Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 8,981 to 9,000 of 9,907

Bankai

Dead or Alive 5 Sexy Santa costume DLC.

That's... all I really need to say.

Well, in longer form - DoA has in all seriousness grown on me. I've played about 120 hours in it now, and while I didn't really get much out of it for the first 60 or so, now that I've mastered a couple of characters (Hitomi, Lei Fang, Pai and Bayman) it's pretty much my favourite figheter of the generation.

CanisWolfred

Literally as soon as I left my PS3 has been randomly deciding it will shut down completely when I try to turn it on. No yellow lights or anything, it just shuts down on me. It sucks. Guess I'll have to send it in after the holidays...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezner

WhiteKnight wrote:

Well, in longer form - DoA has in all seriousness grown on me. I've played about 120 hours in it now, and while I didn't really get much out of it for the first 60 or so, now that I've mastered a couple of characters (Hitomi, Lei Fang, Pai and Bayman) it's pretty much my favourite figheter of the generation.

Nice! I'm terrible at DOA5 but it's still fun. I need to get back into it and buy all the costumes soon too!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Knux

Aviator wrote:

RESIDENT EVIL 6 IS AMAZING!

But is it like $40-$50 amazing? I wouldn't mind buying it, but it's going to have to be pretty amazing in order for me to give out that much cash.

Knux

Splat

Here are the PlayStation Blog Game of the Year Awards winners if anyone cares.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/19/here-are-your-winne...

PS3 Game of the Year

Assassin’s Creed III - This one was a squeaker, but Ubisoft Montreal’s period epic inched past a strong showing by Gearbox Software’s well-received shooter. FIFA 13 Soccer landed the most write-in votes, but not enough to place in the winner’s circle.

PS3 Game of the Year (PSN Only)

Journey - Thatgamecompany’s wildly original opus was always the favorite to win this category, though Telltale Games’ heartbreaking series The Walking Dead nearly overtook it in the final hours of voting. Queasy Games’ Sound Shapes took the most write-in votes.

PS Vita Game of the Year

UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss - The closest category in this year’s awards nearly ended in a three-way tie between Gravity Rush, Persona 4: Golden, and UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss. But in a photo finish, Bend Studios claims the Platinum prize. The most popular write-in vote was for Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward, which is also available on PS Vita game card.

PS Vita Game of the Year (PSN Only)

Sound Shapes - Innovative indie titles placed strongly in this category, with Queasy Games’ charming musical platformer handily securing the lead. Fun fact: Grasshopper Manufacture’s shooter Sine Mora was the top write-in vote.

PS Mobile Game of the Year

Super Crate Box - In a surprisingly tight race with several favorites jockeying for position, Super Crate Box’s accessible, addictive formula came out on top in the PS Mobile arena. The most popular write-in vote? Lemmings.

Best Use of PlayStation Move

Portal 2 In Motion - Another tight race, with Sixense’s Portal 2 expansion pack beating back a potent showing from PlayStation Move favorite Sorcery and close runners-up Wonderbook: Book of Spells and Sports Champions 2, while Okami HD claimed the most write-in votes.

Most Anticipated PS3 Game

The Last of Us - Despite powerful resistance from Grand Theft Auto 5, Naughty Dog’s highly anticipated post-apocalyptic journey The Last of Us claimed the coveted Platinum prize. Bronze winner BioShock Infinite topped Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch by just a handful of votes, while Namco Bandai’s RPG Tales of Xillia earned the most write-in votes.

Most Anticipated PS Vita Game

Killzone Mercenary - Strong showings from Sly Cooper, Soul Sacrifice, and Tearaway weren’t enough to unseat Guerilla’s upcoming powerhouse. Intriguingly, Atlus USA’s mysterious Dragon’s Crown earned the most write-in votes.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

irken004

Thank god FIFA 13 didn't win Journey was a shoe-in and Portal 2's DLC was a nice surprise.

kkslider5552000

Splat wrote:

Most Anticipated PS Vita Game

Killzone Mercenary

honestly I think suggesting that a Killzone game is the best game coming out this year for the Vita is the meanest thing anyone will ever say about the system. Cmon Playstation Blog, what did the Vita ever do to you?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

Lol, Tales of Xillia was the most popular Write in Vote. I wonder if there really were that many people who are anticipating it, or if I was the only one who wrote in that category?

Glad to see Sound Shapes won. Gravity Rush was robbed, though. Not surprised by the rest of the Categories, though obviously nothing else I voted for won. Ah well.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Dezner wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Nice! I'm terrible at DOA5 but it's still fun. I need to get back into it and buy all the costumes soon too!

The best trick with DoA is to master the timing of the counters. If you can counter-punch, the game's a piece of cake.

It's such a great system that I struggle to get into any other fighting games now.

turtlelink

Generally when you really get into a fighter, it can be difficult to juggle multiple fighters. I wonder how my VF5 skills are now after not playing it for like 4 months D:

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Bankai

turtlelink wrote:

Generally when you really get into a fighter, it can be difficult to juggle multiple fighters. I wonder how my VF5 skills are now after not playing it for like 4 months D:

Yeah, this. Fighting games are so complex mechanically and take so much practice to learn, that unlearning the skill to start learning a new fighting system is painful.

I'm trying to juggle Tekken Tag 2 on the Wii U while playing DoA 5 obessively, and it's painful

turtlelink

At one point, I was juggling Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Skullgirls, Virtua Fighter 5, and Soul Calibur V all at once!
Last summer was so fun~

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

shingi_70

So looks like Lightning is the new Batman. Going to finish up XIII and XIII-2 before this comes out.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Slapshot

@Bones00 Haha... sorry, that got a little broken up there. That reply to @WhiteKnight was in reference to PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, instead of Journey.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

irken004

Also beat Sly 2 today and got its platinum trophy, so I'll download the 3rd game.

I'm honestly getting kinda sick of these archaic minigames they throw into the story.

Platypus

irken004 wrote:

Also beat Sly 2 today and got its platinum trophy, so I'll download the 3rd game.

I'm honestly getting kinda sick of these archaic minigames they throw into the story.

.......Sly 3 had more than any of them.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

irken004

soccer686 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

.......Sly 3 had more than any of them.

Untitled

DarkLloyd

CanisWolfred wrote:

Lol, Tales of Xillia was the most popular Write in Vote. I wonder if there really were that many people who are anticipating it, or if I was the only one who wrote in that category?

Glad to see Sound Shapes won. Gravity Rush was robbed, though. Not surprised by the rest of the Categories, though obviously nothing else I voted for won. Ah well.

im looking forward to getting my hands on it day one tales of Xillia that is lol

DarkLloyd

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.