Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 7,241 to 7,260 of 9,907

bonesy91

Well I just bought white knight chronicles II (out of the fact I got it for basically free) And holy crud... the story (which overtakes every aspect of this game from which I've seen) is so sad... I mean this game looks like it could have been amazing, but the writers... ugh.

It's like they just played a few jrpgs and strung together their favorite parts into one jumbled mess. And the battle system (until you get your white knight and the ability to use combos) was the most boring thing I've ever played... It's better now but unless people know about the combos then I could see this turn away a lot of players.

but ugh! This game has some good ideas but chained together so terribly.... But I'm only at the Desert, maybe it will get better...

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

CanisWolfred

The story in the first game was offensively terrible, too. The gameplay was even worse than in the second from what I hear. So, so very one-note and boring. I couldn't believe a game that bad came from Level 5. I hope your gets better as you go. You spent money on it, after all.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

I haven't played the second one, but I keep hearing that it is an improvement...but not much of one. Considering how bad the first one was, I don't find that reassuring. I guess it depends on how much you liked the first.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

odd69

Slapshot wrote:

I've got the 320gb Slim and I just crossed the 200gb threshold of downloaded content on it. Haha

@Waltz You guys have WAY more PS2 Classics than we do here in the States. I recommend grabbing Maximo. It's a great action/platformer, but be warned it's a hardcore title, that will test your skills.

Did you get the move bundle?? i got the same one but came with move, and sports champions. I love it but i really wanted a bigger drive.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

bonesy91

@zezhyrule Yeah I've seen everything from people praising how great it is, to people that downright couldn't stand it.

@GundamMac Yeah I already spent the money sadly (though had it been full price I would have been far more upset haha) I'm hoping the online makes up for this awful story though. (but those knight things are awesome... has a legend of dragoon feel to it)

I'll update on how I feel about the game when I make it to the next level or so...

Splat

I'm going to wait till Monday to start Uncharted 2 since I want to have the house to myself when I start it.

I went ahead and played through the first one again. The game has some really great music that I noticed more the second time around.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Ryno

irken004 wrote:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219381p1.html
The multiplayer mode for Killzone 3 is being released on PSN as a free download

Though there is a level cap, which can be removed with a $14.99 unlock price. Still, a nice move since I thought about buying the game before this.

Interesting decision, I may download it now. Will not be paying the $14.99 unlock price though.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

bonesy91

irken004 wrote:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219381p1.html
The multiplayer mode for Killzone 3 is being released on PSN as a free download

Though there is a level cap, which can be removed with a $14.99 unlock price. Still, a nice move since I thought about buying the game before this.

This has got to be the strangest thing I've seen 0.o

Can't say I'd get it myself (still in love with WFC) but my brother played it and said it wasn't bad.

Slapshot

@Odd Yep, sure did. I upgraded my PS3 at the midnight launch for Move.

@bonesy91 Killzone 3 is fantastic and you can read my review of the game right here. It's a fantastic game and it looks awesome on the new Push Square design too.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Cia

Finally succeeded beating Demon's Souls, at soul level 67. Now i can be proud of myself . Onwards to new game +

Edited on by Cia

Cia

Slapshot

Faron wrote:

Finally succeeded beating Demon's Souls, at soul level 67. Now i can be proud of myself . Onwards to new game +

Dude, that's awesome! Congrats!!!

I just got my copy of the game back and I'm going to restart the game and beat it once I we get the Vita launch wrapped up at Push Square. I lost my game save last year and it's 50+ hours in the hole and back to the beginning for me.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

That SSX demo was rad. I really want to get it. I want it more than Mass Effect 3.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

turtlelink

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

That SSX demo was rad. I really want to get it. I want it more than Mass Effect 3.

That's because SSX is an awesome series.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

SilentJ

Chucko wrote:

Who here is using the PS3 Slim? I'd love to hear you guys' thoughts on it.

My phat stopped reading discs less than 2 years after buying it but thankfully I bought an extended warranty. I had no choice other than to replace it with the slim model. It took some getting used to but I now actually prefer the slim model over the phat. It's smaller, quieter and has less vents for dust to get into. The phat model is prone to fingerprints and scratches but that's not the case with the slim. The only thing I really miss is the backwards compatibility since I've never owned a ps2. I think there was only one time I actually needed to use more than two usb ports so I don't really miss having four of 'em.

@Viewtiful_Joe
SSX indeed looks awesome so I should probably download the demo myself.

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

shingi_70
this has me oddly pumped.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

Welcome to the club, man. I've been excited for it since it was first announced, and even more so when I played the Japanese demo. It looks to be a really good game, though the story seems a little cheesy.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Splat

Slapshot wrote:

I've got the 320gb Slim and I just crossed the 200gb threshold of downloaded content on it.

How can you see how much space you have left?

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.