Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 9,907

SwerdMurd

Sometimes I feel like people dish out 300 dollars for the console they don't want just to justify being able to talk crap about it...

Edited on by theblackdragon

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Adam

theblackdragon was here.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

DarkG

Swerd_Murd wrote:

Sometimes I feel like people dish out 300 dollars for the console they don't want just to justify being able to talk crap about it...

I doubt anyone would "dish out 300 dollars for the console they don't want just to justify being able to talk crap about it" as you say it... perhaps some people are more critical and unforgiving of a console/company's flaws than others?

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

SwerdMurd

@Dark - I don't justify anything. I was trying to indicate that I feel a lot of the "I own both, but this one sucks and I can say so cause I own it" talk is made by someone only owning the favored console and simply tossing that in to give merit to the derision of the other. I know you don't fit this stereotype--your anti-Sony saga's basis is well-documented.

-Swerd Murd

theblackdragon

Guys, the comments about piracy made absolutely no sense in the context of the thread; Swerd_Murd, your comment made perfect sense without that being tacked onto it. DarkG, i don't care who you quoted, that part of this conversation is now over. Drop it.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

DarkG

so my last post was deleted why...? I can't reply to Swerd_Murd's last post? great...

CanisWolfred

Careful boys, don't want to get this one locked.

Wasn't the Xbox 360 one locked at one point? I know the PS3 vs. Xbox 360 one was(actually, I think multiple console vs. console threads have been locked by know...)

Anywho, anyone heard anymore news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DarkG

sure, whatever you say to make you feel better and powerful... I can't even reply to the first part of the edited post then... why even edit and delete when it wasn't out of control or offtopic in any way?...

Adam

Complaints are supposed to be emailed to the staff per forum rules, not posted in a thread where it just serves to derail the topic. Just offering some advice as someone who has done the same once upon a time and been warned for it.

Edit: Sage advice, which I strongly suggest be heeded. -V

Edited on by Vendetta

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

y2josh

Has anybody played Darksiders? I have been waiting for God Of War III and this game feels a lot like God Of War and Zelda mixed together. It's a very fun game.

y2josh

Dezner

I read a bit about Darksiders, it sounds interesting but all my money went towards Bayonetta. Might give it a look if there's a demo...though I haven't looked if there is.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Terra

The PSN is working for me now. I didn't do anything to the router, it just worked when I tried it this morning and the connection is faster again.

Terra

Twitter:

AlexSays

Key thing is people can not spend 300 and still say they own it.

And apparently I think differently of who fits which stereotypes.

AlexSays

DarkG

Terranigma wrote:

The PSN is working for me now. I didn't do anything to the router, it just worked when I tried it this morning and the connection is faster again.

Either your ISP or the PSN server you connect to was under unexpected maintenance for some reason... or your router was simply acting goofy lol

Terra

Strofan7 wrote:

I'm a little confused as to what final fantasy versus is...enlighten me?

It's an Action RPG set in the same universe as FFXIII, but the two titles are independent of each other and apparently, Versus will have a darker tone to it. Here's the Wiki Page

Edited on by Terra

Terra

Twitter:

Sean007s

Swerd_Murd wrote:

Actually some people do that.
Certain people i might add

I like Xbox's games but its Fanboys have pretty much screwed me over on my youtube(thus why i removed all my Videos and re-started)
Back when i made videos a year ago about my Wii and talking about getting a PS3(which i now own and am happy with the purchase!^^),well lets say some little Xbox fanboy nerds had to flame me saying crap like "DUDE THE PS3 SUX" "the xbox has way more games and it has more dlc"

Did they mention it breaks down in a couple of months?
Also my friends "jasper" model is gone.

This is why i'm not going for an Xbox and PERSONALLY I like to OWN a console and not have AD's on the menu's or stupid Playstation HOME and Mii Rip-offs.

