Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 8,821 to 8,840 of 9,907

SubBronze

Is anyone having trouble with their account balance on the Store? On my computer it says I have £5.39, but on the Store it says I don't have any... Also, the add funds box on the checkout is shaded out. I'm too scared to buy a gift card or to add more money onto the account in case it doesn't work. Bit annoying considering I wanted to buy Modnation Racers for tomorrow since my friend is coming round and I want to play a racing game other than Mario Kart with him...

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

turtlelink

AC3 looks really good! I want to get both that and Liberation sometime soon.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Bankai

Jon_Talbain wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Halo 4 sucks.

I'd ask why, but I think we have different opinions of Halo in general.

Halo 4 would be awesome if I hadn't already played this game a few hundred times before.

Oh look. Corridor. Oh look. Open area. WOW KILL ALIEN THINGS. Oh look. Warthog. Oh look. Another open area.

Throw in a generic Sci-Fi plot into a generic (albiet technically brilliant) FPS and what do you get? Halo 4.

HOORAY FOR INNOVATION.

It amazes me that so many gamers have a cry about how little games change, but they're quite content to play the exact same formula over and over again when it comes to FPSers.

My only conclusion is that too many people are fooled by pretty graphics that they haven't seen before. They think they're playing a new game, but it's a kind of weird hypnotism that way too many people seem to fall for.

Edited on by Bankai

CanisWolfred

I prefer variation within a formula, rather than the formula itself changing. Hence why I can play FPSes and Fighting games, and most RPG series for that matter. If it worked the first time, usually it's because it's a good thing. I don't see why more of a good thing would be bad.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

I don't think Halo 4 is trying to innovate anything. More or less, it's pulling a CoD4 and perfecting the FPS genre. (Trying at least.)

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Bankai

Jon_Talbain wrote:

I prefer variation within a formula, rather than the formula itself changing. Hence why I can play FPSes and Fighting games, and most RPG series for that matter. If it worked the first time, usually it's because it's a good thing. I don't see why more of a good thing would be bad.

It's when you've played the same damn game for the 50th time in a single year, and just about every big-budget game uses that same formula, that there's a problem.

If I'm playing a game years in the making, and a game that cost a hundred million to make, I want to play a game that doesn't, within literally one minute, tell me "hey you know that game you played a decade ago? Here we go again."

Seriously. If you've played Halo, you've played this game. Your $60 or whatever is going towards a few new maps and a handful of new enemies (that behave like the last enemies more or less anyway).

Chrono_Cross

What about the completely new campaign? You're exaggerating about the "lack of new content."

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

CactusJackson wrote:

What about the completely new campaign? You're exaggerating about the "lack of new content."

He'd probably say "It's just the same maps reorganized" or something like that and go back to playing Dynasty Warriors.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Jon_Talbain wrote:

CactusJackson wrote:

He'd probably say "It's just the same maps reorganized" or something like that and go back to playing Dynasty Warriors.

It's almost like WaltzElf is a hypocrite or something.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

odd69

I think borderlands 2 is fps perfection. Ill never go back to COD. yall can have that franchise.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

CanisWolfred

@WhiteKnight Don't get me wrong, I can understand where he's coming from - Halo 3 was indeed a glorified expansion pack with obviously little effort in its singleplayer (Mostly bland singleplayer maps, poor AI, very few new weapons (if any), very few new enemies, and a secondary item system that works better in Multi than single). However, from what I've seen of Halo 4, it seems to be much better about that. New weapons, new enemies, maps that seem to have some amount of thought put into them, better AI - I think that alone will satisfy me.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

odd69

Tweeted from Randy Pitchford and Gearbox these codes are good til sunday

"PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Maya Skin in Borderlands 2:
KTCTJ-ZHCKB-BKKW3-STCJT-3FZTW

"Unlock Salvador the Gunzerker's spooky "Killer Bee" customization in Borderlands 2
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: C3W3B-5JX5J-3C55J-ZJWTJ-RH3HR

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

AlexSays

WhiteKnight wrote:

Oh look. Corridor. Oh look. Open area.

You mean to tell me Halo only has open and closed areas? Not all the other types of areas?

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

moomoo

AlexSays wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Oh look. Corridor. Oh look. Open area.

You mean to tell me Halo only has open and closed areas? Not all the other types of areas?

I couldn't help but laugh hysterically when I saw this. Don't know why I found it funny, but I did.
And yeah, I love Halo, so whatevs.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

zezhyrule

Picked up the ZOE HD Collection

Unlike the original game, the fact that this includes a demo of some Metal Gear game did not influence my purchase at all. Probably because unlike MGS2, MGR does not look interesting to me. Oh well, I guess they cluttered up the box art (advertising the MGR demo) just for good old times.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Dezner

I still need to open my ZOE box.

And I wanted to buy Okami HD on day one and play, but the funds for non-limited items are few and far between. >_<

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.