Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 6,081 to 6,100 of 9,907

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

So Atelier Totori is apparently very good. Another game I'm really looking forward to playing.

After saying you're going to get one for the last, what, two years, you really should get around to getting that PS3 first

But yeah, this is doing nicely in Japan. Very nearly picked it up while I was there.

I'll try to get one for my birthday.

Good. Because then we can multiplay, and we have similar taste in games.

CanisWolfred

YellowChocobo wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

So Atelier Totori is apparently very good. Another game I'm really looking forward to playing.

After saying you're going to get one for the last, what, two years, you really should get around to getting that PS3 first

But yeah, this is doing nicely in Japan. Very nearly picked it up while I was there.

Really? It seems to me like we rarely agree...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

@Mickey Nice! I wish I had the time to play a good RPG these days, but I think my RPG days are pretty much done now that I'm trying to have a little one. Hang on, I'm playing Shining Force on my iPhone, so maybe there's still hope after all!

I'm really interested in the new Castlevania, but the 360 version didn't seem to go over too well from what I remember. I've also got a ton of reviews coming up, so maybe by my Christmas break I'll have time to give it a go.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Really? It seems to me like we rarely agree...

Just because we disagree on the order in which Final Fantasy games are awesome, doesn't mean we don't both share a love of JRPGs, Atlus, and all other good stuffs.

Aviator

Dead Space 2 is awesome. Freaky stuff, I love it.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Fuzzy

Just got back from being on a holiday. Now there's so many games the catch up on to distract me from doing any work.

So, I've got BloodRayne, Drive: SF, and From Dust demos to try, along with Breath of Fire for PSP and MHP3rdHD to keep me busy.

Is there a demo of ICO & SotC coming out? I'll probably get it anyway, but would like to take a look first.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Platypus

Battlefield 3 beta is open to everyone!

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

y2josh

Strofan7 wrote:

Just bought ico and shadow of the colossus. So stoked here

I just got it last night as well. I hope we both enjoy them greatly

y2josh

The_Fox

Mickeymac wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

soccer686 wrote:

Battlefield 3 beta is open to everyone!

Does this also apply to the Xbox 360?

Yes it does, at least for Gold members. I'm off to play Battlefield 3~

Holy crap, I almost forgot about that! I need to start downloading this the second I get home.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Slapshot

Hey guess what? Battlefield 3's Beta is insanely filled with glitches that still haven't been fixed from the Closed Beta! Imagine that, and to think that the graphics are suppose to blow my mind and I'm suppose to be jaw-dropped on the floor in awe and amazement over this game that will make a billion in revenue. Well I'm just not! Resistance 3 is way more fun than this online. It's not bad at all, and it's got potential, but the graphics are nowhere near Uncharted 2 and it's flat-out bugged to hell and back!

Oh well, I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I ****** sick and tired of hearing about nothing but Battlefield 3 vs Modern Warfare 3. Just release the dang games and hopefully our news sites will go back to normal; instead of all the: Which game has better graphics? What system Battlefield 3 looks better on? Why to buy Battlefield 3 for the Xbox 360? The reason that Modern Warfare will dominate the Christmas Holidays? Why Modern Warfare 3 on the PS3 will put the Microsoft out of business, Battlefield 3 graphics comparisons, Modern Warfare 3 graphics comparisons, Why the perk in Modern Warfare 3 will put Infinity Ward out of business, Modern Warfare 3 will suck and we've got proof, Why Modern Warfare 3 will rock you socks off, and on, and on, and on to Infinity until it will all but drive you to a Ward (yes, pun intended and it's a dang good one at that!) ... I just don't care anymore!

CanisWolfred

Yeah, the graphics suck and there are glitches everywhere. It's frustrating. Still, I found it to be pretty fun. I'll probably play more tomorrow then wait for it to get better.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Aviator

I only found glitches once, in the open field area place, I kept falling through the floor. Other than that I had a somewhat fun time playing it, even if those shooters aint my thing.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

CanisWolfred

I've seen random people popping out of nowhere. I've gotten stuck in the open field several times. I've been killed by a dead guy. Twice. I've fallen through the floor several times after dying. Oh, I've been sniped by a guy who found his way above the sky.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

I watched every dead person on the map start sliding across the map like the whole thing was ice and on a hill. It was actually kind of funny as I was snipping and all of a sudden a dead body starting sliding by, and when I zoomed out I saw about 5-6 other doing the same thing. I've been shot multiple time by dead people. I fell through the floor on multiple occasions and my gun wouldn't reload a few times. I lagged out and I also froze up too when I tried to join up with a friend. My gun would blink into and from existence when I was running at one point. Also, when I was sniping my character would stand up and down without me touching any buttons. Severe graphical glitches allover the screen, especially outside the main play area. Heck there's a rotating radar in one map, and even though I had a clear shot with my Sniper Rifle, my bullet was hitting the invisible wall of the rotating radar. I could go on too. All of this was in less than an hour of gameplay too!

I've actually gotten quite an eye for this kind of stuff since I've been reviewing games and this is way too many issues for this game to be so close to launch. But, there obviously going to launch it broken and patch it up later. It's kinda like buying a car without brakes, but the manufacturer saying: "Oh, well we'll put them in for you in a few weeks for you at no cost!" It's ridiculous and unless a miracle happens between now and a month away, this game will likely be reviewed much lower than what many are expecting.

kevohki

Popyman wrote:

kevohki wrote:

Popyman wrote:

Anybody get Castlevania: Harmony of Despair today? I bought it, kind of on a whim. This will be my second Castlevania game (well, third if you count Lords of Shadow). Add me if you do, though I'm sure I'll be terrible. XD

PSN: Popyman51

How is it? I'm interested in it but I'm thinking of waiting for it to go on sale. Plus Code Veronica took $10 out of my wallet already.

I like it a WHOLE lot. I don't know how it compares to the rest of the series, but it is awesome to me. Lots of different characters, LOTS of loot to collect, and online multiplayer. I have a feeling I'll be playing this for quite a while. :3

I just picked up HoD so add me if you still want to play sometime.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

Aviator

@Slapshot maybe we could get a few NL games together.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Slapshot

Sure thing. I might be away most of this weekend, but any weeknights I can get a match or two in.

So, in discussing The ICO and The Shadow of the Colossus Collection I wrote a statement that I've got to share:

Like the paintings of Picasso and Machiavelli, these games truly are masterpieces of art that have withstood the test of time; aging to perfection like a fine bottle of Cabernet.

I can't recommend this collection enough!

Edited on by Slapshot

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.