Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 9,907

Slapshot

@Swerd... it wasnt you sorry lol. I regestered and it says that I will recieve a email and I still havent recieved any kind of email or anything. If you hit the tab for input of the answers it says, "have you played the Four Days Senario", and doesnt let you input anything. Im guessing at some point a email will shoot to me. I used my Europe accound and US account.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

Well, my brother started playing White Knight Chronicles today, and he's enjoying it thus far. A coworker at GameStop said it was too Japanese for her tastes, or something along those lines, so fans of Mass Effect/Oblivion/Fallout/whatever are certainly NOT guaranteed to like this. You'd think that would be obvious, but...maybe not.

From what I know about it (which isn't much, as I've ignored the hype machine quite successfully all these years...a good habit to avoid disappointment), it sounds pretty good. I'ma have to give it a try sometime. But I'm busy getting sucked back into Pokémon right now, having poured about ten hours into Collesseum today (not a lot to do with the blizzard going on right now...but at least the power's still on! Also, the game's CRAZY addictive for no apparent reason.).

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

Heavy Rain is absolutely increcible. If you are playing it expecting Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill, Uncharted type controls etc, well its a interactive point and click game. Game come from the likes of Dreamfall, Syberia, Myst, Indigo Prophecy, etc. Its not a 3rd person action game. The graphics are better than Uncharted and the mood of the game is incredibly dark and unsettling. The way the characters move is so incredibly life like and no you dont run around and its slow paced to feel very lifelike, and it does. If everything holds together through the whole game..... well, Im sure we are looking at a serious contender for another system selling game.

AlexSays

Heavy Rain won't sell systems

It's one of those games that people with the system might pay serious attention to but it doesn't have the mainstream appeal to make people suddenly go 'hey I think I'll go buy a PS3 now!'

I can even see Sony being disappointed with the sales of this one.

AlexSays

Trevor_Fox

I just borrowed Demon's Souls from my cousin. I didn't know this game had a filter! Sweet! Anyway, I'm lovin' it. It's a pretty awesome game, and while frustrating, gives a vast sense of accomplishment for defeating a boss or discovering something on your own. I just wish I had someone to play it with. =( Ah, well. I guess I'll get the game whenever I can and play it with my cousin. =D

I'm in New Game + and I've figured out how to net around 800,000 souls in about 1 hour and 6 min. It's the fastest way I've seen for levelin' up unless you just save all the archdemons for one massive slaughtering.

Wii #: 2957-6808-2293-0954
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky FC: 2235-6850-1352
PSN: Trevor_Fox
-Try out my Littlebigplanet levels! =)

Stuffgamer1

I'm with AlexSays on this one...Heavy Rain isn't a system seller. Matter of fact, I really haven't heard ANYONE who doesn't already have a PS3 talking about it at all.

To be honest though, I've always found the concept of a "system seller" to be a bit odd, at least if taken literally as "this one game is enough to make a person buy the system." If I didn't know somebody who bought an Xbox 360 specifically for Lost Odyssey and plans to get a Wii for the next Zelda, I wouldn't believe anybody actually DID that! Personally, it'd take at LEAST three games to make me snag a system.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

CanisWolfred

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Matter of fact, I really haven't heard ANYONE who doesn't already have a PS3 talking about it at all.

Ya you do: Me. And Heavy Rain is definitely top of my list if I ever actually get a PS3. It looks awesome!

And people buying a system for one or two games is actually pretty common. I know my brother bought the Xbox 360 for Call of Duty 4 and Gears of War 2(the Xbox's system Seller), and all his friends got it for just for COD4(and a few others, depending on the person). Every system I got was for one single game - I got the Nintendo 64 for Super Smash Bros., The Playstation for Digimon World, The Gameboy for Pokemon, The Gamecube for Super Smash Bros. Melee, and The DS for Super Mario 64 DS(and I kept it for Meteos). The Wii was a gift, but I wanted it solely for Metroid and Zelda, and I know plenty of others who got it just for Wii Sports and/or Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Stuffgamer1

@Mickeymac: All right, one, then. Though I really meant in person, and that includes among customers at GameStop.

As for that other stuff...you've at least played other games on the same systems, right? Like...those games were the MAIN games you wanted the systems for, but not literally the ONLY ones?

