Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 6,741 to 6,760 of 9,907

CanisWolfred

odd69 wrote:

I felt the same about killzone 2 and 3. The series isnt my cup o tea. Liberation was really good though ill say that
oh yea i bought Rune Factory:tides of destiny on a whim the other day. Im new to the series but i am enjoying it so far.

Make Sure you pick up Rune Factory 3 afterwards, it's supposed to be miles better, and at the very least it's cheaper.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

Slapshot wrote:

@LordTendoBoy It's just very generic and lacks personality and excitement. It's worth playing if you enjoy the series, but don't expect it to be another Killzone 3. KZ3 is the only game I've ever give a 10/10 on Movemodo.

Wait so you enjoyed the offline? I thought it was awful to be honest.

By the way, is RE4 supposed to be this friggen' fun? Holy god.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Magi

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

By the way, is RE4 supposed to be this friggen' fun? Holy god.

I loved it!

Until I got to the black demon-creature in the sewer tunnels. I had to move on to another game after that guy.

Magi

Splat

RE4 is one of the best games ever made...

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

bonesy91

Splat wrote:

RE4 is one of the best games ever made...

QFT

but on another note, can anyone Recommend a good Online RPG type game for the PS3? similar to say Lord of the Rings War in the north? something along those lines? Or similar to Monster hunter Tri on wii? Me and my brother have been looking for one but seem to only find FPS online games.

Thanks!

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

Slapshot

@Viewtiful_Joe Do you really think I would dislike the single player campaign and write a published 10/10 review on of the largest PlayStation Move sites in the world? I really disliked Killzone 2 and I've already given my opinion on Killzone 1 too. Killzone 3 is a must have for any Move/FPS fan in my opinion.

@bonesy Yep, Dungeon Hunter Alliance.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

irken004

I bought a $20 bluetooth earpiece at Target today, and set it up for my PS3. Works pretty well.

Splat

I have now beat RE5 on Amateur,Normal and Veteran. I'm going back and getting the 30 emblems before I start playing on Professional. I have 24 of the 30 as of now.

Edited on by Splat

SilentJ

I found the first Killzone a little frustrating simply because I'm used to more checkpoints. I died many times and felt like I had to replay entire levels each time. Other than that, I enjoyed it. I liked how you could play as different characters. You could sometimes take different paths depending on which character you chose. It would've been cool if they kept that for the sequels. I never did get to finish the game because my backwards compatible PS3 died so I'm definitely looking forward to it being released in HD.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Splat

Splat wrote:

I have now beat RE5 on Amateur,Normal and Veteran. I'm going back and getting the 30 emblems before I start playing on Professional. I have 24 of the 30 as of now.

Got all the emblems... I might take a break from RE before I play on Professional, I'm undecided. It's about time for me to get a new game. I'm going to try and get Red Dead Redemption next month if I can, I have wanted it for awhile.

turtlelink

Slapshot wrote:

Oh snap! It's T-R-I-C-K-Y, it's T-R-I-C-K-Y!
[youtube:hKVwJ3xOUD0]
!

That game is going to be so kick ass. SSX3 is still one of my favorite games ever.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Aviator

bonesy91 wrote:

Or similar to Monster hunter Tri on wii?

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD

Also, FFXIII-2.

Must... play...

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

turtlelink

Planning on getting Assassin's Creed 2 and a PSN card for MGS and Sonic CD later tonight. Should be fun.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

bonesy91

Aviator wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

Or similar to Monster hunter Tri on wii?

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD

Also, FFXIII-2.

Must... play...

Isn't Portable 3rd HD japan only? (A language witch I could not learn if my life depended on it haha)

FFXIII 2 is gonna have online coop? hmmm interesting...

and I tried Dungeon hunter.... not my cup of tea with the whole top down deal...

also me and my bro decided to pick up demon's souls to try out it's coop... so far my brother can't get past the first level though lol...

oh well, guess I just have to dig deeper into the library of ps3 titles... its a shame that it is this hard to find one lol.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

Slapshot

@bonsey91 Here's a few other ideas I've got for you guys to try out:
Borderlands: It's one of the best co-op games on the PS3 and even though it has guns, it's still very much a RPG.
Dungeon Siege III: It's similar to Dungeon Hunter Alliance, but it's more refined and again a great co-op experience.
Hunted: The Demon's Forge: It's a standard co-op dungeon crawler, but enjoyable.
Lost Planet 2: It's a shooter, but it has you blasting massive enemies — similar to Monster Hunter in size.
*Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2": It's brutally difficulty and has a big learning curve. Enemy bosses are massive and the co-op is a lot of fun, but only after the single player campaign is finished.

...and I'd really try out this one, Dungeon Defenders. It's a great dungeon crawler/tower defense hybrid that's all but necessary to play with a friend.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Aviator

When I said FFXIII-2 I meant separately from the suggestion of monster hunter.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

irken004

I reeeally want Section 8 Prejudice and Vanquish on PS3

EDIT: Bought Section 8 Prejudice, downloading now...

Edited on by irken004

SilentJ

Have any of you ever had problems with a dualshock 3 controller? A few months ago, while playing Infamous 2, I noticed Cole would sometimes jump on his own but the problem has gotten bad. I was playing Resistance 3 when my character suddenly started jumping around while shooting like crazy. I paused the game but the controller kept going through the menus. It seems like the controller just randomly starts pressing buttons on it's own. It's not very fun when this happens while playing online. I have another controller but I'm just curious if any of you have ever had this problem.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Chrono_Cross

@SilentJ
Wow. This is weird but just today my controller sort of stopped working. It's still usable but I cant use L1 or R3. On occasions while playing CoD my guy would just randomly jump in the air and pull out his secondaries and fire like a maniac or even just continuously pull them out and jump around. Seriously, at random points. Sometimes in the middle of crossfire where I really need to focus and kill my opponent. One time I was even being a ninja and BAM! I pull out the secondaries and start shooting.

Then today I was walking with a sniper (R1 is to shoot), I didn't have my finger anywhere near it and I was casually walking up stairs with my fingers resting underneath the hinge where the shoulder buttons sit. Casually walking my guy shoots a bullet and starts tweaking ***t! I was like "HAHA IT WASN'T ME AFTER ALL!!!1" It was clearly the controller the entire time. Not lag, not me, just the stupid controller itself.

FYi I've never thrown this because it's not even mine. Which is pure BS

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.