Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 6,161 to 6,180 of 9,907

zezhyrule

YellowChocobo wrote:

Especially the Monster Hunter fans out there

I have this feeling that's aimed at me o.o

Since you talked me into to it, I plan on picking it up sometime soon D:
though in chat you did say it was easier than MH so xD

Edit: From the reviews I've read, this game sounds unforgiving D: Don't think I can be as greedy as I am with MH

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Bankai

zezhyrule wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Especially the Monster Hunter fans out there

I have this feeling that's aimed at me o.o

Since you talked me into to it, I plan on picking it up sometime soon D:
though in chat you did say it was easier than MH so xD

It's easier, yes. You're still gonna die a lot (especially if you haven't played Demon's Souls).

It has a lock-on, which is both why the game is easier than MH, and more fun

Slapshot

@zez If you haven't played Demon Souls, I'd definitely start there, as the online servers might not be up for too much longer and you'll wan't to experience the game with them up, or you'll miss the true feel of the game. Not to mention that the game is really cheap too! Of course, then go immediately by Dark Souls!

As for the lock-on, it's not Zelda Z-targeting by any means, but the game would be near impossible without it. Once you play the game, you'll understand. It's very much in the same genre as Monster Hunter.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

zezhyrule

So I should start with Demon's Souls then? It is pretty cheap... But is there any other reason I should besides the servers closing soon? I've heard that Dark Souls is better and stuff so... I'm confused D:

I'm not worried about the lock-on in this game, I'm just concerned that waltz thinks MH needs it xP

Edit: And am I the only one who despises those red Greatest Hits boxes? They're so... red D:

Edited on by zezhyrule

ryanheinz

Sorry to be off topic, but I love my PS3 but I have some connection troubles with it.. alot.

Switch FC: 3315-9709-8980
PSN: MightyLemonade

Twitter:

Popyman

YellowChocobo wrote:

It's brilliant, if a little less striking than Demon's Souls before it.

So, does that mean you like Demon's better or am I reading that wrong? Only reason I'm asking is I went straight to Dark Souls and am loving the hell out of it. I'm seriously considering getting the first one sometime. :3

And yeah, it's VERY Monster Hunter-ish when it comes to its mechanics. I also think the difficulty is blown way, WAY out of proportion.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Slapshot

The Souls series difficulty is above insanity to those who've grown up in this new era of game that babysit the gamers. No offense to anyone who's younger here, as I know many are, but if you enjoy Monster Hunter, then you'll be right on par in Demon Souls. Someone though who thinks Ratchet and Clank, Super Mario Galaxy(s), or pretty much 99% of games made today on Normal difficulties, are really hard, then they will be getting there butts handed to them on 24K Gold platter!

Regardless of which Souls game you start off with, you'll be doing yourself an injustice to not play both if you like either of them!

And, I'm off to play my new WayForward DS title Aliens: Infestation. I'm the only person to preorder it in my local game store and I'm dang proud to be one of the few who still cherish 2D gaming to the core!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

pikku

Man, i almost want a PS3 just for Dark Souls lol D:

@zez nope. I hate the red boxes too. ....and the blue vita boxes >.>

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Fuzzy

Hmmm, sounds like I'm gonna have to check out Dark Souls. Damn, with all these games coming out, it's gonna be hard to keep up.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

irken004

You should all read the preview for Fall of Cybertron in the latest Gameinformer issue.

It sounds GREAT :3

zezhyrule

pikmaniac02 wrote:

Man, i almost want a PS3 just for Dark Souls lol D:

yay then someone else I know will have bought this game and we'll be dark souls buddies and soulmates 4ever < 3 < 3 < 3
yay for mocking mockery

Aviator

I want Batman in my pants now.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Colors

I traded in Sonic Unleashed (Wii), Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and Mario Party 8 at GameStop for a $20 PSN card and Valkyria Chronicles.

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

SilentJ

Demon & Dark Souls both look really awesome but I tend to get too frustrated with hard games which is the only reason I haven't picked them up yet.

I just finished collecting all the riddles in Arkham Asylum. Time to finally face the Joker.

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.