Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 7,481 to 7,500 of 9,907

Bankai

Strofan7 wrote:

Alright so now that the Dark Souls convo has resurfaced, I need to ask you guys which I should play.

I got Demon's Souls awhile back and got about 5-6 hours in and LOVED it, but somehow just never got back around to playing it. Is there still online support with people online to help you? Or should I just get Dark Souls? I'd love to do both but my gaming time has gotten ridiculously limited so I'm just having to pick and choose games I think I'll love instead of everything that interests me. So I'd love any opinions on which to go for! The cost of buying the new game in Dark Souls isn't really a factor for me at the moment.

Dark Souls is far more accessible than Demon's Souls. Go grab that one and see how you go. After completing it, you should get through Demon's Souls a bit better.

Splat

Magi wrote:

Splat wrote:

Anyone played Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning or the demo?

1000/1000 on Xbox as it deserved it. It's a fantastic game and I'm really looking forward to playing through the DLC when I have the time.

I have had it for 2 days and put in about 16 hours of game play... Needless to say I'm a fan.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Bankai

Strofan7 wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Strofan7 wrote:

Alright so now that the Dark Souls convo has resurfaced, I need to ask you guys which I should play.

I got Demon's Souls awhile back and got about 5-6 hours in and LOVED it, but somehow just never got back around to playing it. Is there still online support with people online to help you? Or should I just get Dark Souls? I'd love to do both but my gaming time has gotten ridiculously limited so I'm just having to pick and choose games I think I'll love instead of everything that interests me. So I'd love any opinions on which to go for! The cost of buying the new game in Dark Souls isn't really a factor for me at the moment.

Dark Souls is far more accessible than Demon's Souls. Go grab that one and see how you go. After completing it, you should get through Demon's Souls a bit better.

I'd imagine that's a better fit for me then, thanks for the advice! Out of curiosity, did Atlus cut the servers for Demon's Souls yet?

I really don't know. I'm in Australia, and I'm pretty sure Namco Bandai (which distibuted the game here) has cut their servers.

I always turned the Internet off to play these games though. I prefer the games purely solo play.

On an unrelated note, I got sent a copy of Birds of Steel. Whoo! I can't wait to get into this! Anyone else have the game so we can multiplay?

Splat

I got Enslaved in the mail but can't stop playing Kingdoms of Amalur long enough to play anything else. I sadly only rented KOA so I will start Enslaved when I take it back.

Platypus

Splat wrote:

I got Enslaved in the mail but can't stop playing Kingdoms of Amalur long enough to play anything else. I sadly only rented KOA so I will start Enslaved when I take it back.

Happy to hear this. I played the demo, and loved it, but worried it would become a boring button smasher.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Chrono_Cross

My PS3 died three weeks today. I think I'm going insane.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Splat

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Can you atleast play PSN games?

Ryno

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Going? I always assumed you were already!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Tasuki

Strofan7 wrote:

Splat wrote:

Magi wrote:

Splat wrote:

Anyone played Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning or the demo?

1000/1000 on Xbox as it deserved it. It's a fantastic game and I'm really looking forward to playing through the DLC when I have the time.

I have had it for 2 days and put in about 16 hours of game play... Needless to say I'm a fan.

Sorry to double post, but I just felt I should mention that the owner of the developer for Kingdoms of Amalur is a pro baseball player....

Curt Schilling iirc. Hes a huge MMORPG fan whos logged many hours in Everquest 1 and 2 and now plays World of Warcraft. He wants to eventually make Kingdom Amalur into a series culminating into an MMORPG. Kinda like what Blizzard did with the Warcraft series.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Slapshot

So Europe's Weekly Charts are now live and look, Ninja Gaiden III isn't on the Top 10 List! Guess, Team Ninja's push to destroy one of the best franchises in history to cater to casual gamers isn't paying off — maybe because they don't play these types of games?! Is that surprising? Um.... no!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Splat

The bad reviews for Operation Raccoon City hasn't stopped it from selling. I was at my local Walmart today and they were sold out of the PS3 version.

Edited on by Splat

Chrono_Cross

Ryno wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Going? I always assumed you were already!

D: I am but don't tell anyone! D:

@Splat
No it's totally froze and I have no income at the moment.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Ryno

@Slapshot: Just read your review on Ninja Gaiden III, dang! Oh well, I will be passing on that one now. They should make a Sigma and correct their egregious errors though!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

shingi_70

So Zipper Interactive the studio being Sccom, Mag, and Unit 13 closed down today.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Slapshot

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

I am saddened by the lack of love for Birds of Steel here.

I've got the demo downloaded and am trying it out tomorrow.

@Ryno Yeah man, it was actually quite hard to write that review. Ninja Gaiden is the series that got me into gaming as a hobby back in the mid-80s and to see the franchise crippled so severely is very hard to swallow. Still, I put my emotions aside and wrote the review balanced, but yet, also with a strong warning to the core Ninja Gaiden fans — like myself — who spent $60 of their hard-earned money on the game, regardless of low review scores. I did expect it to not be great, considering that they refused to send out a review copy, but I had no idea it would be quite as bad as it was.

On better news. If you guys love gaming — stupid comment, but here for a reason — then you have to check this out if you're using Google Chrome: (paste to browser)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hdahlabpinmfcemhcbc...

Carbon Games — the developer behind Fat Princess — has their alpha test beta on Chrome for to tryout for free. It's flippin' awesome and you guys have got to check it out.
[youtube:5iuGhLQeaoE]

Edited on by Slapshot

Splat

Started Enslaved while I wait for Kingdoms of Amalur to come in the mail, and very much enjoying it.

shingi_70

Ryno wrote:

@Slapshot: Just read your review on Ninja Gaiden III, dang! Oh well, I will be passing on that one now. They should make a Sigma and correct their egregious errors though!

A sigma wouldn't fix the game since this was there intent. This was the game that the shareholders and the new corrector wanted to make sadly. Hopefully dead or alive is good. Yeah post igataki team ninjas has been petty bad so far. Crape like that vita port wouldn't have went down with him at the regins.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Slapshot

@shingi_70 I have to disagree with one thing. The Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus port for PS Vita is actually really well done and I've been enjoying the heck out having it on a portable. The action runs flawlessly and all the annoying extras can be turned off in the main menu options. I gave the game a 8/10 for Push Square, mostly because I felt that the camera should have been tweaked a bit in the process, otherwise it'd have gotten a 9/10.

But yeah, a Ninja Gaiden Sigma III can't fix the problems with the game. The entire game has been stripped of it's core elements because of Hayashi's new ideas for Team Ninja. If you already don't know: he doesn't like the the sex appeal in their games and has severely stripped it down and he doesn't like that Team Ninja has a niche audience and feels that their hardcore games should appeal to all types of gamers. We see the end result and we also see the sales results. While Tecmo Koei's Omega Studios' is killing it with awesome Dynasty Warriors titles (e.g. DW: Next and DW: Seven), Team Ninja and Hayashi don't vibe well together at all. After putting some time in with Dead or Alive 5, it's good, but it also falls into an overly-cinematic category just like Ninja Gaiden III. It's too easy to land big cinematic moves and it doesn't feel fluid when the action halt for you to select what you want to bash your opponent into, instead of just performing the move. Just like in Ninja Gaiden III, you can press one-button and obliterate you opponents. The overall reception I've seen so far, well, it hasn't been too great, and I understand why.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.