Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 6,761 to 6,780 of 9,907

LordTendoboy

@MrPink78
@Viewtiful_Joe

Never had that problem before, but I just bought a new PS3 controller cause the analog sticks were getting loose. Sony really needs to drop the prices of their accessories. $55 is too much for a game controller, especially when you can get an Xbox 360 controller for $40 or less.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

turtlelink

@Silent Jay, yea I did. It mostly effected me in CoD. It seemed like the left stick was connected to random things. For example, spinning it the left stick and pressing L3 would cause me to knife (which you do when you press circle) and sometimes I would fire 1 bullet or switch to my secondary gun.

Oh and Metal Gear Solid is AWESOME.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

smithers

@irrken i got section 8 prejudice, and originally hated it and immediately regretted my purchase. a few days later i got used to the game and i loved it and played sooo much of it hah its pretty fun.

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Slapshot

I've never had any problems with any of my PS3 controllers or PS2 controllers throughout all the years. I did have issues with PSone controllers though.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

irken004

smithers wrote:

@irrken i got section 8 prejudice, and originally hated it and immediately regretted my purchase. a few days later i got used to the game and i loved it and played sooo much of it hah its pretty fun.

I'll send you a PSN friend request, we can play together sometime on it The online mode (particularly skirmish mode) is pretty awesome on Section 8 Prejudice

@Viewtiful Only problem I have is when I sometimes accidentally hit L3 when trying to move the joystick fast or if I try to hit R3 instead.

Edited on by irken004

Fuzzy

I have a problem every now and then when the d-pad controls randomly go when Im using the left control stick. must be a dodgy connection somewhere.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

irken004

Here's some Section 8 Prejudice multiplayer footage for those interested.
[youtube:qZ3jAk_u1BE]

Edited on by irken004

turtlelink

irken004 wrote:

Here's some Section 8 multiplayer footage for those interested.
[youtube:qZ3jAk_u1BE]

That looks really cool!

TurtleLink's backloggery

odd69

SilentJ wrote:

Have any of you ever had problems with a dualshock 3 controller? A few months ago, while playing Infamous 2, I noticed Cole would sometimes jump on his own but the problem has gotten bad. I was playing Resistance 3 when my character suddenly started jumping around while shooting like crazy. I paused the game but the controller kept going through the menus. It seems like the controller just randomly starts pressing buttons on it's own. It's not very fun when this happens while playing online. I have another controller but I'm just curious if any of you have ever had this problem.

Silent j this happend to me when i play brink. It happends with my factory controller from my ps3 phat. Still does it infact. I wish i knew how to stop this too. luckily it works with other controllers but , it just goes through the menus and there is nothing i can do about it. oh and it only does that with brink.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

irken004

@turtlelink It's $15, plus $2.99-$3.99 for extra stuff (namely the two maps packs that I'll buy tomorrow). It's a great deal, and Prejudice (which is the 2nd game in the series) has a much more expanded single-player mode compared to the first game.

Aviator

LordTendoboy wrote:

Sony really needs to drop the prices of their accessories. $55 is too much for a game controller

You still bought one nonetheless.

Also, Space Channel 5 Part 2 is on sale. I neeeeeed it!! D:
have to find money

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Colors

Are there any good twin-stick shooters for PS3, whether retail or download?

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

Splat

RE5 on Professional is freaking ridiculous... One hit deaths and what not.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Ryno

Who has played Uncharted 3? Was it more of the same of Uncharted 2?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Malkeor

Ryno wrote:

Who has played Uncharted 3? Was it more of the same of Uncharted 2?

Well pretty much. It's a tad prettier, and if you play in 3D that's pretty cool. Though I mostly played it in 2D.

There are some small changes in the way he moves, like where he ricochets off of a wall with his hands if you run into it, etc. Just nice little touches.

Story was great, and fights were more or less the same with new weapons.
Though in my opinion it wasn't as annoying for the other 2 games.
I found myself frustrated heavily in the other two when there were certain parts I would get stuck fighting a group and dying over and over.
For 3 it was more manageable, (and more fun) getting through the game this time around.

Edited on by Malkeor

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

Ryno

@Malkeor: Thanks. So you chose not to play it more in 3D? Why's that? I was reading an article that said it was one of the best looking 3D games so I was looking forward to that. Though with Arkham City I sometimes just found it easier to play without the 3D effect therefore haven't been using it all the time.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Malkeor

I played maybe...1/10th of the game on 3D. I would actually just put on the glasses every now and then whenever I encountered new effects or went to new areas, just to see how it looked.

To me the 3D is dark, and I found the picture just looked better to me without 3D. Depth and some pop-outs were stunning in some areas but other than that the lower brightness and the slightly duller colors caused me to just enjoy the game in gorgeous 2D.

I have to mention though that I use LGs passive 3D.

You might like it though depending on the settings you use, and the type of TV, and it might be different if you use Active Shutter, though i'm not experienced in viewing it.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

bonesy91

Slapshot wrote:

@bonsey91 Here's a few other ideas I've got for you guys to try out:
Borderlands: It's one of the best co-op games on the PS3 and even though it has guns, it's still very much a RPG.
Dungeon Siege III: It's similar to Dungeon Hunter Alliance, but it's more refined and again a great co-op experience.
Hunted: The Demon's Forge: It's a standard co-op dungeon crawler, but enjoyable.
Lost Planet 2: It's a shooter, but it has you blasting massive enemies — similar to Monster Hunter in size.
*Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2": It's brutally difficulty and has a big learning curve. Enemy bosses are massive and the co-op is a lot of fun, but only after the single player campaign is finished.

...and I'd really try out this one, Dungeon Defenders. It's a great dungeon crawler/tower defense hybrid that's all but necessary to play with a friend.

thanks for all the suggestions.

Me and my brother played borderlands and it was pretty cool. Though at the moment we are both in hack n slash adventure rpg mode haha. I'll definetly check out the other games you suggested though.

oh and on a side note. I pre-ordered Kingdoms of alamur today! Cannot wait

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

turtlelink

Is there anyway to transfer PSOne classics data back and forth between the PS3 and PSP? I got pretty far in Metal Gear Solid on the PSP but if I ever wanted to start playing it again on the PS3, it will be a little annoying.

TurtleLink's backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.