Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 6,961 to 6,980 of 9,907

Malkeor

turtlelink wrote:

Jamouse wrote:

Splat wrote:

I just looked and the list of PS2 games isn't very impressive...

Do they update it regularly like the virtual console?

Nope

Which is just plain sad....when is the last time we had a PS2 game again?

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

Chrono_Cross

I just beat Super Mario Bros. 3 100% on the GBA and thought I'd play my PS3. So I tried out the Scarygirl demo and was glad to see it's a 2.5D platformer. Unfortunately everything is a mess. The platforming is poorly executed and the controls are all over the place. The concept and difficulty compliment each other in every negative way. The music is also dull.

The storyline is... weird. And the Halloween theme would normally draw me in but it's not the scary theme I like. Big downer.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Cia

Jamouse wrote:

Just a quick question: Can you download PS2 games of the PSN store? I vaguely remember hearing something about PS2 classics but I can't really find any info on them.

You may not be able to download them in PAL regions... but who cares when we can buy boxed, remastered HD versions of ps2 games like MGS collection, Shadow of the Colossus & Ico, Silent Hill 2 & 3, God of War 1 & 2 etc.

Cia

Slapshot

Scarygirl was an alright PSP Mini, so I kinda figured that the PSN title might be a bit iffy. I haven't gotten the chance to play hardly anything lately, so I've not had the chance to try it out.

Pretty good PSN update tomorrow. Looking forward to trying out the Twisted Metal and Syndicate Demos:
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/01/30/playstation-store-...

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Splat wrote:

Edit: I just looked and the list of PS2 games isn't very impressive...

That's because they're focusing on Hard to find PS2 games, while rereleasing HD collections for bigger releases. All the games they have are well worth getting, though. They're cheaper than the physical versions, and of course they're all good games.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

Depending on the game, I'm pretty sure I can find it cheaper.

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Depending on the game, I'm pretty sure I can find it cheaper.

I was just talking about the PS2 Classics. Bloodrayne and Raiden III are the only ones you can get cheaper, but that's for scratched up discs that barely work.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

Depends on your luck. I can name over 20 games I've gotten used where I swear no one has ever played they're in THAT good of condition.

By the way, anyone play Pixel Junk SideScroller? It looks awesome but I'm not sure yet.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

Splat

Slapshot wrote:

Pretty good PSN update tomorrow. Looking forward to trying out the Twisted Metal and Syndicate Demos:

Nice.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

bonesy91

me and my brother got NFL blitz!

Now this is the only way you can get me to play a sports game Big headed zombies vs. Tiny headed lions! Oh and a beach-ball shaped football on top finishes this delicious taste of gaming.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

Splat

bonesy91 wrote:

me and my brother got NFL blitz!

Now this is the only way you can get me to play a sports game Big headed zombies vs. Tiny headed lions! Oh and a beach-ball shaped football on top finishes this delicious taste of gaming.

If you like that you might try NBA Jam on Fire Edition. It's really fast paced with over the top moves but very user friendly. You don't have to be a NBA fan at all to have fun playing it.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

LordTendoboy

irken004 wrote:

Interesting, and came out of nowhere!
[youtube:jv_AzoJwK6w]

Sweet!

The only thing I don't get about these "HD" remasters is this:
Why do they only improve the texture resolution? The underlying graphics engine is the same, with no improvements to the polygon count, character models, etc. It's just some texture tweaks, it's like putting a new coat of paint on a rusty old car instead of rebuilding the car from scratch.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

shingi_70

becuase its a remaster like a remake. unlike film its more time consuming to remake everything which essentially making a whole new game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

becuase its a remaster like a remake. unlike film its more time consuming to remake everything which essentially making a whole new game.

True, but I remember back when developers actually took the time to remake entire games from scratch. Super Mario All-Stars was a remake of the first 4 Super Mario Bros. games, complete with new music, sound effects, and graphics.

XCOM is a remake of the original game, and it's being built from scratch using new resources.

Bionic Commando Rearmed was a remake of the original NES game, built with a completely new engine.

Mega Man Powered Up was a remake of Mega Man 1, built with a completely new engine and graphics style. Same thing with Mega Man X: Maverick Hunter.

Cave Story 3D is a remake of the original PC / WiiWare / DSiWare game, built with a completely new engine.

These new "HD remasters" that Sony keeps making just reek of laziness. The original games are fine as they are, what does putting some high-definition textures do to make the games more playable?

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

Bankai

These new "HD remasters" that Sony keeps making just reek of laziness. The original games are fine as they are, what does putting some high-definition textures do to make the games more playable?

Sony makes Rayman, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, now?

As for why they make them: Because they get to sell them and make some easy money. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

LordTendoboy

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Sony makes Rayman, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, now?

As for why they make them: Because they get to sell them and make some easy money. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

I'm saying Sony started this trend, now other companies are following suit. Next thing you know, companies will start "remastering" their old games in "3-D". Oh wait, it's already happening with Ocarina of Time 3D, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, etc.

[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.