Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 601 to 620 of 9,907

castlehominid99

You can check how much expierience from enemies and from the level that you have when you go to chapter select. Most of the expierience that I was missing was by not going where you aren't supposed to go and hard to find vials I got all of the expirience from enemies my first time through

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

odd69

@AlexSays Good point. I'm wondering if Final Fantasy 13 will have "exclusive content" now just because it's coming to both systems

@slapshot82 Not all enemies drop experience in Trine though. The majority of them do so it's best to kill everything. Also you can find hidden vials which are cleverly placed in levels. You can Watch youtube videos on how to get them, which i did for a few stages.

@SilentJ I'm not that good dude, not at all LOL. I actually play online co-op way more than competitive. I'm usually a medic(co-op) that actually heals people(nice concept) haha. I do dab in the spec ops though and i actually throw ammo for people so i make a good team player. Playing against other people is fun but sometimes i get worked up so i mostly just play co-op. What mode you you play?

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Sean007s

DarkG wrote:

if Conviction was multiplat, it would probably have degraded graphics so that both versions look close enough (See GTA IV)...

and what shingi_70 says is true... they funded it, and got the distribution rights to it... those two GTA games aren't going anywhere Microsoft doesn't want them to...

Wrong.
I had GTA4 on my 360 and it streamed the cities too slow and everything dissapeared,thus not being able to enjoy the speed of my Comet or any other car for that bloody matter.
On my PS3,it has a lower Frame-rate but better graphics from what i am see.

Also i hear that new DLC is coming to the PS3 this year....actually i read somewhere that they announced it in an interview.
So please don't for one second think its not coming. It only sold 100,000 and Rockstar are annoyed at M$ for not marketing it,therefore they would more likely expand on the GTA4 DLC to make up for MS's poor work.

Edited on by Sean007s

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

DarkG

That's exactly what I meant... GTAIV is by no means stressing the 360 because they wanted both games to look as close as possible... the PS3 versions runs on sub-HD resolution and without AA, so they went for the bare minimum specs on the 360: 720p and 2x AA, and reduced draw distance too...

Microsoft funded the development of that games... Los & Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony are EXCLUSIVE GTA games and they aren't coming out where MIcrosoft don't want them to... what Rockstar said is that they are doing some DLC for GTAIV that would be multiplatform, not that they would bring (and degrade) the more than 1 year old games to the PS3

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

Terra

Ok, I need to ask something as I've been having an unusual error. My PS3 is having trouble connecting to the PSN lately, it's been rather slow and now it's been saying that it's not available in my country/region. Can somebody help please?

Terra

Twitter:

DarkG

check your router... try setting the PS3 as a DMZ with a fixed IP...
and PSN is slow by default, that's how it's always been lol

Terra

I checked the router, everything looks ok. How do you set the console as a DMZ?

EDIT: I just noticed that the PS Official site is undergoing maintenance and the server is down. Would that have any affect?.

Edited on by Terra

Terra

Twitter:

DarkG

look in your router, under either the LAN or Security settings there should be an option called DMZ (De-Militarized Zone), that's where you put the static IP address you assigned the PS3 with before...

beware that wathever is DMZ will bypass all security checks your router does, so only use it with a Console.

Terra

The PS3 is being used now to watch Angel so I can't get on but when I can, I'll give that a try.

Edited on by Terra

Terra

Twitter:

y2josh

This is a place to discuss PS3. There is a thread to discuss 360 as well. Please stop with the fanboy crap. It's ridiculous.

y2josh

theblackdragon

@Josh: Everyone in both the PS3 and 360 fan threads are more than welcome to discuss the differences between the two systems and their software... to a point. If someone gets obnoxious and personal and starts flinging insults, please report them, but if you just don't like what someone has to say, ignore 'em. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

odd69

Thanks for the info about the gta dlc guys, i was wondering about it. I haven't heard anything about multiplatform dlc for gta. Can anyone post a link? By the way you just can't discuss the differences between two systems someone always gets offended.

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Nintendork

Strofan7 wrote:

Is there some sort of setting we can do where a specific persons comments wont even show up? thats the world i want to live in haha

Took the words right out my mouth lol..

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

theblackdragon

@Strofan7, Nintendork: sadly, there is not. time to put on your big-boy pants, guys, and ignore things the old-fashioned way -- by not replying to them. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Nintendork

Aw, I hate doing that.

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

Slapshot

http://www.pushsquare.com/9997/sony-graphically-heavy-rain-bl...

So, Uncharted 2 is the first game to ALMOST completely NOT use the limited graphics card in the PS3. The limited graphics card is there for devs as a help tool for them as a crutch kinda for developing graphics WITH the cell processor. Heavy Rain is supposed to look even better than Uncharted 2 and its the best looking game there is out there. Heavy Rain may just have hit the must buy list lol. This is great news though as the Cell Processor can push graphics better than ANY graphics card out there and we are starting to see developers shy away from it, wich was Sonys intent from the get go with putting in the limited card in there in the first place lol.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

DarkG

slapshot82 wrote:

Cell Processor can push graphics better than ANY graphics card out there.

The ATi Radeon HD3750, 3770, 3870, 3870 X2, 4750, 4770, 4850, 4870, 4870 X2, 4890, 4890 X2, 5750, 5770, 5870 and 5970 say hi
oh, and DirectX 10.1 and 11 say hi too

AlexSays

Strofan7 wrote:

Is there some sort of setting we can do where a specific persons comments wont even show up?

But then I'd have so few people to talk to. lol

It seems the majority of agitation comes from certain users though. Like ones that say they own both consoles in order to criticize one of them endlessly in EVERY thread and still think people take them seriously.

Sometimes I'll just start reading a post, glance at the name real quick, and skip to the next post. lol

AlexSays

Adam

I own all three consoles, and they all suck except for the NES.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.