Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 5,121 to 5,140 of 9,907

SwerdMurd

i can remember 2 instances over the 2+ years I've owned a PS3 where i couldn't get onto the network for a 24 hour period. The first was after that geohotz hack stuff, the second is right now. So tired of random vigilante-esque groups deciding they're fighting for me and screwing up my ability to access psn. I don't recall asking anonymous for help.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

SilentJ

This PSN thing sucks. I'm trying to access my cloud saves so I can continue my game of inFamous but I can't do that w/out signing in. Guess I'll have to wait 'til I'm home. Good thing I don't leave home w/out my PSP.

@Swerd
It's a shame u can't share those pix lol.

PSN ID : MrPink78

odd69

Ugh i think psn going to be down all day. I guess ill just have to frag some more bots.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

smithers

supposed to be down for one to two days, so something serious is going down. I'm thinking Anonymous stuff but they did say they would find a way to attack Sony without affecting ps3 users...guess that didnt happen

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Malkeor

This hacking thing is getting annoying...assuming it's them...oh well.

I'll be happy playing Mortal Kombat, it's really pretty. Story mode isn't too bad either!
Kratos exclusive ftw!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

Slapshot

Crap, PSN is still down! This is going to put a damper on my SOCOM 4 review!

I might just head into town for lunch and snag Portal 2 while I can't play online.

The hackers have claimed that they will not shut down PSN ever again, and this is looking to be a main server issue.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Fuzzy

I'll be ordering Portal soon. Since I've just played the original, it'll be a good transition.

Also, dont like how when you press the PS button during a PSN game. It still counts as time. I was playing Suikoden and pressed the button. Came back to it later in the day and my save was about 12 hours or so more. It's not anything big, but it's annoying to not see your actual play time.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Aviator

Message has changed now to PSN is currently undergoing maintenance.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

The_Fox

I've been having fun playing Mortal Kombat on Xbox Live, which is still up by the way. giggle

All kidding aside, MK is surprisingly awesome. I didn't have high hopes for it but I was blown away.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

WolfRamHeart

Well, it looks like PSN is still down. I'm glad that I'm not the only person experiencing a problem logging in. I was worried that my account got hacked or something. At least now I know what is going on. I wonder if this is a hacker related issue or something else. Hopefully Sony will fix this soon. I don't mind playing my games offline but I'm itching to play some Dungeon Hunter Alliance or Clash of Heroes online.

WolfRamHeart

Slapshot

smithers wrote:

HA! i just read one of the funniest bits of videogame writing ive ever seen --- http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/04/22/psn-review-go-outs...

That is hysterical, and one of the best things I've ever seen published on that site!

So, I passed on Portal 2 for now - I'll Gamefly it later - and snagged Two Worlds II for $30, and guess what, I updated the game even though PSN is down. Yeah, I know that it doesn't use PSN, but it did take me by surprise that it actually updated anyways.

y2josh

Hope you all have a fun filled and happy Easter weekend.

y2josh

odd69

So yea My ps3 phat died over the weekend. I lost all my trophies and forgot to back up most of my game saves. So i lost everything . It is quite depressing to lose years worth of gaming stuff, all my online shooters mainly.
But so happends i had 400 dollars extra saved for a long time and now im looking at a brand new ps3 slim 320 gig, with move and playstation eye. But my question is can i use my same user name and password again for the main account from my old ps3 on the slim? Did i lose all my friends on my friends list? i need to re add everyone if so.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Slapshot

odd69 wrote:

So yea My ps3 phat died over the weekend. I lost all my trophies and forgot to back up most of my game saves. So i lost everything . It is quite depressing to lose years worth of gaming stuff, all my online shooters mainly.
But so happends i had 400 dollars extra saved for a long time and now im looking at a brand new ps3 slim 320 gig, with move and playstation eye. But my question is can i use my same user name and password again for the main account from my old ps3 on the slim? Did i lose all my friends on my friends list? i need to re add everyone if so.

The only thing you lost were your game-saves man! Just sign into you account on your new Slim and all your trophies - since your last sync - will sync onto your new PS3 and all of your online shooter stats are saved to the servers of the game providers, so again you didn't loose any of that. You will want to call Sony and let them know what happened and get your account deactivated off that PS3 though.

I'm wanting to trade my other Phat in for a Slim today as well, but the flipping PSN service is still down and I can't deactivate all my accounts off of it!

y2josh

@odd69: I'm sorry to hear that dude It broke my heart when that happened to me. What slappy says rings true, although it sucks badly to lose your save files. Hope you enjoy your new slim.

y2josh

SwerdMurd

slapshot82 wrote:

So, I passed on Portal 2 for now - I'll Gamefly it later - and snagged Two Worlds II for $30, and guess what, I updated the game even though PSN is down. Yeah, I know that it doesn't use PSN, but it did take me by surprise that it actually updated anyways.

I was able to update Dungeon Hunter to 1.02 today when I hopped on to play single as well! I wonder how that works exactly?

Still waiting on PSN....It's weird--I went through a period of like a month a couple months ago where I rarely/never used PSN....now that it's down it's the only thing I wanna do

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

SilentJ

@Odd
Awww man, I feel your pain. I'm sure you'll love the new Slim model once you have it but it sucks about your game saves. Your trophies, friend's list, and online rankings will be intact but be sure to deactivate your account like Slapshot mentioned.

PSN ID : MrPink78

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.