Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 7,161 to 7,180 of 9,907

Chucko

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Chucko wrote:

WARNING COMPLETE FOREIGNER HERE TO PS3 If you've seen the thread I started debating wether to choose between a PS3 or 360, you'll know I'm at a crossroads. My biggest question for PS3 users is that is as "bad" as most people make it out to be? I keep hearing of numerous bugs and glitches the system and the system's games has; and that it's just a "bad" system in general. Please prove me wrong on this because I want to go with Sony on this one.

My PS3 has been going through heavy, heavy use for 3 years, and works as well as the day I got it. Plus, thanks to the wonders of the PSN I have my save games all backed up to the cloud so, if I ever need to get a new PS3, I can just continue from where I left off.

Cloud data storage?! Ok, I'm favoring PS3 at the moment haha.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

Bankai

Chucko wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Chucko wrote:

WARNING COMPLETE FOREIGNER HERE TO PS3 If you've seen the thread I started debating wether to choose between a PS3 or 360, you'll know I'm at a crossroads. My biggest question for PS3 users is that is as "bad" as most people make it out to be? I keep hearing of numerous bugs and glitches the system and the system's games has; and that it's just a "bad" system in general. Please prove me wrong on this because I want to go with Sony on this one.

My PS3 has been going through heavy, heavy use for 3 years, and works as well as the day I got it. Plus, thanks to the wonders of the PSN I have my save games all backed up to the cloud so, if I ever need to get a new PS3, I can just continue from where I left off.

Yeah. You need to be a PlayStation Plus member (about $20/ three months, but that's free games every month with the cloud storage), but if you are, you can store your save games for use anywhere in the world.

Slapshot

Today's US PS+ Update is HUGE with a crap-ton of Free Games:
Battle Fantastia (AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME GAME!!!)
Hamsterball
Mahjong Tales
Fatal Intertia
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Far Cry 2 (Full PS3 Game)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Slapshot wrote:

Hamsterball
Mahjong Tales
Fatal Intertia

Personally, I'm glad they aren't making people pay for that crap...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Splat

Chucko wrote:

WARNING COMPLETE FOREIGNER HERE TO PS3 If you've seen the thread I started debating wether to choose between a PS3 or 360, you'll know I'm at a crossroads. My biggest question for PS3 users is it as "bad" as most people make it out to be? I keep hearing of numerous bugs and glitches with the system and the system's games; and that it's just a "bad" system in general. Please prove me wrong on this because I want to go with Sony on this one.

I was in the same boat and ended up going with the PS3 and could not be happy. They both have their pros and cons but for me the biggest selling points were the controller and not having to pay to play online. It's really to each his own.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Aviator

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

Hamsterball
Mahjong Tales
Fatal Intertia

Holy Crap. I hope the Aussie update is that good.

Do you really believe that??

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

y2josh

Anybody get Twisted Metal?

y2josh

Magi

Chucko wrote:

In the interest of full disclosure: The Xbox also offers cloud save game storage. Gold members only though iirc.

Magi

Splat

I just beat RDR Undead Nightmare. It was kinda short compared to RDR but I expected that going in but still fun while it lasted.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Chucko

y2josh wrote:

Such an underrated series. I hope the newest one does well. Btw, does anyone here play Skyrim on the PS3? If so, does it play well? (Sorry for all the questions and thank you guys for answering them!)

Platypus

I heard most of the swearing from Mass Effect 2 is from one character named Jack. Is that character optional?

Edited on by Platypus

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

shingi_70

soccer686 wrote:

I heard most of the swearing from Mass Effect 2 is from one character named Jack. Is that character optional?

No. You have to recruit her but you don't have to do her loyalty mission or use her.

and you just reminded me to start a Mass Effect run through as female shepard to prepare for 3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Slapshot

My PS Vita is charging right now and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, ModNation Racers, Little Deviants and Escape Plan all await me!!!

@Chucko It runs just fine now.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

odd69

Chucko wrote:

y2josh wrote:

Such an underrated series. I hope the newest one does well. Btw, does anyone here play Skyrim on the PS3? If so, does it play well? (Sorry for all the questions and thank you guys for answering them!)

Since the latest patch, Ive only had one freeze. The framerate is just a tad better, it is running better, one more patch should make it flawless.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Fuzzy

@Slapshot - nice work. Be sure to put your impressions up! I wont be getting one any time soon, as I don't have the need for it (too many other games on other consoles ) just yet. But I will keep track of releases and get one somewhere down the line.

Also, downloaded Sly 1. Liking the art style, and the beginning was good.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Gamer83

y2josh wrote:

I bought it but haven't actually played it yet, first thing I did after opening the box was enter the code to download TM: Black and I've been hooked playing that again. Love that game. I'll definitely be firing up the new one soon though, I'm looking forward to seeing how they handled the campaign, it sounds different but still fun.

Gamer83

Chucko

I only have two final questions. Whenever you guys are playing the console, how often do freezes and other bugs occur? If so, are they "game-breaking"? I had a terrible, buggy experience with Xbox 360, so I'm kind of paranoid about this stuff. Thanks again guys for ushering in a PS3 noob .

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.