Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 9,907

Sean007s

Would it be too late to buy Bioshock 1?
Is it any good??

(I love the graphics and they still look good today)

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Dezner

Sean007s wrote:

Would it be too late to buy Bioshock 1?
Is it any good??

(I love the graphics and they still look good today)

Nah, it's not too late. I got my copy for $20 at Best Buy a few months back. My roomie and other friends love the game and from what I've seen so far, I agree even though I have yet to play it.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

y2josh

Having major problems right now. I came home stripped down and got all situated before booting up my ps3. Turned the ps3 on and it stays black. Unhooked the hdmi cord from the tv and the ps3 and this did not help. So, using the same HDMI cable i figure I could play my 360. It turns on and I go to netflix. As soon as I start to watch a movie It starts flashing green and says HDCP signal lost. Anyone ever had this happen. At first I thought my ps3 was dead, but now I'm thinking its the cord or something else.

y2josh

y2josh

Well after 2 hours of fooling with it and about to freak out... all i had to do was turn my tv off and on again. I have no idea why it done that. POS.

y2josh

Dezner

Yeah, my roomie's TV is fickle like that sometimes as well. Turning it off and on again usually helps, or turning off the receiver as well.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Slapshot

Brother-in-law had the same problem but it was his HDMI cord had to be replaced.

Infinity Ward finally patched MW2 THANK GOD
Most all the problems that have been going on have now been fixed. Hit dection is a LOT better now and all those annoying glitches are now gone.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

@y2josh: I get that black screen thing with my PS3 fairly frequently. All I ever have to do is press the signal switch button on my TV remote a couple of times to let it try to pick it up again. My 360 never has that problem, which probably does mean the HDMI cable I use for my PS3 is questionable. Either that, or it's the HDMI port on the TV that has the problem. I dunno. It's a mild hassle, but not too bad once you get used to it.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Sean007s

Downloading the Mirror's Edge Demo.
Does anyone like this game?

Its on sale at Argos for like 12 euro brand new.

CanisWolfred

Sean007s wrote:

Downloading the Mirror's Edge Demo.
Does anyone like this game?

Its on sale at Argos for like 12 euro brand new.

I've only played the demo, and it wasn't that fun. But from what I've heard, the demo is poor representation of the full game, anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ItsFuzzyPickles

Here is my updates on me getting an Playstation 3:

Ever since I got into MS DOS gaming, I started to have doubts about me getting an Playstation 3. I mean, I can access hundreads of solid old computer games for free if I use DOSBOX, so why should I need another system? So I decided on "Universal Recommendation/What Game Should I Buy" thread here that I would ask if I should get an Playstation 3. Thanks to an few response, I have reconfirm my plans to get an Playstation 3 this year, perferably before the 2010-2011 school year.

Right now, I can't afford a PS3 because I have no money and no job. Once I turn sixteen, however, I'll be eligable for a job, so I plan on working at Albertson as soon as the first week of May (I turn sixteen on April 20th). Here is my savings plan to get an Playstation 3:

When I get a job, I plan on giving half of my money to my grandparents (They're having a difficult time paying the bills, so I have to do this) and with the money I keep, I will saving three-quarter of it to more important stuff such as food outside of campus on school days, school supplies (Having to borrow an graphic calculator now, since my family does not have one), etc. The rest will go to entertainment stuff, which the majority of it will go to video games.

A Playstation 3 cost $300 without taxes. Sales taxes in my region is 8.25%, which would equal it to $324.75. But that's going to have to be just 25% of the money I keep and I can go no further then 25%. Adding that up and I would need to have $1,299 before I can buy an Playstation 3. But that's just money for me. Remember, I have to give half of that to my family and no less. So adding $1,299 twice would bring it up to an grand total of $2,598.

Texas's minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. My goal is $2,598. I'm a student in my high school, so during the school year, I am planning to work no more then fifteen hours a week and certantly not over twenty hours. If I continue to work fifteen hours a week, I would earn $108.75. There are fourty weeks in a school year, right? In that case, I would make $4,350, which is more then enough for an Playstation 3, be able to help support myself, and my family, benefitting us all (You guys in the smallest amount).

Then I divided $2,598 by $108.75 to see when how many weeks it would be for me to get an Playstation 3. According to my math, it'll take twenty-four weeks.

My birthday is on April 20th. If I started to work on the first week of May, I should be able to afford a Playstation 3 by late-October. This could be a long wait. However, this is not taken into account the more the doubled hours for summertimes, so if I'm lucky, I might have a Playstation 3 by late summer, but don't hold your breath, especially since minimum wages tends to be lower for minors like me in at least the first ninty days. Either way, I'm getting a Playstation 3, regardless of what happens.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

@SSBF: it's going to take you longer than that -- you didn't factor in state (if TX requires it) or federal income tax.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Sean007s

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Here is my updates on me getting an Playstation 3:

Ever since I got into MS DOS gaming, I started to have doubts about me getting an Playstation 3. I mean, I can access hundreads of solid old computer games for free if I use DOSBOX, so why should I need another system? So I decided on "Universal Recommendation/What Game Should I Buy" thread here that I would ask if I should get an Playstation 3. Thanks to an few response, I have reconfirm my plans to get an Playstation 3 this year, perferably before the 2010-2011 school year.

