Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 8,701 to 8,720 of 9,907

zezhyrule

IAmNotWill wrote:

I want this so bad D:
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Combo-Pack-Ratchet-Playstation...
I wish they didn't raise the price on this. It was $60 a month ago.

It's just a game (which is $12 on amazon, btw) and a blue controller (which is $47 on amazon), right? Or is there something else special about it? Because buying them separately would be a whole lot cheaper.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

RR529

Just saw the trailer for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. It's a Ninja Gaiden spinoff (quite obviously) made by Keiji Inafune. You play as an undead ninja brought back to life to kill zombies, and to take revenge on the one that killed you, Ryu Hayabusa.

This came out of nowhere!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Bankai

RR529 wrote:

Just saw the trailer for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. It's a Ninja Gaiden spinoff (quite obviously) made by Keiji Inafune. You play as an undead ninja brought back to life to kill zombies, and to take revenge on the one that killed you, Ryu Hayabusa.

This came out of nowhere!

Damn. It coulda been so good.

RR529

^What's wrong with Inafune? He made Mega Man, didn't he?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Chrono_Cross

The plot sounds ridiculously, uh, what would you call it? Stupid?

I'm sure it'll be decent but come on now.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Bankai

RR529 wrote:

^What's wrong with Inafune? He made Mega Man, didn't he?

And then proceeded to get himself miserable at his job at Capcom. Rather than do what most dissatisfied employees do and simply quit, Inafune turned on the "poor, put upon artist" act to get back at Capcom and the rest of the Japanese games industry (because it's all their problem, not his, right).

And then, rather than do what most public crybabies do and leave it at that, he now takes every public speaking opportunity he can find to get up on stage and say "the Japanese games industry needs to do this and this and this, or it's going to die. Oh, and by the way, I've got a game coming that does this and this and this!"

And because Capcom and other Japanese games publishers are corporations, and therefore evil, Inafune gets to be the white knight for Japanese games developers.

Well, I'm on to him. He's a scum self promoter, and a reasonable game developer, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited on by Bankai

Aviator

irken004 wrote:

There's a demo for Resident Evil 6 with online co-op

I still think the Sherry/Jake demo was the best. Again, Leon/Helena was 2nd.

It's not gonna be better than 5 though I don't think. The movement system doesn't sit well with me.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

IAmNotWill

zezhyrule wrote:

IAmNotWill wrote:

I want this so bad D:
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Combo-Pack-Ratchet-Playstation...
I wish they didn't raise the price on this. It was $60 a month ago.

It's just a game (which is $12 on amazon, btw) and a blue controller (which is $47 on amazon), right? Or is there something else special about it? Because buying them separately would be a whole lot cheaper.

About the same price. A month back it was like $57 or $58 and some change. But yeah buying them separately would be a lot cheaper now. I just really want that blue controller.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

Chrono_Cross

Resident Evil 6 has Leon. That automatically makes it better than 5.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

k8sMum

finally got a PS3! it should arrive in the post by tuesday. yay!!

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

MikeDanger

Anyone have a decent pawn to recruit in Dragon's Dogma? I'm in my level 40's and it's hard to find a decent strider, sorcerer, fighter. Is like everyone wants to be a mage and warrior,myself included lol.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

RR529

One of these days I'm going to get a PSN card, right now our PS3 is only used for my dad's MLB the Show game & Netflix, and I haven't touched it for no apparent reason whatsoever.

I'm nearing the point at which I'll be able to buy a points card, but it's like Nintendo wants to prevent me from doing so, lol (I've had a little over $20 sitting on my eShop account for about a month & a half, and just when I'm about ready to get a PSN points card, Ninty's going to be releasing Denpa Men & Cave Story + back to back, effectively draining my eShop account).

When (if) I finally get some money into PSN, what is a good JRPG I could get? I wouldn't like anything too difficult, and have enjoyed games like Kingdom Hearts series, Tales of the Abyss, various Mario RPGs, some FFs (Particularly FFX), Sword of Hope II (3DS VC), and Pokémon.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Bankai

RR529 wrote:

One of these days I'm going to get a PSN card, right now our PS3 is only used for my dad's MLB the Show game & Netflix, and I haven't touched it for no apparent reason whatsoever.

I'm nearing the point at which I'll be able to buy a points card, but it's like Nintendo wants to prevent me from doing so, lol (I've had a little over $20 sitting on my eShop account for about a month & a half, and just when I'm about ready to get a PSN points card, Ninty's going to be releasing Denpa Men & Cave Story + back to back, effectively draining my eShop account).

When (if) I finally get some money into PSN, what is a good JRPG I could get? I wouldn't like anything too difficult, and have enjoyed games like Kingdom Hearts series, Tales of the Abyss, various Mario RPGs, some FFs (Particularly FFX), Sword of Hope II (3DS VC), and Pokémon.

On PSN, not PSOne Classics? Legasista, any Atelier games that are on it, Hyperdimension Neptunia. These are not difficult to play, and very traditional JRPGs.

RR529

zezhyrule wrote:

FFIX

No questions, just get it n_n

My past with FF has been kind of hit & miss, which is why I'm a little skeptical about diving into an FF game.

On my GBA I had FFI, FFII, & FFIV. I got lost quickly in FFI. I beat FFII, but it wasn't outstanding. I really enjoyed FFIV, but got lost later in the game (on the moon). I was 12 or 13 the last time I played them, though...

I had (and adored) FFX on PS2, however. It's actually one of my favorite games of all time.

I'll probably get hate for this, but I also enjoyed the cinematic ride that was Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: the Crystal Bearers.

One aspect of IV I didn't like was what I believe is called the "active-time battle system", Where the game used turn based combat, but your characters had a little bar that had to recharge before you could use them again. No other JRPG I've played has used anything like that, but I've heard the PS1 FF's still used it, which is another thing that's putting me off.

EDIT - @OlympicCho, PSone Classics are fine too. I just don't frequent the PS3 that often, so I didn't know they don't fall under the "PSN" branch

I'll look up the games you recommended sometime tomorrow (going off to bed now), thanks!

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.