Posts 7,061 to 7,080 of 9,907

LzWinky

zezhyrule wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Zezzy is sexy so his opinions don't matter unless they refer to sexiness

fix'd n__n

Double fix'd

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LordTendoboy

Lordlz wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

irken004 wrote:

GET A ROOM U GAIZ!

fix'd n__n

Double fix'd

Triple fix'd.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Noire

I was wondering who voiced Noel in Final Fantasy XIII-2 because he sounded so familiar, and then I realized it was the same guy who did half the male cast in Skyrim. Dear god, now when I get this game the entire time I'm going to be imagining Noel saying things like "I work for Belethor, at the general goods store."

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

zezhyrule

If I was Serah I would so put an arrow in his knee u__u

he still greatly annoys me

Also hey something! Lightning's VA and Caius' VA worked together before... They directly talked to each other in DDFF! xD I mean, I thought it was weird at least...

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

zezhyrule

Wow, he gets around

I bought Nier a while back, I still need to play it. I have way too many RPGs to play right now D:

Edit: No effing way. AKIHIKO SANADA IS VOICED BY THE SAME DUDE SQUEEEE

:ahem: I mean yeah bro that's cool.

Edited on by zezhyrule

Noire

zezhyrule wrote:

Wow, he gets around

He plays Akihiko too, you know. :3

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

LordTendoboy

zezhyrule wrote:

eff you fee! I was just reading that on the interwebs lol xD

He's now my favorite voice actor n___n

Voice acting in games is still pretty mundane compared to cartoons and animated movies.

Guys like Mel Blanc, Billy West, Joe Alaskey, Maurice LaMarche, Rob Paulsen, Tom Kenny, Tara Strong, Tress MacNeille, etc. are the masters of their craft.

Animation and voice acting are both severely lacking in video games right now. We're getting there with games like Uncharted, but that's like a needle in a haystack of poorly designed games.

Can't these big game publishers hire some of the guys from Pixar and Dreamworks to assist in character animating? It would make the games much more believable if they had smooth, fluid animations.

[...

zezhyrule

Um... I don't care? how did we do from sexyhiko's voice actor to talking about animation?

You do know that pixar movies aren't in real-time, correct? So you should be comparing this to the movies. Basically, there are people who are good at animating whether it comes to video games or movies. Same with voice acting.

Edit: Well I should've expected it, you completely edited your comment into something almost entirely different. Maybe I should start quoting comments more.

Edited on by zezhyrule

LordTendoboy

zezhyrule wrote:

Um... I don't care? how did we do from sexyhiko's voice actor to talking about animation?

You do know that pixar movies aren't in real-time, correct? So you should be comparing this to the movies. Basically, there are people who are good at animating whether it comes to video games or movies. Same with voice acting.

Edit: Well I should've expected it, you completely edited your comment into something almost entirely different. Maybe I should start quoting comments more.

It's funny how developers put more effort into making cutscenes look great, but the actual gameplay is nowhere near as impressive (talking about animation specifically).

A good example: Dragon Age. The in-game cutscenes are bland, the characters look like puppets without any hint of emotion. The actual gameplay is ugly, the characters move stiffly and jerkily. That is an example of bad animation in games.

[...

LordTendoboy

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

LOL. Criticising the visuals of Dragon Age is like criticising Citizen Kane because it's not colourful enough.

With the quality of that game, I wouldn't care if there was no animation at all.

Good point. Just out of curiosity, can you list a few games in which the actual gameplay matches the production quality of the cutscenes (animation, voice acting, etc.)? I already know about Uncharted, but I'd like some more examples.

[...

Chrono_Cross

Final Fantasy 10
Metal Gear Solid 1-4
Resident Evil 4 & 5
Mass Effect 2
Heavy Rain

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Bankai

So, what games do I think are good?

"Gameplay matches the production quality of the cutscenes," is so highly subjective and it's literally no different from asking "what games do you like."

Oh right, going on Viewtiful - good games that are pretty.

FFXIII
FFXIII-2
Dark Souls
Dynasty Warriors 7

Edited on by Bankai

LordTendoboy

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

So, what games do I think are good?

"Gameplay matches the production quality of the cutscenes," is so highly subjective and it's literally no different from asking "what games do you like."

Oh right, going on Viewtiful - good games that are pretty.

FFXIII
FFXIII-2
Dark Souls
Dynasty Warriors 7

How is that question subjective? You look at a game that has beautifully rendered cutscenes, and then look at the gameplay aspects. Let me explain it better. Look at a game like Uncharted. The cutscenes are all done in the game engine, yet the smooth animation and lip-syncing paired with the high-quality voice acting makes it look almost as good as a CG clip. When the gameplay transitions to a cutscene (and vice versa) the transition is so seamless that it's hard to tell the two apart.

I'm talking about a game that has the same high production values throughout, not just in the cutscenes.

[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.