splat

Onikato wrote:

So after replacing my busted TV, I can finally play my PS3 after 2 months. I Bought a $20 Store card along with Vanquish, Zone of Enders HD and UMvC3. Right now, I'm looking for a PSN/PSOne exclusive title that is either a 3D Platformer (ala Sly and Ratchet and Clank), an atmospheric and gripping title with a great art style or just some fun Local Multiplayer game that I can unwind with my friends. Since it's been a long time since I last logged on the console, what do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

Played Journey yet?

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Jaz007

I will still be expecting a $60 game from sly 4 even though they have dropped the price by $20, espcially since they say it still is good as a $60 game and the price drop was just to boost sales.

Jaz007

KarrotMan

@Mickeymac Yeah, But the thing is I technically played Rayman 2, the ds version that is, a couple of years ago as for SotC, I'm still tracking down the Ico HD collection. As for CTTR, I remember loving it as a kid, might look into it later on, Thanks btw.
@Splat yes I have as a matter of fact, it was one of my GotY for 2012.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

MikeDanger

Onikato wrote:

Anything Crash Bandicoot for PS1
Klonoa
Metal Slug X
Brave Fencer Musashi
Rampage

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

kevohki

Onikato wrote:

I would pick up Maximo (PS2) or Medievil (PS1) if you are looking for past 3D platformers. There's also Beyond Good and Evil HD and the Jak and Daxter HD remakes.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

CrazyOtto

I know it's not PS3, but I'm debating on getting a Sony handheld this year. I'm deciding between either a PSP or a PS Vita. If I got a PSP, I'd import Twinbee Portable from Japan, if I got a Vita, I'd get LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and Tearaway. The games I'll also get no matter what system I picked are LittleBigPlanet Portable (since my friend has it) and Sega Genesis Collection. Of course I'll get more games regularly just like with any other system. PSP is cheaper but the PS Vita is going getting more games in the future.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

irken004

I'm actually planning to get a Vita tomorrow with LittleBIGPlanet Vita. Already ordered Gravity Rush and a handheld grip for it. Also have PS All Stars and Wipeout 2048 to download from my cross-play purchases.

FINALLY.

Now bring me Killzone Mercenary and all will be right with the world.

Undead_terror

I wish they could change the psn store back the way it was or at least make the search (type in stuff) better then it is now, like it once was.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Splat

Darksiders is this weeks PS+ game in the US. I have been meaning to check it out so pretty nice.

Edited on by Splat

turtlelink

Got P4A. Haven't played it much yet because I've been playing P4G more but dang, it is one crazy game from what I've played so far.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Splat

IGN's review of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch gave me the warm and fuzzes do want!

Edited on by Splat

CanisWolfred

Splat wrote:

IGN's review of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch gave me the warm and fuzzes do want!

I had to breath a sigh of relief when I read IGN's and two other reviews of Ni No Kuni. So happy I pre-ordered the game now. I knew it would be great, but some people kept nagging on the battle system. The demo probably wouldn't help in that regard, either.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Splat

CanisWolfred wrote:

Splat wrote:

I had to breath a sigh of relief when I read IGN's and two other reviews of Ni No Kuni. So happy I pre-ordered the game now. I knew it would be great, but some people kept nagging on the battle system. The demo probably wouldn't help in that regard, either.

I'm not going to lie the battle system normally would be a turn off for me but the game just looks amazing. Everything I have read and seen of it has been great. I'm not going to be able to get it right away but it's on my radar for sure.

I'm hoping it will be on the PS store when I'm ready to get it.

CanisWolfred

Splat wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Splat wrote:

I'm not going to lie the battle system normally would be a turn off for me but the game just looks amazing. Everything I have read and seen of it has been great. I'm not going to be able to get it right away but it's on my radar for sure.

I'm hoping it will be on the PS store when I'm ready to get it.

What about the gameplay would be a turn-off?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

pikku

I'm really excited for Ni No Kuni as well, but I probably will not be buying on launch.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Chrono_Cross

Devil May Cry is the best way to start off 2013. Anyone who disagrees hasn't played it.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.