Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 6,581 to 6,600 of 9,907

LordTendoboy

Here's a good game I recommend to anyone who likes puzzle games:

Tumble
[youtube:b__Eq6Azyk0]

It's a game where you use the PS Move controller to stack blocks. The motion controls are incredibly precise, and you can move things around in full 3D space. It's very similar to Kinect, only much more accurate.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

zezzy wrote:

The game is very similar to kinect? ...

Yeah that game is old news

I mean the type of gameplay (moving around in 3D space) is very similar to some Kinect games, except it's much more accurate.

[...

Chrono_Cross

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

@Splat

Yes it will.

Does the same apply to demos? Like if I make some progress in a demo, and I purchase the full version over PSN, will my progress carry over in the full game?

If it's a full game trial, yes. If it's a demo, no.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Link245

I have $60 to spend, and I was wondering if I should preorder Twisted Metal at GameStop or get a bunch of PS3 exclusives like Killzone 2, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

zezhyrule

Link245 wrote:

I have $60 to spend, and I was wondering if I should preorder Twisted Metal at GameStop or get a bunch of PS3 exclusives like Killzone 2, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Whatever you prefer, but I would recommend not getting MGS4 unless you've played all the other games in the series. It directly references them throughout, and you won't understand it one bit unless you play the earlier games.

MGS1 is available on PSN, and the recent MGS HD Collection includes 2 and 3, along with Peace Walker. The MGS franchise is one of my favorite video game franchises, and I recommend all of these games.

But since you only have $60... No idea what you should get

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Chrono_Cross

What zezzy said. Do not start with MGS4. Start with MGS1 and play them in order via MGS HD Collection THEN get MGS4. You'd be a blind fool to jump in at 4.

But if you can get more money for Twisted Metal by the time it releases then by all means get Killzone 2 and Motorstorm PR. Magnificent games.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

Retro_on_theGo

Link245 wrote:

Preorder Twisted Metal, trust me. It's going to be amazing. Plus Motorstorm isn't that great IMO. It's not bad it was just something was off with the controls IMO.(I don't own it, just played it before.) What zez said about MGS4 and I haven't played Killzone so can't say anything on that.
If you can wait for launch I say preoerdering Twisted Metal is your best option. If you want something now and are sure you can get more money for TM in time I'd recommended looking into the Metal Gear franchise or Killzone 2.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Link245

I can wait until TM launch, I just wanted to know what I should get. These would introduce me to other PS3 exclusives.

Edited on by Link245

Currently Playing:

Chrono_Cross

Are Killzone and Mortorstorm the only games your interested in? Because you should try out Heavy Rain...

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

LordTendoboy

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Are Killzone and Mortorstorm the only games your interested in? Because you should try out Heavy Rain...

I tried the Heavy Rain PS Move demo and I was very unimpressed. The walking controls were clunky and the motion controls were unresponsive. It took me 5 minutes just to make the detective pull out a wallet from his pocket.

[...

Chrono_Cross

Try it without the PS Move. It's much funner. And give the controls a chance. Trust me if you complete this game just once, you will walk away very, very satisfied.

Just for you.

irken004

I made my first purchases from the PSN store: two War for Cybertron map/character packs.

Arkham City is my current addiction, along with War for Cybertron

KarrotMan

Any way to refund a game I just purchased? I don't believe so I just got RE4 off, but everytime I try to DL it, I keep on getting error messages. There is no possible way I can DL it with my current old router, so unless I get a new internet router, I just wasted $20.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Colors

I just got FFXIII Freaking incredible
I need to pre-order XIII-2

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

LordTendoboy

zezzy wrote:

You need to finish FFXIII before you even think of preordering XIII-2 noob

...why am I talking? D:

Post of the day.

You win an Internet!

[...

Slapshot

Starting and sticking with Killzone 3 is my bit of advice - previous Killzone's aren't that great. Killzone 3 is only perfect scoring game reviewed at Movemodo (read review here) and Resistance 3 was completely shocking with how it infused a deep, emotional story line into FPS gameplay. It would have gotten a 9/10 at Movemodo, but the 8/10 Movemodo review had to be docked a point for the weak Move implementation at launch — now fixed.

I highly recommend both of the games. They are two of the best FPS games on the market!

@tendoboy Tumble is indeed a really fun game that truly shows off the precision that Move brings to the table. I really need to get back and finish that one up too! Since you have Move, check out Auditorium HD and StarDrone. Both of the games use Move very well and are unique games that I really enjoyed.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Link245

I think I'd regret not preordering TM becasue I would miss out on a great game and getting Black for free. I guess I will preorder that.
@Slapshot Killzone 3 sounds great. I'll get it eventually. I already have Resistance 3 and it's great!

Currently Playing:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.