Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 7,301 to 7,320 of 9,907

CanisWolfred

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Most of those games don't interest me. Considering I find most of them to have a history of being average/below average.

...Most of those are actually well regarded, though.:/ While most of the games you listed, though, we don't even know much about. And if we're talking about the series history without even regarding impressions already available, most of those series Chocobo wrote have been going pretty well according to fans, while the series you listed have been going severely downhill according to fans.

Anyways, I guess you could say that this is the year of the Japanese games, which definitely works for me.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Hey Now Assassin's Creed 3 is getting alot of great press from people. (by people I mean the internet).

Not sure how anyone could be excited about Racoon city. It seems that Crapcom doesn't understand that to have a Mutiplayer resident evil sell, all they have to do is up res and release outbreak.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

shingi_70 wrote:

Hey Now Assassin's Creed 3 is getting alot of great press from people. (by people I mean the internet).

Except it was just announced days ago and I can't find any reals details for it outside of a few.

Anyways, I finally got Wipeout HD. It is magical.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Order-Sol wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Except it was just announced days ago and I can't find any reals details for it outside of a few.

Anyways, I finally got Wipeout HD. It is magical.

-Want it to be a jumping on point for new players without losing touch with what longtime fans cherish most.
-New hero called Connor/Ratohnhake:ton (pronounced Ra-doon-ha-gay-doo). He has an English father and Native American mother.
-More details about the protagonist/scenarios: You will experience Conner's childhood on the American frontier as he is raised by the Mohawk. The Mohawk eventually clash with white colonists who burn their village down, causing Connor to dedicate his life to confront tyranny and injustice.
-A new traversal approach that has players leaping and climbing trees and mountain cliffs.
-Uses a new version of the Anvil engine that can "depict thousands of troops engaged in bloody battle" along with highly detailed face close-ups. They later imply that if they used version numbers, they would be like going from Anvil 1.0 -> Anvil 2.0 or something of that nature.
-Judging by the images, the faces really are quite good.
-Combat is focused on putting you on the offensive and based on speed/momentum.
-The main character has thousands of new and unique animations (no carry over from other titles) to support the new combat system.
-Character details:
-George Washington: Interacting with Washington is one of the core relationships of the game.
-Benjamin Franklin: He's not a convenient inventor a la Da Vinci.
-Charles Lee: His role is a mystery.
-The game is set between the years 1753-1783 and is centered around the cities of Boston and New York.
-"It's not just going to a historical building now; it's going to a historical event."
-Event examples: "You will see the great fire of New York. You will visit Valley Forge as a location that is currently occupied by Washington's forces. You will visit these places in the moment that they were important, and hopefully, experience the reason why we know where they are today. That's the goal."
-Connor is in the heart of major battles, and they can now have a couple thousand guys on screen, whereas before it was capped at about 100.
-The overall story is still centered around the Assassins versus the Templars and Connor's journey.
-Not all the Colonists will be cast as good people, and not all the British will be cast as evil oppressors. They're trying to focus on how both the Assassins and Templars viewpoints exist in a gray morality as the Templars really believe they're saving the world.
-The French and Native Americans will also feature in the game, as was probably really obvious.
-The modern day stuff relates to that location in New York at the end of Revelations.
-There will be all sorts of wilderness in the game referred to as the Frontier.
-The map of the Frontier is 1.5 times bigger than the entire map of Brotherhood.
-The Frontier is not empty like in Assassin's Creed 1, but features a third of the game's missions and gameplay content.
-The Frontier also includes colonial settlements like Lexington and Concord and Connor's Mohawk village.
-You can hunt animals for resources, and how you kill them effects your reward. A one hit kill on a bear gets you a much more valuable pelt than stabbing it eight times.
-The wilderness traversal plays a big part in the gameplay in the Frontier, allowing you to use trees, cliffs, ledges, and more to set up kills and combat.
-Connor does have a hidden blade.
-The world changes as time passes, so a field where a battle happened in one year may just be a series of empty encampments a few months later.
-The entire world will change with seasons, so the cities and the wilderness will all exist in both Summer and Winter settings.
-In the winter, soldiers will move slowly and stumble about in the snow, and lakes and rivers will freeze over allowing you new terrain to work with. This gives Connor an extra advantage since he can still use the trees and wilderness pretty effectively during this time of year.
-There are all sorts of clubs and groups who want you to join and give you quests. These are separate from the mission system. These clubs will contact you based on what you do in the game. For example, hunting a lot will get you an invitation to the hunting society.
-There will be a goods based economy, a new property system, and more Desmond stuff.
-There's going to be some new puzzle thing like the first person Tetris.
-There's a new GUI known as Animus 3.0.
-There's a new Animus database written by Shaun Hastings, who makes snarky comments about the British perspective of the war.
-They're not unveiling anything about the multiplayer yet.
-There will be more platforming levels.
-Full synchronization returns, but with major tweaks. Missions have checkpoints, You also get significant rewards for doing these tasks instead of a 100%. "Imagine a leveling system in an RPG, except there's a finite amount of XP to find. The more in-sync you get, the more you fill your sync bar. Within each mission, each activity you complete has a value". You can replay everything to increase your score.
-They imply there is something resembling the Brotherhood system of picking up fellow assassins.
-Aligned groups are gone, but something new is replacing them in regards to factions. They don't say what.
-There's a new notoriety system that is more hidden and doesn't penalize you for exploring risky areas.
-The game has fast travel because the game has more traveling.
-Don't expect more tower defense.
-You can upgrade Connor's gear and costume as the game goes on in an attempt to make it feel more authentic.
-The cities have a lot more subtle detail now in terms of ambient things that happen.
-You can now leap over wagons or slide under obstacles, including navigating over and around moving objects. The free running stuff also has you jumping through windows to trees and then on top of church roofs. Basically, expect the free running stuff, but more fluid and presumably generally closer to the ground.
-Connor enters battle with two weapons. The game uses the same controls in and out of battle.
-The tomahawk and knife are a "constant presence" in battle. They also let you do double counters and multiple takedowns, and you can chain kills.
-There's no more target locking, it just automatically detects your target. Counter/defense are the same button to prevent turtling.
-You can use human shields and other context sensitive moves.
-They want you to constantly move in battle.
-There are lots of secondary attacks like the one shot pistol on the Y button.
-There's a new dynamic camera to track the action and make it look as cinematic as possible.
-There is a new sprinting system also, so you can hold the button to instantly turn around and start fleeing from combat. They also let you kill people while still moving so you can keep chasing a target. They kind of imply you can even leap off of them after you kill them, though I'm not sure if that makes you faster or just doesn't impede your movement.
-They really, really, really want you to constantly move. I mean like they say this every four sentences. Not just in battle, but in every section of the game.
-They also try to keep you more in control of the combat than ever before.
-Game Informer really loves their animation system.
-There are around 2.5 hours of character scenes in the game that are fully acted and recorded. They mean this in Naughty Dog style where they have the actors being mocaped while performing on a set that resembles the scene in the game.
-They're aiming for accuracy by having historical dialog consultants and actual Native American actors.
-This game has the longest development cycle since AC1, and has twice the production capacity (in terms of work hours) and budget of Revelations.
-They want the game to feel like AC3.5, and the game will have its first version complete in just a few more weeks, at which point they're going to spend the rest of their time refining it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Chrono_Cross

