Posts 6,801 to 6,820 of 9,907

pikku

360 pages, what an accomplishment!

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

bonesy91

smithers wrote:

i do apologize for the tripple post BUT
@bonesy91 DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED ABOUT BUGS, apparently most of the demos are having pretty massive bugs, and the company has come out and said that that is not the final version of code the final game is releasing with so you should be fine - http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckonin... that talks about it some and i hope its legit

Well I hope that is the case, that it is just an early build of the game. I checked around a little last night and found a thread on IGN (not my favorite site but eh) and they had nothing but praise for their review copy and not one mention of bugs.

Still though I just don't see how a demo with bugs and glitches is gonna make the average gamer want to buy it you know?

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

Magi

Possible demo-spoilers

bonesy91 wrote:

Still though I just don't see how a demo with bugs and glitches is gonna make the average gamer want to buy it you know?

I feel the same way. I played the demo last night on my xbox and had two issues during my playthrough.
1. The game locked up the entire console, requiring reboots, on two occassions. The first was right after the intro movie and the second was when I got to the pair of spiders after acquiring the staff. In the case of the second lock-up, an entire restart is required as there is no save-game functionality on the demo.
2. The second, more minor bug was a graphical issue where a random pixel on the screen would seem to stretch out into some huge multi-colored psychedelic triangle that was larger than my character. It looked like something right out of "gone to plaid" on Spaceballs. Kudos if you know what I'm talking about.

All in all, it was still a decent demo and I preordered the game yesterday at Newegg for 47.99 + free shipping. Not sure if that deal is still on for today, but a code was required during the checkout process: EMCNJJC74

It had a strong Fable vibe (more rpg-heavy though) with some very WoW-type graphics. I was a bit taken aback by the demo initially because the first few minutes are too "adult-themed" for the "child-like" WoW graphics (ymmv). For example, the intro movie has someone being decapitated. A few more minutes into the game finds your character regaining consiousness amidst a pile of corpses and then digging out and climbing down the pile. It was a bit surreal.

Magi

RoyalBlur

Check out this new PS3 game guys!
http://www.4gamer.net/games/141/G014174/20120106005/

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

bonesy91

Magi wrote:

Possible demo-spoilers

bonesy91 wrote:

I feel the same way. I played the demo last night on my xbox and had two issues during my playthrough.
1. The game locked up the entire console, requiring reboots, on two occassions. The first was right after the intro movie and the second was when I got to the pair of spiders after acquiring the staff. In the case of the second lock-up, an entire restart is required as there is no save-game functionality on the demo.
2. The second, more minor bug was a graphical issue where a random pixel on the screen would seem to stretch out into some huge multi-colored psychedelic triangle that was larger than my character. It looked like something right out of "gone to plaid" on Spaceballs. Kudos if you know what I'm talking about.

All in all, it was still a decent demo and I preordered the game yesterday at Newegg for 47.99 + free shipping. Not sure if that deal is still on for today, but a code was required during the checkout process: EMCNJJC74

It had a strong Fable vibe (more rpg-heavy though) with some very WoW-type graphics. I was a bit taken aback by the demo initially because the first few minutes are too "adult-themed" for the "child-like" WoW graphics (ymmv). For example, the intro movie has someone being decapitated. A few more minutes into the game finds your character regaining consiousness amidst a pile of corpses and then digging out and climbing down the pile. It was a bit surreal.

dude I got both of those problems you had. (also I uploaded a video of the triangle thing a page back)
I too ordered it from newegg. Probably wont get any special dlc but saving 12 dollars was worth it.

I love the graphic style they went with. It brings some light into the world of dark games the PS3 is filled with

Slapshot

That looks pretty cool. Maybe it'll make the swim across the pond!

@Magi and @bonsey Yep, the game demos are usually those used to showoff the games during earlier development stages. It seems stupid, but that is how they do it sometimes. The last review I saw of the game was a 9/10.

