Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 6,121 to 6,140 of 9,907

JayArr

Pssssh, if you don't think ice cream sundaes are art, you're buying them in the wrong places or a self hatin' fatteh.

On topic: Have you guys talked about the confirmation of PS2 games on PSN or this old news here? (I don't follow this thread)

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Chrono_Cross

zezhyrule wrote:

Also, doesn't Uncharted 3 release in November?

Everything releases in November.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

odd69

Kid_Crono wrote:

Everything releases in November.

]

Yep. Skyrim is on the eleventh. I am supposed to get the 150$ collectors edition ( i just wont eat for a few days).

Also, I'm not sure about you guys and gals, but dungeon defenders comes out this month and ill be hitting that up DAY ONE. Anyone excited for this?

Also for the Castlevania harmony of despair players, I just got ALL the map packs and one dlc character, Maria.It cost me 13$ I've just paid 25 dollars plus for this game basically with most of the dlc. Im not sure if you could put a price on how much i am enjoying this. Anyway If you are not a hardcore fan but thinking about getting this, wait for the price drop unless you can cough up the dough.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

zezhyrule

JayArr wrote:

On topic: Have you guys talked about the confirmation of PS2 games on PSN or this old news here? (I don't follow this thread)

There are some PS2 games on PSN, like GoW 1 & 2, RE4 and Code: Veronica X, the Prince of Persia games and then BG&E. There might be some more but I'm not sure. They're all HD and have trophy support also.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

pikku

zezhyrule wrote:

JayArr wrote:

There are some PS2 games on PSN, like GoW 1 & 2, RE4 and Code: Veronica X, the Prince of Persia games and then BG&E. There might be some more but I'm not sure. They're all HD and have trophy support also.
I love pikky

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

JayArr

Yeah, I wasn't specific in my post. xP

Talking about the announcement of GodHand, Odin's Sphere, GrimGrimoire and such. SUpposedly it's supposed to be direct emulation of PS2 games instead of HD tailored ones. It's a big deal because Sony stated they couldn't emulate PS2 games with out the EE chip. So they are basically admitting they lied about the PS3 not being able to run PS2 games, supposedly to to continue sales of that system.

It's creating quite the stir. O:

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

zezhyrule

I never heard of this D:

Is it just a rumor, or was it confirmed that directly emulated PS2 games are coming to PSN?
I wonder, wouldn't haxorz have figured out that the PS3 is capable of running PS2 games by now if it were so?

You know, why direct emulation anyway? A widescreen HD Odin's Sphere would be nice...

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

CanisWolfred

zezhyrule wrote:

I never heard of this D:

Is it just a rumor, or was it confirmed that directly emulated PS2 games are coming to PSN?
I wonder, wouldn't haxorz have figured out that the PS3 is capable of running PS2 games by now if it were so?

You know, why direct emulation anyway? A widescreen HD Odin's Sphere would be nice...

Just announced today. And yes, it's confirmed: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/03/introducing-only-on...

The exclusive games are a Joke, IMO, but so was the last Summer of Arcade on XBLA (which is fine, we got a ton of other great games later). Almost makes me wonder who's the idiot picking the games to make exclusive.

As for hackers figuring out how to emulate PS2 games on the PS3, I wish. Last time I checked, no one had figured it out yet. Seems Sony's actually ahead of the game.

And Odin Sphere looks good enough without the HD. The real big deal is whether or not it'll fix the slowdown the original had.

The big thing about the PS2 games is that they're focusing on hard to find games. For a niche gamer on a budget like me, this is a huge deal.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Popyman

@Odd69: I forgot to tell you thanks for the games the other day! It was a lot of fun! And this morning, after you left, we ALMOST beat Dracula. We were so close it was pathetic. I want to unlock Hard mode and all the new stuff that entails so bad...

AND I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT ABOUT TOMORROW. I FINALLY GET TO PLAY GOD HAND!! And for only TEN bucks!

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Bankai

As for hackers figuring out how to emulate PS2 games on the PS3, I wish. Last time I checked, no one had figured it out yet. Seems Sony's actually ahead of the game.

It's got nothing to do with the lack of ability of hackers, or Sony's diligence. The PS3 lacks the actual hardware to run PS2 games. Different architectures. The reason PS2 compatibility was removed from the console is that Sony was trying to pull costs down by removing the 'unnecessary' hardware that allowed PS2 emulation.

Edited on by Bankai

y2josh

I didn't think anyone was talking about retail games.

y2josh

Bankai

y2josh wrote:

I didn't think anyone was talking about retail games.

They were talking about hackers figuring out how to run PS2 games on PS3

I explained why that wasn't going to happen.

y2josh

I thought that meant by downloading it and playing it however those hackers already do all the other downloadable games. Because I don't think they can do that with PS2 games.

y2josh

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

Yeah, we're talking about emulation here, the hackers don't seem to have gotten that far yet, while Sony has, and no one knows how or why.

Do we know these PS2 games are the exact, original PS2 code?

I'm not talking about HD remakes or anything, but is is possible that the original PS2 game's code has been tweaked to make it playable on PS3 hardware?

This is coming from a programming dunce, but that's one way I could see it working for Sony, but not for the hackers.

Slapshot

Sorry, the Uncharted 3 multiplayer got an early release, so that's why you're seeing people on your Friends List playing it.

@odd Dude, I've been anticipating Dungeon Defenders release for a LONGTIME!

And, I'm super stoked for getting both Odin Sphere and Maximo. Both of those gamers are extremely fun, especially Maximo, which should have been a much bigger hit than it was.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.