Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 5,841 to 5,860 of 9,907

SwerdMurd

Kid_Crono wrote:

Just got done playing No More Heroes: Heroe's Paradise demo and I have to say from the looks of it, there's no reason to get this

completely agree--the game was pure, unadulterated ass, version notwithstanding

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Aviator

zezhyrule wrote:

I just pre-ordered MHP3rd HD ver. Can't wait 'til it gets here

fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I picked up ME2 for a quarter of the price today.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

zezhyrule

@y2josh: There is no English version, at least not yet. And I don't see one coming as it's the first game in the PSP remaster series and the PSP game wasn't localized either :3

lots of Japanese text ftw! ...

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Bankai

SwerdMurd wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Just got done playing No More Heroes: Heroe's Paradise demo and I have to say from the looks of it, there's no reason to get this

Yeah, bingo. The game might have ruled the roost on the Wii, but on the PS3 where there are better games of a similar style, the fundamental weaknesses really show up strong.

Slapshot

@Mickeymac and turtlelink I'm now back from my flipping awesome vacation - well almost, I've got about an hour and a half of driving left to actually be home (in-laws house now) - but, when I get home I'll add you guys to my 3DS list. Glad to see that y'all got a 3DS. I really enjoy mine.

NOTE This thread may be called PS3 Thread but, putting Friend Codes and/or talking about games that should be on the PS3/PSN etc. is all well and acceptable here. I kinda think of this thread as a little hideaway where anything goes, but the main subject always comes back to PS3 talk.

On that note - seeing as there is Harry Potter games on PS3 - if any of you ever get the chance to make it to Universal Studios, in Orlando FL, then make sure you jump on the opportunity. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is Awesome, and worth every penny of the entry price into the amusement park! ($100 a person per day)

I took my PSP, loaded with Minis on my trip and I've found a few more really fun titles. Enigmo, Jelly Car 2, Blimp: The Flying Adventure and MiniSquadron are all worth picking up!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bankai

I took my PSP, loaded with Minis on my trip and I've found a few more really fun titles. Enigmo, Jelly Car 2, Blimp: The Flying Adventure and MiniSquadron are all worth picking up!

Pac Man Championship edition is a must have Mini, too. It's perfect for that format.

SwerdMurd

@y2 - we were talking about it all week at work. Very excited--hopefully this time they'll learn how to manage a quest list

-Swerd Murd

y2josh

@Swerd: I didn't have much of a problem with the quest list. I liked being able to get a whole bunch of quests and do them whenever I wanted. I wish they would include a sidekick system of some sort so when you play with friends who are 20 or 30 levels higher than you can do more than 1 damage. It was cool to be able to be power leveled so easily, but I like playing more.

y2josh

SwerdMurd

@y2 - my issue was with how poorly they were organized...it was difficult to figure out where to go--lots of warping between maps then checking for turn-in indicators. It was a game I'd leave for months at a time then come back to--and a lot of that time was spent "where the hell am I"-ing all over the map looking for quests to turn in. That framerate could also use a significant fixing-up, as could enemy AI. The fact that you could only focus on one quest at a time was kinda frustrating too (in terms of getting a compass/map indicator)...

-Swerd Murd

y2josh

Yeah, that jumping from zone to zone was pretty hellacious. I'm hoping the 2nd fixes all the problems the first had, especially the "story".

y2josh

Chrono_Cross

WaltzElf wrote:

SwerdMurd wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Yeah, bingo. The game might have ruled the roost on the Wii, but on the PS3 where there are better games of a similar style, the fundamental weaknesses really show up strong.

No your... not seeing the point. The point is, is that it adds nothing new to the experience besides HD graphics. It's still a great game.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Slapshot

@Kid_Chrono What he is trying to say is that the when No More Heroes released on the Wii, the system was in desperate need for a so-called hardcore title and because of the extreme use of language and overly violent gameplay - which in no way make it a true hardcore game - it sold quite well, and enough to warrant a sequel. If the game had released on the PS3/Xbox 360 the game would likely have not seen the success that it did.

For all the PS+ members who downloaded Crash Commando, if you see me on and playing it - which will probably be a lot as it's wicked fun - send me an invite.

Bankai

Kid_Crono wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

SwerdMurd wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

No your... not seeing the point. The point is, is that it adds nothing new to the experience besides HD graphics. It's still a great game.

Yeah except it's not a good game at all.

Went over well on the Wii because people had no alternatives. Destined to sink into obscurity on the PS3 because there's a few hundred better games. Heck, even Suda's released a far better game on PS3. Shadows of the Damned >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No More Heroes.

Edited on by Bankai

kaw270

Are there any good playstation forums there is one site called ps3trophies.org, but they can get boring, any suggestions?

Slapshot

@turtlelink and Mickeymac I finally found my misplaced 3DS and added you guys up.

@Waltz Hey man, I added you to my new 3DS also, so if you can add me up again I'd appreciate it.

Slapshot

kaw270 wrote:

Are there any good playstation forums there is one site called ps3trophies.org, but they can get boring, any suggestions?

Yep, this thread is a great place to start and outside of here we also have www.movemodo.com and www.vitagamr.com which also feature PlayStation Forums. Welcome to our little PS3 hideout though!

Tomorrows PSN Update Preview [confirmed]
Madden NFL 12 Demo
Driver: San Francisco Demo
Comix Zone [PlayStation Plus subscribers ONLY]
Mortal Kombat DLC – Freddy Krueger
Mortal Kombat DLC – Sub-Zero skins and Compatibility Pack
Far Cry 2 [Full Game Trial]
Final Fantasy Type-0 Demo [Japan ONLY, August 11]
minis
Rock Band DLC – Def Leppard Pack
“Animal (Live)” X
“Bringin’ on the Heartbreak” X
“Photograph” X
“Pour Some Sugar on Me (Live)” X
“Rock of Ages” X
“Undefeated” X

Coming Soon to PSN

• Breath of Fire - PSOne Classic Aug 16
  • Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Aug 16
  • DeathSpank: The Baconing Aug 30
  • BloodRayne Betrayal Oct 6
  • Renegade Ops Sept 13
  • PAYDAY: The Heist Sept 20
  • Resident Evil 4 HD Sept 20
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD Sept 20
  • Nimbus+
  • Pixeljunk Sidescroller
  • Pixeljunk lifelike
  • Papa and Yo
  • Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  • Awesomenaughts
  • Oddword: Strangers Wrath
  • Amy
  • Machinarium
  • Journer
  • .... more to come too!

Edited on by Slapshot

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.