Right now, I can't afford a PS3 because I have no money and no job. Once I turn sixteen, however, I'll be eligable for a job, so I plan on working at Albertson as soon as the first week of May (I turn sixteen on April 20th). Here is my savings plan to get an Playstation 3:

When I get a job, I plan on giving half of my money to my grandparents (They're having a difficult time paying the bills, so I have to do this) and with the money I keep, I will saving three-quarter of it to more important stuff such as food outside of campus on school days, school supplies (Having to borrow an graphic calculator now, since my family does not have one), etc. The rest will go to entertainment stuff, which the majority of it will go to video games.

A Playstation 3 cost $300 without taxes. Sales taxes in my region is 8.25%, which would equal it to $324.75. But that's going to have to be just 25% of the money I keep and I can go no further then 25%. Adding that up and I would need to have $1,299 before I can buy an Playstation 3. But that's just money for me. Remember, I have to give half of that to my family and no less. So adding $1,299 twice would bring it up to an grand total of $2,598.

Texas's minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. My goal is $2,598. I'm a student in my high school, so during the school year, I am planning to work no more then fifteen hours a week and certantly not over twenty hours. If I continue to work fifteen hours a week, I would earn $108.75. There are fourty weeks in a school year, right? In that case, I would make $4,350, which is more then enough for an Playstation 3, be able to help support myself, and my family, benefitting us all (You guys in the smallest amount).

Then I divided $2,598 by $108.75 to see when how many weeks it would be for me to get an Playstation 3. According to my math, it'll take twenty-four weeks.

My birthday is on April 20th. If I started to work on the first week of May, I should be able to afford a Playstation 3 by late-October. This could be a long wait. However, this is not taken into account the more the doubled hours for summertimes, so if I'm lucky, I might have a Playstation 3 by late summer, but don't hold your breath, especially since minimum wages tends to be lower for minors like me in at least the first ninty days. Either way, I'm getting a Playstation 3, regardless of what happens.

All i did was save up and within 4 weeks i got a PS3. lolz

ItsFuzzyPickles

@Sean007s: That's mainly because you put all the money you've earned on the PS3 while saving for it. I however cannot achieve the same thing without sacerficing important areas. I have to give half of my money to my grandparents and save three-fourth of my money for more important stuffs. My grandparents are retired, so I'm putting especially high focus on them.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Sean007s

Hmm well anyway hope you get the PS3.
Its a good console,not.

Its a BRILLANTLY WELL DESGINED PIECE OF HARDWARE!

Stuffgamer1

@SSBF: I applaud your ability to plan it out so well (even though, as TBD said, you didn't account for any possible income tax that'll be deducted from your paychecks automatically), as well as your focus on important spending above gaming. I'm not really too good at either.

It may take you a while, but I'm guessing you'll appreciate the thing even more as a result. We'll be happy to have you join the PS3-owning community whenever you get the chance.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

ItsFuzzyPickles

@Stuffgamer1: Thank you very much for that. Expect me on PSN sometimes in Q3 or Q4 of 2010, which was my original goal when I get an PS3 anyway.

@Stuffgamer1 and theblackdragon: The main reason why I did not include income tax is because I know that it'll be deducted anyway and October is an rough estimate in when I'll be able to afford it. During the summertimes, I want to get fourty-hour weekly in every week so I can accerlate that progress. If I were to do fifteen hours weekly, it would be sometimes during the holiday before I can even afford the system. Just wanted to let you people know.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Slapshot

@SSB..... That is a good thing you are doing for your grandparents man. It really cool to see someone your age do something like that. Hope you can get it though, as I think you will really like the system and the community here makes it even better.

...... MW2 annoyance AGAIN...... seems like now that all the other dumb glitches are fixed, Im getting spawned killed horribly. I mean sometimes spawining in front of the guy that killed me 3-5 times, bad. OR spawning right in the middle of the enemies. Man is it getting annoying.

@Sean007s...... I actually loved Mirrors Edge. Its a very creative game and fun as hell. You will have a blast with it. OH.... last night when the patch hit on MW2, I did a search on it and the link that popped up was to a forum, and you name was the in the description of the link. Im sure there is no othere Sean007s lol. Just thought that was kinda cool.

Edited on by Slapshot

Sean007s

slapshot82 wrote:

@SSB..... That is a good thing you are doing for your grandparents man. It really cool to see someone your age do something like that. Hope you can get it though, as I think you will really like the system and the community here makes it even better.

...... MW2 annoyance AGAIN...... seems like now that all the other dumb glitches are fixed, Im getting spawned killed horribly. I mean sometimes spawining in front of the guy that killed me 3-5 times, bad. OR spawning right in the middle of the enemies. Man is it getting annoying.

@Sean007s...... I actually loved Mirrors Edge. Its a very creative game and fun as hell. You will have a blast with it. OH.... last night when the patch hit on MW2, I did a search on it and the link that popped up was to a forum, and you name was the in the description of the link. Im sure there is no othere Sean007s lol. Just thought that was kinda cool.

If it was on the Official Playstation forums then yes that was me!
I had issues with the new MW2 Patch but its fixed now!

While MW2 does have issues...atleast they're being fixed.
YAY IM FAMOUS XD

Slapshot

@Sean.... yeah it was you it was the official forums. Im sending Infinity Ward a suggetion email about the spawning, and Im sure it will be fixid within too long. I know several people who have already done the same thing. They arent going to let it just stay that way, that is for sure. The patch did really help out with a lot of the unbalance. The running perks seem to be toned down, and they dont dissapear right before the stab, making them invincible and they dont move as fast. The shotguns arent ridicious anymore, so Im happy.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.