while the series you listed have been going severely downhill according to fans.

Aside from Assassin's Creed (a series that hasn't really caught my eye, ever), none of those series are going down hill. At all.

a Mutiplayer resident evil sell, all they have to do is up res and release outbreak.

Yeah, nothing like re-releasing games. Something Capcom never does, right? Also, you should probably play the game before you come to a conclusion that it's awful or whatever.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Splat

Found all the treasures on Uncharted 2 the only thing I have left to do offline is beat it on crushing. I have a feeling there will be four letter words said while attempting this.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

CanisWolfred

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Also, you should probably play the game before you come to a conclusion that it's awful or whatever.

Because there's nothing like paying money on an awful game when you could've used your cognitive abilities to figure that out beforehand.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

Order-Sol wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Also, you should probably play the game before you come to a conclusion that it's awful or whatever.

Because there's nothing like paying money on an awful game when you could've used your cognitive abilities to figure that out beforehand.

Seems like you played Raccoon City and developed an opinion based on what you played. How was it? Was the online fun? How about the storyline?

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Order-Sol wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Seems like you played Raccoon City and developed an opinion based on what you played. How was it? Was the online fun? How about the storyline?

I was making a general statement, geez. I wasn't even talking about the game - I stopped acknowledging its existance the moment it was announced. Not to say it won't be terrible, I just don't care. All I am talking about is how stupid it is to think that it's best for people to waste money when a person can easily decide beforehand how much they'd like a certain game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Swiket wrote:

Hey, I don't need to look up a donkey's rear to know what comes out of it.

Untitled

WAT!

Chrono_Cross

Saying a game is terrible without playing it for yourself is absolute ignorance. If you can't spend a Lincoln to rent a game or even borrow it from a friend, then that sounds more like a personal problem.