I'll stick with my PS3 and Wii. I like Xbox360's games such as Mass Effect and GoW but thats it to be honest.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

SwerdMurd

@Sean - that whole line of talk got kinda censored/obfuscated anyway, and for good reason--While I personally didn't feel I spoke off topic, the subject matter wasn't exactly forum-friendly here and I forgot about that. Honestly the fanboyism is the same on both sides--I feel that, possibly due to price point, the mean age of Xbox 360 owners may be a hair lower, but I notice the same common thread of hatred on both sides.

My point was that I feel like some people lie and say "but I also have an Xbox360 so my reiteration of the same anti-360 rhetoric actually pulls weight!" when in actuality, they only own PS3, are happy with it, and have substantially less experience with the other console. That and pointing out that the internet is even more conducive to dishonesty from those who are already somewhat dishonest people given the lack of accountability...I mean who's gonna seek you out in real life and fact-check what you're saying?

@Strofan - I'm surprised how many people know next to nothing of this game's existence, although maybe I shouldn't be given how little has really been published yet. It's set in the same universe apparently, but with some slight sylistic (as far as I understand, increased-realism) changes and an action-based battle system. The teaser videos look gawgeous, but it's standard Square-Enix FMV eye candy and really doesn't reflect anything gameplay-oriented yet...plus it's pretty old now. But yeah, there's a whole set of games called (as of a few years ago when I read the original article) Fabula Nova Crystalis, and consists of FF XIII for 360/PS3, FF Versus-XIII for PS3, FF Agito XIII for PSP, and I think there was a cellphone game, probably japanese-only, that I'm forgetting about. In any case, little-to-no information has been released about anything non-regular-XIII...but I'm excited!

-Swerd Murd

Sean007s

Swerd_Murd wrote:

@Sean - that whole line of talk got kinda censored/obfuscated anyway, and for good reason--While I personally didn't feel I spoke off topic, the subject matter wasn't exactly forum-friendly here and I forgot about that. Honestly the fanboyism is the same on both sides--I feel that, possibly due to price point, the mean age of Xbox 360 owners may be a hair lower, but I notice the same common thread of hatred on both sides.

My point was that I feel like some people lie and say "but I also have an Xbox360 so my reiteration of the same anti-360 rhetoric actually pulls weight!" when in actuality, they only own PS3, are happy with it, and have substantially less experience with the other console. That and pointing out that the internet is even more conducive to dishonesty from those who are already somewhat dishonest people given the lack of accountability...I mean who's gonna seek you out in real life and fact-check what you're saying?

@Strofan - I'm surprised how many people know next to nothing of this game's existence, although maybe I shouldn't be given how little has really been published yet. It's set in the same universe apparently, but with some slight sylistic (as far as I understand, increased-realism) changes and an action-based battle system. The teaser videos look gawgeous, but it's standard Square-Enix FMV eye candy and really doesn't reflect anything gameplay-oriented yet...plus it's pretty old now. But yeah, there's a whole set of games called (as of a few years ago when I read the original article) Fabula Nova Crystalis, and consists of FF XIII for 360/PS3, FF Versus-XIII for PS3, FF Agito XIII for PSP, and I think there was a cellphone game, probably japanese-only, that I'm forgetting about. In any case, little-to-no information has been released about anything non-regular-XIII...but I'm excited!

Yeah i agree,anyway lets move on to some PS3 ONLY.
Some fanboys have to bring the 360 up randomly(you know who you are and your pathetic)

Hey,does anyone know what FFXIV is about?
Like its an online MMO but will it be the same as say...World of Warcraft??

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

SwerdMurd

@Sean - God I hope not. World of Warcraft is everything I don't like about MMOs in the same package. FF14 looks to break significantly from the current MMO trend. Apparently the battle system/job system is tied to equipment, so switching swords, or from a sword to a lance, allows for skills of a different skill set, etc. And unlike WOW, which looks like a Gamecube reject in places, FF14 looks absolutely jaw-dropping. I hope PSN can handle it--if so, I'll be all over it (and White Knight Chronicles--which, btw world, comes out Feb 2nd and looks quite fun)

-Swerd Murd

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.