Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 9,907

Slapshot

@Slappy.... Oh I know man, I just dont really like to Recommend games, as if someone gets its and doesnt like it, I would in turn feel like crap

I actually am now running AT&T 6.0 Meg Gaming Package Service and Im using their highest Modem with built in Wifi and OMG Flippin Crap is my Internet Flippin Fast as Hell. Its NAT Type 2 wich is a good thing because its doesnt allow full access, but it allow full online play. I havent lagged a dang bit. Its only $50 a month too.

@Strofan..... My Lynksys Router was connected by with No Security at all. Full Access and no Security Settings to allow my DS and PS3 to connect, its the only way that worked without problems.

@y2josh..... glad your liking them. Street Fighter Table is just plain incredible.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

SwerdMurd

@everyone - go preorder 3D Dot Game Heroes if you haven't already! Not that I need to mention that to Wolfram

So Zen Pinball is worth it huh? I played the demo and it felt like there was a delay between pressing R or L and the flippers actually moving, whereas the Midway collection was spot on in all regards (which I already own). The tribute tables have looked tempting for a while now though...might bite the bullet and spend 5 more bucks, as I already tossed $7.50 at Braid

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

y2josh

I thought it was worth the money and I haven't noticed any delay myself. I don't have any other pinball games so thats why i went ahead and got this one and I enjoy it very much.
I plan on preordering it.

y2josh

Stuffgamer1

@WolfRamHeart: Sure, maybe. My brother was going to go ahead and download it, I think, so I may wind up playing with him mostly. I'm not generally big on multiplayer outside of what's necessary to earn Trophies. Even with Uncharted 2, good as the game is, I've played almost no multiplayer at all. Just not my thing, I guess. MIght work better if we had a big group of NLifers playing, but tha'td be a pain to set up, I'm sure.

@Slappy: You calling me Slappy again?

@Swerd_Murd: I reserved that right after its American release was announced. So excited!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@Stuffy..... lolz sorry bout that. I was telling my friend about the nickname and appartely typed it.

• Uncharted 2 is getting new DLC next week for Online Multiplayer in the form of DCL Skins.

@Swerd.... Ive heard the Williams collection has a bit better ball movement. Every now and then the ball will have a small unusual reaction but its always in the users favor it seems lol. Its rare and Ive never really seen anything that hurts the gameplay. For only $5 bucks its hard to complain at all the content.

• Im stopping by Gamestop and PrOrdering my copy today for 3 Dot Heroes. Prob going to be one of the few games I buy this year, with Bioshock 2 and GoW3

Firkraag

Anybody played Demon's Souls ? I'm thinking about getting this along with a friend, how hard is it to get into a co-op game with friends over PSN, the review on GT mentioned it wasn't always easy. And did you like the game?

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

SilentJ

@slapshot82
Can't freakin' wait to play as Sev, Nathan, Chimera, etc. It would've been funny seeing Sackboy running around blasting people away. Also, imagine Kratos shredding everyone apart with the Blades of Chaos.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Slapshot

@Fikraag... yeah just turned Demon Souls off after another couple hour marathon of it. Its only one of the BEST games Ive ever played. Very few gamers are as deep and rewarding as Demon Souls. I wish Sony would ReHype the game. It seriously deserves its own Playstation 3 Slim Bundle. I would trade in one of my FatPS3s for it for sure. Its a really hard game to get started with, as the difficulty is so hard at first, but after the initial ten hours or so dropped into the game it gets much easier. Then things get really fun and once you start getting some good weapons, its gets even better. The game will make you feel like the Ultimate Bada$$ Getting into a friends online game is tough as you have to be withing a few Soul Levels of eachother, but I wouldnt let that be a problem as youj will spend so much time talking about what weapon you found where with a friend you will be off collecting loot or upgrading something lol.

@SilentJ.... Sackboy.... that would be awesome. He could even shoot the Paint Gun lol.

@Strofan... if its Moder Warfare that your having problems on, with its prob just MW2. The game has not been running good lately. Especially at night an the load get put on the servers. Even with my insane connection I have now, I still had matches dropped and lag. They will hopefully patch it up soon. Im guessing when the map pack drops. Hopefully they will balance out some weapons and perks too.

