Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 9,907

skyerunner23

I plan on buying a ps3 around valentines day with me parents tax return money (long story) and im buying a Slim

and im WAY to lazy to read 42 pages of news lol so i was just wondering
With a limited amount of money what are some gems that i would need to buy?

psn: Skyerunner

y2josh

Valkyria Chronicles, I've not played the whole game yet, but it can't be beat for 20 dollars.

y2josh

Dezner

y2josh wrote:

Valkyria Chronicles, I've not played the whole game yet, but it can't be beat for 20 dollars.

This!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Objection

My roommate got a Ps3 this past weekend, with the latest Madden and MW2, the latter of which I played halfway through in one night. I also bought The Force Unleashed to play on it (as I also plan to get my own this summer, or possibly sooner.)

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

SwerdMurd

@Silent_and_Wolf - yeah Heavy Rain is my random impulse buy this year...last year it was Infamous, and that remains one of the most fun games I've played to date. I actually have one friend getting GoW3, another who has Bayonetta and is getting Dante's Inferno, and I'm of course also getting FF13. If I didn't have gaming friends with my console it'd be much harder to make spending decisions

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

skyerunner23

how long is Valkyria Chronicles going to be $20 or is that like the permanant price?

Slapshot

3D Dot Hero, Heavy Rain, Bioshock 2, God of War 3 and Bayonetta are prob the only other games Ill be getting this year. Ill prob buy either Bayonetta or Bioshock 2 after 3D. Heavy Rain looks so incredible. I cant wait to play or I guess better yet, Experience it. Im still addicted to MW2 though, and now working on Spec Ops some. lol. Love that game.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

@sumba9763: That should actually be the permanent price at this point. I wouldn't advise waiting too long to get it though, 'cause I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued.

Update on Tank Battles: Turns out the game is actually about a million times easier in co-op (which moronically, is local play only). Looks like I should be able to finish off my 100% Trophies after all!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

y2josh

@sumba9763: what stuffgamer1 said. I bought the last copy at my local wal mart a few weeks ago.

Anyone else planning on getting White Knight Chronicles other than me? Game looks awesome. Eurogamer and PSMagazine UK both gave it an 8/10 according to wikipedia, saying the only gripes were the online play, which doesn't bother me in the least.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

skyerunner23

oh dang i have to wait til valentines dayish to get my ps3

i plan on buying White Knight Chronicles after i get soem old gems done im kinda choosing between Valkryia and Dead Space as of right now cause i can get my step dad to pay twards one game

y2josh

Well, after checking amazon.com they are selling Valkyria for 37.99 new now from their warehouse, so I'd say they are running low. I'd check your local WalMart 20 dollar bin, if they have that at yours.

y2josh

Stuffgamer1

It's $20 at GameStop as well, if that helps.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

odd69

y2josh wrote:

@sumba9763: what stuffgamer1 said. I bought the last copy at my local wal mart a few weeks ago.

Anyone else planning on getting White Knight Chronicles other than me? Game looks awesome. Eurogamer and PSMagazine UK both gave it an 8/10 according to wikipedia, saying the only gripes were the online play, which doesn't bother me in the least.

Yes i am going to get it day one, if not then I'll be sure to pick up my copy the week after. I'll add you as soon as i get it and we can quest online, that would rock

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

skyerunner23

alright i might just have to get both

SilentJ

I still haven't finished BioShock but I really want to preorder part 2 from GameStop for the exclusive online characters. This wouldn't be a problem if White Knight Chronicles didn't look so danged good! I'm contemplating passing on BioShock 2 for now so I could get WKC. I'll let you guys know what I decide.

PSN ID : MrPink78

skyerunner23

Are there Demos out for either game right now?

Slapshot

@SilentJ.... Im a HUGE fan of Bioshock and I would be really suprised if Bioshock 2 isnt going to be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING LOL Im hoping for the best with White Knight Chronicles, but the videos of it I watched on PSN has me kinda doubting the combat style. Im not sure if its MY taste. That is just me though.

GREAT PS3 NEWS!!!!!!!
Sony is expected to report a 1.1 BILLION DOLLAR PROFIT from October to Dec 2009!!!!!
http://www.pushsquare.com/10654/shock-horror-sony-actually-ma...

Sammy gave MAG a Perfect Rating!
http://www.pushsquare.com/10633/mag-on-playstation-3-review/

Battlefield 2 Demo NEXT WEEK!
http://www.pushsquare.com/10645/battlefield-bad-company-2-dem...

odd69

BioShock was indeed one badas* game. The visuals were down right the best, and i still haven't seen water effects done like that before.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Slapshot

@odd.... you dang right on that one. I rember spending a ton of time just walking around looking at stuff. Rapture was so well created I cant wait to get back in and start fraggin some Big Sisters.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.