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Saying a game is terrible without playing it for yourself is absolute ignorance. If you can't spend a Lincoln to rent a game or even borrow it from a friend, then that sounds more like a personal problem.

It depends on how much you know about a game. If you know noting about it, it's just ignorance, but if you do know anything about the game, it's more like and educated guess, and that's all you need to form an opinion.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

Order-Sol wrote:

It depends on how much you know about a game. If you know noting about it, it's just ignorance, but if you do know anything about the game, it's more like and educated guess, and that's all you need to form an opinion.

You're right. Judging by how stupid Animal Crossing looks and plays, the commercials, and the young audience at Gamefaqs, it's quite possibly one of the most pointless, stupidest "Sim ripoffs" for babies ever devised. I'd rather play a game worth my time that isn't meaningless. Sure, the reviews were fairly good but it's not my kind of game and from what I've seen it's pretty dumb.

But wait a minute I thought you liked Animal Crossing, V_Joe? Oh yeah... I do don't I? Because I played it and after playing it, I developed an actual opinion of the game and it's now my favorite game of all time. InFamous is another example.

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Order-Sol wrote:

You're right. Judging by how stupid Animal Crossing looks and plays, the commercials, and the young audience at Gamefaqs, it's quite possibly one of the most pointless, stupidest "Sim ripoffs" for babies ever devised. I'd rather play a game worth my time that isn't meaningless. Sure, the reviews were fairly good but it's not my kind of game and from what I've seen it's pretty dumb.

But wait a minute I thought you liked Animal Crossing, V_Joe? Oh yeah... I do don't I? Because I played it and after playing it, I developed an actual opinion of the game and it's now my favorite game of all time. InFamous is another example.

Yes, some games are harder to read than others. That doesn't make the prejudgments any less useful, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Order-Sol wrote:

Your argument is considered invalid when you use a Forum with Horrible standing in the Video Game community such as gamefaqs. And alot of the impressions of the game haven't been favorable.

WAT!

Chrono_Cross

Yes, some games are harder to read than others. That doesn't make the prejudgments any less useful, though.

Those prejudgements are almost always completely false. Take half of this site's opinion on Call of Duty.

Your argument is considered invalid when you use a Forum with Horrible standing in the Video Game community such as gamefaqs. And alot of the impressions of the game haven't been favorable.

Gamefaqs, the place people who are hardcore fans of video games go to live, are with horrible standings in the video game community? You have never been to Gamefaqs because there are more hardcore Final Fantasy, Tales of, Monster Hunter, Zelda, Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Mario, Metroid fans than any NintendoLife, Gameinformer, or IGN community will ever make of. And that's a fact.

Just for you.

shingi_70

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Those prejudgements are almost always completely false. Take half of this site's opinion on Call of Duty.

Gamefaqs, the place people who are hardcore fans of video games go to live, are with horrible standings in the video game community? You have never been to Gamefaqs because there are more hardcore Final Fantasy, Tales of, Monster Hunter, Zelda, Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Mario, Metroid fans than any NintendoLife, Gameinformer, or IGN community will ever make of. And that's a fact.

Pretty sure you mean Neogaf.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Only if they're uninformed. You don't need to play a game to know you don't like it, so long as you have the right information. That's the correct use of prejudgment. Otherwise it's just ignorance.

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Being "hardcore" won't stop someone from being a childish jerk, I'll tell ya that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

After reading the last page of this thread I have realised my previous statement was wrong, and because Viewtiful doesn't like the games I've listed, clearly it's going to be a sucky year for the PS3.

In other words, relax, folks. Different people have different thoughts about games. If Mickey likes to decide whether he will like a game or not before he plays it, that's his choice. If he misses out on one or two games then he might have enjoyed, then he's still saved money. I don't think any of you play every single game released just because you might enjoy it, so we all do some filtering before we buy games, just like he does.

And meanwhile, if Viewtiful wants to enjoy lame games, like then modern Resident Evil serires, then I'm not surprised 2012 isn't interesting him much right now.

Chrono_Cross

Being "hardcore" won't stop someone from being a childish jerk, I'll tell ya that.

Depends really. But my point still stands. As for the other thing, that's just your problem I guess. Happy gaming!

After reading the last page of this thread I have realised my previous statement was wrong, and because Viewtiful doesn't like the games I've listed, clearly it's going to be a sucky year for the PS3.

For me, not you. Please actually read my post next time.

And meanwhile, if Viewtiful wants to enjoy lame games, like then modern Resident Evil serires, then I'm not surprised 2012 isn't interesting him much right now.

That's just your opinion. If you find Resident Evil boring that's your problem. Plus I could say a few words other than boring, to describe my opinion on Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors.

Just for you.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.