SwerdMurd

While I agree broadly with Heavy Rain not being a system seller, my friend from out-of-town was actually over tonight, played the Heavy Rain demo on my PS3, and promptly decided he was buying one. He's trying to figure out how to spin it for his wife, but will probably have one within the week.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Slapshot

Swerd_Murd wrote:

While I agree broadly with Heavy Rain not being a system seller, my friend from out-of-town was actually over tonight, played the Heavy Rain demo on my PS3, and promptly decided he was buying one. He's trying to figure out how to spin it for his wife, but will probably have one within the week.

Yep that is how I meant system seller. If someone gets this game in there hands and doesnt own a HD system and is somewhat interested, I think this game on graphics alone could do it. I basically meant, just like Uncharted 2 is part of the catalogue that sells PS3s I think Heavy Rain will be Very High on the list oh High Quality game to buy a PS3 for. Sorry I didnt think that statement would be taken so literally.

@Trevor..... Dude you already beat the game lol. Whats the deal with New Game+ ? Do you get to retain your level and all your stuff that you have stored? I would love to get into some online with you but its actually pretty hard to make it work. Me and my brother have been within 10 levels of eachother and have tried many times to Co-Op and couldnt get it to work. I think Im like level 55 now. How do you get that many souls, the most Ive accumilated was like 55,000 and I was scared as heck so I just used my Miracle and warped to the Nexus before the boss

Edited on by Slapshot

Sean007s

Does anyone know if Sonic Ultimate Genisis Collection has PS3-Trophies?
I want to get ready for Sonic 4 by playing all the old Sonic games again but I want to know if it has trophies?

It would be awesome to obtain trophies in the old Sonic games for say:Obtaining an Emerald for the first time.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

SwerdMurd

@Sean - it does--one for every game on the collection and a platinum for getting them all. And yes--The first Sonic's is actually obtaining an emerald for the first time IRL-lol-ed when I read that since I had the EXACT same thought process when I discovered it. The fact that it's 3sonics+knuckles (no lock ), both shining forces, all streets of rage, all 4 phantasy stars, and shining in darkness was nuts. Also you get all Golden Axes....love that thing.

Easy platinum though and 40 or so non-platinum trophies.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Sean007s

Swerd_Murd wrote:

@Sean - it does--one for every game on the collection and a platinum for getting them all. And yes--The first Sonic's is actually obtaining an emerald for the first time IRL-lol-ed when I read that since I had the EXACT same thought process when I discovered it. The fact that it's 3sonics+knuckles (no lock ), both shining forces, all streets of rage, all 4 phantasy stars, and shining in darkness was nuts. Also you get all Golden Axes....love that thing.

Easy platinum though and 40 or so non-platinum trophies.

Speaking of Sonic&Knuckles,how does the lock-on work in this PS3 game?
Or is it just a title on its own like in Sonic Mega Collection Plus?

Edited on by Sean007s

Knux

@Sean007s-Nope, Sonic & Knuckles is a title of it's own. You cannot play the lock-on games, whick sucks. I will be waiting for Sonic & Knuckles on the VC for lock-on goodness.

Knux

Sean007s

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

@Sean007s-Nope, Sonic & Knuckles is a title of it's own. You cannot play the lock-on games, whick sucks. I will be waiting for Sonic & Knuckles on the VC for lock-on goodness.

WHA?!?!
But but.....Sonic3&Knuckles is the best Sonic game of all time.....
Is Sonic CD in this game??

Knux

@Sean007-The only Sonic collection Sonic CD is in is Sonic Gems Collection. Sega needs to release Sonic CD on either the VC, PSN, or XBLA.

Knux

odd69

I won't be buying Heavy Rain but with enough hype, i will rent it. So i'm late on buying Borderlands but i finally got it and it totally blew my mind, I even want to say it was better than Fallout 3, but Fallout 3 had a better storyline. This game rules though and was one of the best 60$ purchases ever.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Stuffgamer1

@Sean007s: Yeah, I'm still not too happy about the lack of lock-on in SUGC, especially considering they gave a BS excuse why it wasn't present (supposedly, they had to choose between lock-on and ALL NINE unlockable Arcade and Master System games, which is completely absurd). Even so, the collection is a great deal at the current $20 asking price (it was great for the $30 I paid at release) with games that would run WELL past $100 altogether on VC AND a few games that still aren't available on VC at all (the crown jewel of which is Golden Axe Warrior, if you like good Zelda clones).