@smithers I gave it a try and it was alright. I'm not a big fan of Warhawk and this doesn't really do too much for me either. But that is all because of my personal preferences though. It's a very well polished game!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Splat

I'm just now starting to try out some demos, I tried Scott Pilgrim vs the World last night. I liked the old school beat up feel of the game. I'm not in a rush to own it but probably will down the road.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

shingi_70

so what's"s the word of sorcery. where can i find some intimation about it becuase it looks cool. hopefully Sony sets this up to be their Zelda and Fable as they really need a fantasy series in their arsenal.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LordTendoboy

smithers wrote:

i do apologize for the tripple post BUT
@bonesy91 DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED ABOUT BUGS, apparently most of the demos are having pretty massive bugs, and the company has come out and said that that is not the final version of code the final game is releasing with so you should be fine - http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckonin... that talks about it some and i hope its legit

Ha! Skyrim has plenty of game-breaking bugs and that game still got perfect scores all around. So I guess people really do tolerate unfinished games.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

bonesy91

@LordTendoboy

I'll never understand that. While Skyrim looked amazing in the end it's just broken. It's sad what gamers will protect these days. Back in the day, if a game was that broken it would maybe get a 4 out of 10. But no, Skyrim soared to the top of every gamers list for some odd reason... gamers these days....

on a happier note: I sold demon's souls after beating a few bosses the game was just pretty meh to me. So I bought the amazing love song to classic gaming

Untitled

playing the game as my custom optimus Hero. This game is amazing

Edited on by bonesy91

Splat

I have beat RE5 on Amateur,Normal, and Veteran and I'm 98% done on Professional. The only thing I have left to do is beat Ndesu on chapter 2-3... I didn't have much trouble with him on Amateur or Normal, he was kinda of a pain on Veteran but my God is he a pain on Pro.

I have beat everything before and after him but can't beat him so frustrating.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

shingi_70

correction bonesy only ps3 skyrim is broken. that's due to the dev being some lazy mfer's that and something to do with the ps3 ram.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

bonesy91

shingi_70 wrote:

correction bonesy only ps3 skyrim is broken. that's due to the dev being some lazy mfer's that and something to do with the ps3 ram.

oh so it's only the ps3 verison? my bad. I heard some Xbox people were having problems as well.

JayArr

LoL at people who haven't even played Skyrim on the PS3 bashing it. Seriously, all the s*** talk about the PS3 version is usually written by people who own the PC or Xbox version in order to make their respective systems superior. The PS3 supposedly has more system lock occurrences and lag than others but every single version has bugs.

Every version is unpolished and none of the versions are broken. I played Skyrim for nearly 200 hours and all the way Platinum and only had the game lock up on me three times. This game is MASSIVE. It is the size of 5 other standard size games so their are bound to be some bugs. Bugs they are constantly patching for every system btw.

In my opinion, the game is amazing. If you took the time to play it instead of hating on it because it's popular or spouting off garbage you read somewhere else on the internet you would know that or at least have some legs to stand on when stating your negative opinion. smh

Edited on by JayArr

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

shingi_70

if the dev comes out and calls it broken compared to the other versions than yes it is bad. when said problems only happen on one version of the game then we have problems I did think the whole dragons falling out the sykes bug was pretty good. but the ps3 save bug wwe horrid.

WAT!

Slapshot

Skyrim was broken. The last patch was primarily to fix the major problems with the PS3 version. I've not dropped nearly 60hrs into Skyrim and it's fine. I've had it lock-up on me once so far and I've only seen a bit of minor slowdown a handful of times. The next patch releases by the end of this month.

I do agree with you guys though: releasing broken game's is garbage. But, that's why I held off on buying Skyrim at launch and now I'm glad I decided to make the jump. I can honestly say that "Skyrim is my absolute favorite game of All Time." The game is absolutely incredible and you can't understand how great it is until you take your first steps in the game.

@shingi_70 Sorcery info can be found over at Movemdo, but the details are still a bit scarce. Sony does need a great fantasy game in their exclusives catalog now that Demon Souls has went multi-platform. From what I've read, it's really shaping up to be a great game and a must-have for Move owners.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Aviator

LordTendoboy wrote:

Ha! Skyrim has plenty of game-breaking bugs and that game still got perfect scores all around. So I guess people really do tolerate unfinished games.

Yet thousands of people have poured hundreds of hours into it. Yep, it's totally broken.

also, this game is multi-platform ( shock ) and most of the reviews are based on the superior PC version.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.