Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 5,441 to 5,460 of 9,907

Fuzzy

@Waltz - thanks. I clicked on that link to your site after I posted the question. I hadn't heard about it before. Will have to look into it now.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Slapshot

SilentJ wrote:

Bethesda is releasing a 5fth anniversary collector's edition of Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion! It will include a $10 voucher for Skyrim and apparently only 200,000 copies will be released on June 29. No word yet on trophy support.

Oh snap, another game to go in my pile of game to get to in my next life!

@Waltz You Street Passed with Suda51, that is just awesome stuff!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bankai

Slapshot wrote:

SilentJ wrote:

Bethesda is releasing a 5fth anniversary collector's edition of Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion! It will include a $10 voucher for Skyrim and apparently only 200,000 copies will be released on June 29. No word yet on trophy support.

Oh snap, another game to go in my pile of game to get to in my next life!

@Waltz You Street Passed with Suda51, that is just awesome stuff!

Oh Oblivion. How I love you so.

I also got to interview Suda (watch out for the next issue of my magazine). All I can say is he's a very cheerful, creative and good person. I am a big fan of the man, even if I think a lot of his games suck <_<

Bankai

WaveBoy wrote:

The only peeve i have with practically all PS3/360 games is having to put up with dual analog for aiming...
Wii Pointer controls are just too amazing in my eyes in this department, I'd have to be out of my mind to go back, but i have and it's no where near as fun....But you do get used to it.Not only do dual analog controls feel unintuitive, unimersive and clunky, but the visuals take a hit because of them....Dual analog controls make the in game characters Arm/gun aiming look robotic, clunky and artifical.....

Not even the greatest HD graphics, detail and art direction can overcome this. Then you have something like Metroid Prime 3 with it's amazing Wii Pointer controls, which insantly blew me away with Samus's arm cannon animations....It was like 1:1 visual realistic magic. Nothing robot, artificial or clunky about it. It was magical and NEXT gen.

But like Resident Evil 5, i can probably adjust. I don't want to pass up this experience hehe.

You and I come from a very different perspective. I loathe Wii Pointer controls for shooters with a passion

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

regardless weather you dislike them from a control standpoint, you have to admit that dual analog controls do in fact make for some clunky, robotic, stiff akward animations....

...what?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Actually, Waveboy, no I do not have to admit anything of the sort. I've actaully played Crysis 2 and I have no freaking idea what you're on about. It slaughters Metroid 3 in terms of animation quality.

I prefer dual stick controls because dual stick controls are comfortable. It's as simple as that.

Edited on by Bankai

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

No, They're both clunky and robotic. You're just crazy.

Uh, you're the one who's crazy my friend..lol
Have you even played metroid prime 3? How in the hell do the animations look robotic and clunky? Am I missing something here?LOL This is hilarious.

Yes, yes I have. And I have no idea how you can call them fluid and natural. Not that it matters, seeing as it has nothing to do with the freakin' control scheme.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

komicturtle

Waveboy.

All you have to say is that dual analogs are archaic while pointer controls are precise and intuitive. Of course, I would never use the Wii-remote and nunchuk for Fighting games or games like Monster Hunter.

Pointer/Motion controls and dual analogues have flaws in terms of what game is being played. I will never go back to playing FPS and to some extent, third person shooters with dual analogues- not even for Crysis 2.

Controls of a game engage me more than graphics and animation.

Oh, and I get what you're saying about 'robotic' looking

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

komicturtle

lol Yeh..

Uhm, this is a Playstation 3 Thread, so there shouldn't be much talk about things Nintendo else it will stir up the hive if you catch my drift.

komicturtle

komicturtle

Not into MK personally. Really grown out of fighting games that require combinations to pull off one move. Tacky to me. Not really sure if the same could be said about MK.

komicturtle

SwerdMurd

MK sucks. So do Wii pointer controls for first-person shooters

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

JTC-Pingas

Dual analog and pointer controls are still not better than Mouse and Keyboard

JTC-Pingas

komicturtle

JTCPingas09 wrote:

To each their own

komicturtle

SwerdMurd

komicturtle92 wrote:

JTCPingas09 wrote:

To each their own

Not trying to be "that PC guy", and by all means enjoy your preference, but I just don't see any universe in which dual analog would be viewed as "better" than mouse/keys, unless said "better" describes the comfort experience (playing on giant TV, slouched). Having seen people that are really good with both schemes, mouse and keys is a completely different playing field. Console FPS can trick you into thinking you're better than you are, but that's normally stuff like aim assist (coughing loudly at CoD's joke of a console FPS system) and a watered-down game difficulty. The precision, both of quick movement and stopping on a dime, is at its absolute best with a mouse/keyboard setup. Wiimote/Move would be a decent runner up if it weren't for stop precision/dead-zone issues, but it has its own share of issues. Watch a several-hours-a-day PC gamer play Battlefield Bad Company 2. It's absurd.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Slapshot

WaveBoy wrote:

Move however has turned out to be a joke, developers aren't taking it seriously as to why many new 3rd or first person titles don't even support it. It's just a dinky add on with hardly any hardcore titles that support it. They wanted a tiny bit of Nintendo's casual pie and they got it.

Please don't do this here! I've got more hands on time with Move than you can dream of and I've played nearly every single FPS on Wii as well, and I promise you - your are completely wrong. This is a dead inaccurate statement, and I'm sorry, but don't bring this in here! Killzone 3 blows any and every single motion controlled game in the FPS/TPS genres out of the water by a mile. Yes, Metroid 3:Corruption has fantastic pointer controls (absolutely loved the game), as well as few others, and it holds it's own for what it is, but it's not Move. I own them both, I've tweaked settings for hours on both, and I'm a die-hard FPS fanatic, and their is a reason that neither Move or Wii pointer controls are utilized in professional tournaments. Dual-Analog input is superb on home consoles, and the Modern Warfare franchise proved it can be close to a keyboard and mouse, but even there the keyboard and mouse reign supreme of the genre, and will likely always will.

Move is not being considered as some half-hearted peripheral - unlike most all of Nintendo's peripherals ever made (of which I own most of too!) - it has great first and third party support and its only been out for 8 months.

I know your a Nintendo die-hard and I respect the heck out of you for it, but you don't see me, or anyone else in this thread, trashing any other companies - especially Nintendo - so please keep the rants out of here. I respect all of the companies (owning all the systems) and I respect die-hard fans of all of them, but I don't take part in this ranting. Keep it civil, or just have respect and withhold the statement altogether. Just to give you a little life lesson my friend; most always, the person doing the talk that is downing another company is ill-informed and biased, and that means nonfactual information. By all means, you do belong in here, and I enjoy all types of discussions here, even if it's not centered directly on the PS3.

@WaltzElf I think this was my third exclusive break, but I do actually play disc golf competitively. I didn't know if my knee would hold out on me this year and this tournament was the first time I had thrown a disc in 7 months and I didn't do too hot at all. My wife has been in contact with Valarie and she has invited my wife to come to a National Competition in Texas and another in north Alabama this year, as she is really good, and has the potential to make good money playing if she gets her act together. I really hope this article helps to push the sport a bit more into the mainstream. It's a lot of fun, and super cheap to play too!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.