Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 5,161 to 5,180 of 9,907

SilentJ

I'm just glad I'm currently into single player games. I recently finished up the Ratchet & Clank PS3 trilogy. They were my first R&C games and now I want to go back to play the PS2 games. I'll probably start the Sly Cooper trilogy once I'm done with inFamous. Well, back to Empire City.

PSN ID : MrPink78

smithers

@siltenJ I know im glad i picked up portal 2 instead of MK or i woulda been pissed i couldnt play MK online. That said once i beat the single player campaign for portal 2 i can always use my free steam copy to co-op with friends on the PC while PSN is down

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Slapshot

@Odd... I'd wait until PSN comes back up, which is suppose to happen tomorrow.

Tomorrow the SOCOM 4 Move/Sharp Shooter Guides go live. It worked my butt off on them so I hope they go over well! The extra time without PSN gave me more time to put into offline SOCOM 4, which is good as it has changed my opinion some on what the single player options have to offer.

I've also got about 5 hours into Final Fantasy XIII - fantastic game - and about 5 hours into Two Worlds II which is also good in a really B-movie, low-budget kinda way. Then I really screwed up and went with a friend to Gamestop yesterday and they had Fallout: New Vegas for only $17! Yeah, I'm about 6 hours into it now, and Two Worlds II is sitting on the shelf until FF XIII and New Vegas are all wrapped up! I WAS DOWN TO JUST FINAL FANTASY XIII BEING FINISHED, DAMN YOU PSN!!!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

ChiyoKat

Still can't believe that the PSN network is down, how wilI I show off my new Platinum trophy that I earned on Bayonetta to my friends? (Trophy nut here) But then again, this experience made me realize that there are good single player games on my PS3 that I need to play. Started playing Katamari: Forever and I can't stop, fifth hour into it already...! What an awkwardly amusing game, those catchy J-Pop tunes make the game so enjoyable! I'm also trying to get a platinum on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, easily got all the trophy's expect for one called: Yatta! Basically I have to beat the game: Dr. Robotnics Mean Bean (pingas) Machine. I tried to beat the final boss (Dr. Robotnic) for several hours, all attempts ending in my defeat...I ended up Rage-quiting and playing Katamari...Anyways with the PSN network down and everything, just thought I'd share some insight into some good single player PS3 games.

ChiyoKitteh

Jnes4

@Swerd_Murd & Aviator thanks for the answers guys !

@slapshot82 wait, where did you heard about the PSN coming back up tomorrow ?!

Do games need to be epic ?... or fun ?...
Game reviewer of http://wiiwarewave.forumotion.com
Wii #: 0018 2269 1524 9019 (codename Jnes)
Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX

turtlelink

Haha, thats funny Chiyo. I still haven't gotten a platinum yet. Maybe LBP2 will be the first.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Kid_A

What do you-ins think of GTA IV? I put it down for a few months because the story wasn't going anywhere (typical Rockstar), but I just picked it up again. Gameplay-wise I think it's easily the best GTA in the series, and the story, while terribly paced, is actually well-written and well-acted.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

ChiyoKat

@turtlelink

Good luck getting a platinum on that game, heard it was pretty hard to get it... but please don't get addicted to trophies, it ruined my life (Not really) days on end eating only bags of Potatoe chips and Coke in my securely locked room, constantly going back to the PS3 menu, trying to find out what I need to do to get that next trophy (Curse you Heavy Rain and your Hidden trophies) The addiction even went as far as me going to GameStop to buy: Hanna Montana the video game (since I heard it's a trophy hunters gold mine)

@Kid_A

Amazing game, the only problem I had with it was the difficulty level. Some missions left me cursing constantly. I ended up not finishing the game because I found it too hard, sadly.

ChiyoKitteh

turtlelink

Haha, thats a funny story! XD
I try to aim for trophies after I beat a game and if I can't get it, I quit, haha.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

odd69

check it out
more information on the outage search for the article about REBUG and sony. Apparently its a custom firmware the hackers may have used.
www.afterdawn.com

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

SwerdMurd

@Stro - that's awesome man. A geology major buddy of mine has been in and out of Ethiopia for the last couple years doing some paleo-botany project over there. Museums here are super-interested, but apparently the Ethiopian government isn't too fond of their historical goodness being taken overseas, hence the out-of-country work. Stories like that make me wish I'd finished college

Enjoy that though man--definitely a beautiful building.

So everyone--when PSN is back up, Might and Magic 1v1/2v2 games so we can all hit level 10 and get the requisite 3 online achievements? Just beat the campaign/all solo trophies and I need more!

Edited on by theblackdragon

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Ryno

y2josh wrote:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/04/26/sony-psn-account-i...

Check your credit cards/debit cards if you have used it on PSN.

I am surprised Sony took so long to come out with this. I should have done this awhile ago but time to change my password! Oh wait I cant sign in.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SwerdMurd

Yeah I'm pretty pissed off at the moment as well...especially cause I finally got a ton of online-friendly stuff recently.

I guess now we wait til PSN is back up, hope we can login, and once we can/do, we change our passwords. I'm already gonna get a new number for my credit card/notify Bank of America just in case. I would guess that, now that arrests are starting up, that the people who have this info aren't stupid enough to go publicly spreading it around/selling it and getting noticed/added to the mounting arrests. There's also the chance that they hacked in, stole back-up data, then got done/realized what they've stolen and how crazy-illegal it was, and originally just intended to screw with Sony/give them the message that they could hack them whenever they wanted.

At any rate--flipping out about it isn't gonna get anyone anywhere. Now we watch and wait.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.