Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 6,901 to 6,920 of 9,907

Chrono_Cross

Splat wrote:

I just watched the review of Infamous on IGN, is the game as awesome as the review makes it look?

Yes. I played it for 10 minutes thought it was dumb (I don't really like sandbox games), made fun of it and said very mean things about a game I didn't give a chance to. I ate those words when I gave it an actual try and I can safely say it's not only one of my favorite PS3 games but one of the best in the genre. I don't usually do that either. I always give a game a chance before I develop an opinion of it. inFamous2 is even better.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

shingi_70

how are the white knight games? When i was complaining Sony didn't have a Zelda/Fable analouge I had forgotten all about this hem from one of my favorite devs.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Bankai

shingi_70 wrote:

how are the white knight games? When i was complaining Sony didn't have a Zelda/Fable analouge I had forgotten all about this hem from one of my favorite devs.

Well, firstly, the White Knight games are absolutely nothing like Zelda or Fable. White Knight Chronicles is a JRPG, and as traditional as they come. It's linear, story-focused and quite epic.

Now, I love the game and its sequel (the US didn't get the PSP game, but we did, and it's awesome too). Lots of people didn't get into the game. The pace is fairly slow, and as I mentioned before it's not innovative in the slightest.

What I love about it is how traditional it is, the gorgeous art style, and the lovely soundtrack. In-combat the game plays a little bit like a MMO, with a row of skills at the bottom of the screen that you select from to do various attacks and cast spells.

Also, there is an "Analogue" to Zelda on the PS3. It's called Darksiders. There's also an analogue for Fable. It's called Dragon Age/ Skyrim.

Edited on by Bankai

shingi_70

i was thinking about first party offerings from Sony. but i guess we'll see when sorcery hits.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

LordTendoboy

Splat wrote:

Platformers,open world games,sports and shooters are my big ones but I play all kinds of stuff.

Assassins Creed and Borderlands are on there for $20 and kinda peaked my interest but I know very little about both. I have heard good things about Infamous but I think it was like $30.

If you like racing games, get Burnout Paradise. It's only $20, but it doesn't come with all the DLC.

For platformers, I suggest Mega Man 9 and 10. You can get both games in a bundle pack for $20, and there are DLC packs for about $14 (extra stages, characters, game modes, etc.). And try Sonic 4 - Episode 1. It's not Sonic's return to glory like some hoped, but it's a nice throwback to the Genesis era.

If you want a new Sonic game, get Sonic Generations. It combines Classic Sonic (2D, Sega Genesis-era gameplay) and Modern Sonic (3D, Sonic Colors-style gameplay).

For first-person shooters (that aren't Call of Duty), try Resistance (similar to Halo), or Killzone (similar to Gears of War, only in first-person), or MAG (a huge, online-only shooter with 256 players). They're all 1st-party Sony titles.

For arcade-style shooters, try Blast Factor or Super Stardust Ultra.

Plus there are a ton of PSone and PS2 Classics available, so if you're a fan of older games, you may want to try those.

For open-world games, try GTA 4 or Saints Row The Third.

For adventure games, try the Uncharted series, or Shadow of the Colossus & ICO HD Collection.

For action games, try God of War or Darksiders. All the God of War games, and Darksiders, are available on the PS Store.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Well, firstly, the White Knight games are absolutely nothing like Zelda or Fable. White Knight Chronicles is a JRPG, and as traditional as they come. It's linear, story-focused and quite epic.

Now, I love the game and its sequel (the US didn't get the PSP game, but we did, and it's awesome too). Lots of people didn't get into the game. The pace is fairly slow, and as I mentioned before it's not innovative in the slightest.

What I love about it is how traditional it is, the gorgeous art style, and the lovely soundtrack. In-combat the game plays a little bit like a MMO, with a row of skills at the bottom of the screen that you select from to do various attacks and cast spells.

Also, there is an "Analogue" to Zelda on the PS3. It's called Darksiders. There's also an analogue for Fable. It's called Dragon Age / Skyrim.

Dragon Age is more like Fable than Skyrim is. Skyrim is a huge open-world RPG, while Dragon Age and Fable are strictly linear.

[...

Splat

If all goes well I'm just going to get two $50 PSN cards and get the Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare bundle,Infamous and the RE5 DLC. There my mind is made up...

I'm still going to get in to Uncharted sometime, I have heard nothing but good things but once again it is going to be put on the back burner.

The worse part about waiting so long to get a PS3 is there are like a million games I want...

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Chrono_Cross

But that means you have a million games to play.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

irken004

Beat Uncharted 1 today, and started Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 2 is way better than Uncharted 1 so far.
~They fixed the grenades!~

Edited on by irken004

JayArr

Uncharted 2 is one of the best games ever made. It freaking blows the doors off of the entire genre.

spoiler It even makes Uncharted 3 look bad.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Slapshot

JayArr wrote:

Uncharted 2 is one of the best games ever made. It freaking blows the doors off of the entire genre.

spoiler It even makes Uncharted 3 look bad.

I wouldn't say that it makes it look bad, but I do think UC2 is the best. My problem with UC3 is that I'm just tired of the climbing mechanics: it's getting overused and tiresome in its simplicity.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Slapshot

Slapshot wrote:

So, should I tell you guys that you should be REALLY excited about something PlayStation related, or maybe I've already said too much already!

Hmm... guess nobody cares. Oh well, you guys will see soon enough I guess.

Edited on by Slapshot

pikku

Slapshot wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

So, should I tell you guys that you should be REALLY excited about something PlayStation related, or maybe I've already said too much already!

What is it?

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

LordTendoboy

Slapshot wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

Is it about Sony's Smash Bros. clone? Or was that confirmed to be just a rumor?

[...

shingi_70

Slapshot wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

dark cloud or legend of dragoon sequels please.

WAT!

Slapshot

Nope, try again!

LordTendoboy

Slapshot wrote:

Nope, try again!

What happened to that Smash Bros. clone ("Title Fight")? The last I heard of it was on that Paul Gale website, where he broke the rumor, then nothing since. Was it just a hoax?

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

LordTendoboy

@Slapshot

Is it about the limited edition PS Vita pre-order bundles? Cause that was just announced on the PlayStation Blog.

[...

JayArr

PlaystationLife

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

pikku

Sony's announcing a Vita with stereoscopic 3D?

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.