Trevor_Fox

slapshot82 wrote:

@Trevor..... Dude you already beat the game lol. Whats the deal with New Game+ ? Do you get to retain your level and all your stuff that you have stored? I would love to get into some online with you but its actually pretty hard to make it work. Me and my brother have been within 10 levels of eachother and have tried many times to Co-Op and couldnt get it to work. I think Im like level 55 now. How do you get that many souls, the most Ive accumilated was like 55,000 and I was scared as heck so I just used my Miracle and warped to the Nexus before the boss

Lol. I know, but I can't help it. I find this game very addicting. New Game+ allows you to retain all of your spells and items and such (minus a few like keys), and let's you replay through the game, however; the enemies are now harder. They hit harder and have more HP and such. I would suggest seriously levelin' up before tryin' to go to New Game+. Oh, and you can keep on doing this and go to New Game++, New Game+++, etc. Oh, yeah. And the enemies drop more souls on New Game+, which really helps.

And that's actually part of how I get so many Souls so fast. I'm on New Game+ (right at the end actually) and what I do is (keep in mind my character is a mage build), get the Monk's Headwrappings, Rune Sheild, Wooden Catalyst, Insanity Catalyst, Ring of Magical Sharpness, Ring of Avarice, Soul of Thirst Spell, and the big fireball spell, and I warp to the Adjudicator's Archstone. Then I run forward, fall off the ledge, turn around and run down the hall toward where the grim reaper and all of his summons are. I then activate the soul of thirst and switch to my Insanity Catalyst (it halves your MP but deals more magical damage). I then walk forward and straight off the ledge. Now I'm at the bottom of the stairs facing the grim reaper, but two of his lackeys are in the way. I use the fireball spell on one to one-shot it, then I one-shot the reaper. He goes down and I collect around 16,542 souls (since you're in the first playthrough of the game, you should receive around 9,200 Souls). Now I just turn around and run off the edge of the cliff and repeat. You can do this in a little under a minute with this strategy. I just recently got 1,250,000 souls in 1 hour and 6 minutes.

I want to add that there is relatively few things that can go wrong using this method that is not the fault of the player, but what can go wrong here. First, make sure that the flying Stingray that's just outside cannot one-shot you. Since you're not going to be wearing the Cling Ring, this is a problem. If you think you can dodge his attack, that's fine, but if it bothers you (like it does me because he killed me whenever I had accumulated 300,000 souls >=( ), then raise up you're vitality. Another problem is that sometimes, one of the Reaper's summons will fall down from the platform from up above and attack you. This happens very, VERY rarely, but it's still happened to me. While it's never killed me, it's thrown off my pattern a little bit. The final thing that can go wrong is due to the player's fault. After I kill the Grim Reaper, I have to switch back to my Wooden Catalyst before I run off the cliff. Doing this ensures that I'll regain ALL of my MP when I revive at the Archstone, and that I won't have to use any spices. Oh, and one more thing I just thought about. Make sure that you don't equip the Soul Thirst spell until you're at the entrance to the Reaper's room. Sometimes the spell wears off early, which is annoying.

I'm at Soul Level 148. The co-op can be frustrating, and is one of the things I think they could've done better with this game, but I'm not sure how to make it work per se. I'm borrowin' my cousin's game, so I haven't got to try out co-op with him. Only thing I know about co-op for sure is that: you can't be invaded while in soul form, whenever you're in Body Form go and kill yourself in the Nexus so you don't damage your World Tendency, laying out a Blue Soul Shard (I think it's called that) let's other people summon you to their world, or in the case of World 3-2 through 3-4, may get you summoned by the Old Monk to fight another player. I don't know how the system works with friends, though.

EDIT: And I also need to add that, I have 260 MP. Soul Thirst takes up 200 MP while each cast of the Fireball spell takes 20 MP. I'm able to do this Soul gathering trick without using any Spices right now because of my high MP level. It doesn't really matter if you have to use any or not as there's a guy who sells Spices to you for dirt cheap (compared to other vendors) in the hallway before the grim reaper room, but it just helps everything to flow a bit faster.

And I'm playin' New Game+, ++, etc, because I want to get all the swords and magic and whatnot. I'm actually not doing it for the trophies. This game just makes me want to try and get everything. =D

Edited on by Trevor_Fox

Wii #: 2957-6808-2293-0954
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky FC: 2235-6850-1352
PSN: Trevor_Fox
-Try out my Littlebigplanet levels! =)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.