Edited on by Slapshot

Stuffgamer1

@WolfRamHeart: With you encouraging everybody to get Critter Crunch, I would've thought it'd be harder to beat you on the friends leaderboard. As it stands, however, I skyrocketed past you and everybody else in only a few hours of play. I now have 100% Trophies in the game, as well, a feat I believe nobody else on my friends list has thus far matched.

Now I'm moving on to Tank Battles. I seem to recall some positive talk of this game closer to release, but lacking in funds as I am, I had to wait until this sale to give it a try. Seems pretty good so far, at least for the price. Anybody wants to play online sometime, just let me know. I've got a lot of playing to do for that 99 online games Trophy.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Slapshot

@Stuffy/Wolfy.... with all the games I now have for Christmas Im being really cautious about buying anything more lol. Im thinking the next PSN game Ill buy will prob be Matt Hazard, but Im going to finish Trine first.

Stuffgamer1

I wonder how it is that I was so completely blindsided by the INSANELY EVIL DIFFICULTLY of Tank Battles. Surely it must've been mentioned among the positive comments here? Castlehominid should've said something, at least (he was very active on that game's boards on PS3Trophies.org). Maybe he did and I just glazed over it. Point is, fair warning going out now: Tank Battles' campaign is ludicrously hard!

Adam

Who would buy the game for campaign mode? Multi-player is where it's at, which is why all the comments are positive. I doubt I played more than five or ten levels of campaign.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Stuffgamer1

Well, you're not a Trophy nut like I am. There are three Trophies (one Bronze, two Silver) that require playing the Campaign. The Silvers are especially bad, 'cause the requirements seem absolutely impossible to me. Of course, I haven't played two-player yet. Hopefully, that really DOES help a lot.

WolfRamHeart

@Stuffgamer1: Wow, you already beat the game and got all the trophies too?! Nice job man! As much as I love the game I haven't put too much time into it lately. I got distracted by Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes on the DS; which is also made by Capy Games. I'm going to try and play some Critter Crunch later tonight.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

SwerdMurd

So. Everyone. I just experienced Heavy Rain.

if you haven't seen the video yourself: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-min... -- all the text is in Finnish but the speech is in English.

I just preordered...I was pretty blown away. It basically shows the first 9 minutes of gameplay, which entail the main character getting up/taking a shower and basically having a typical morning. The presentation and atmosphere, however, were out of this world. I've read how this is the first 100% cell-processor-utilizing game so far, and I believe it after seeing this preview. I can imagine (especially after reading the comments) that a lot of people wouldn't be into this game at all, but you should all check it out for yourselves. I'm quite impressed.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Stuffgamer1

@Swerd_Murd: Yeah...Gametrailers is one of many sites that doesn't really run on my PS3 browser, so I'll have to take your word on that particular video. The game really does look amazing from other stuff I've seen, though. I just wish I could afford to buy it.

WolfRamHeart

@Swerd_Murd: I am actually very interested in Heavy Rain. It looks amazing! I've had my eye on that game for quite some time. I hope that I have enough cash to pick it up when it comes out. Oh and yes I did reserve 3D Dot Game Heroes. As you can already tell, I just can't wait for it to come out.

WolfRamHeart

SilentJ

@Stuffgamer1
I haven't completed the campaign in Tank Battles but I didn't realize it would actually be such a challenge. I need to get back into it and Critter Crunch. Still got Hasbro Family Game night on the back burner. There are just too many games to play!

@Swerd_Murd
I hate to do it but I'm gonna have to pass on Heavy Rain for now. It looks amazing but I'm already planning on getting the God of War 3 collector's edition and one other game.

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

M00se

MAG, uncharted 2, grand turismo, bad company anything but CODMW2

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

Stuffgamer1

I have the GOW3 Ultimate Edition reserved, but am planning to cancel it and reserve Heavy Rain instead. Thinking logically, I REALLY don't need that expensive pack, especially considering I haven't even played the God of War Collection yet.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.